Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
whats this oculus or tristian thing?
in one game he took the eye and shattered it by giving his sight. in another he took it and put it on himself, then eye was removed and i picked it up.
he didn't die in 2nd version and is serving happily.
I ques you chose correct options during dialog at hidden rooms?

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Have people found a way to make Amiri NOT FUCKING SHIT yet? I started my NG playthrough and the dumb bitch is always the first to eat dirt.

Canus

Savant
Have people found a way to make Amiri NOT FUCKING SHIT yet? I started my NG playthrough and the dumb bitch is always the first to eat dirt.
...what? The women can crit for 200+ damage at the end of the game and has insane accuracy. Just get her some DR and let the tank get in first.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
...what? The women can crit for 200+ damage at the end of the game and has insane accuracy. Just get her some DR and let the tank get in first.

Damage hardly matter when a stiff breeze kills her. I thought barbarians are supposed to be off-tanks?

Canus

Savant

Damage hardly matter when a stiff breeze kills her. I thought barbarians are supposed to be off-tanks?
You can pump her DR through her rage feats, and she is a prime candidate for belt of physical perfection, actually being able to make use of all the stat gains, but she's never going to have the AC of Valerie, who is also immensely strong.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
use enlarge person or reach weapons.
micromanage her to attack last
git gud?
As he said, glaive or fauchard (combined with enlarge person for even better results) and she won't have to go anywhere near enemies. You still need someone else to tank but that's what Valerie/Jaethan/MC are for.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Find some bandits at the end of the world on a mountain.
Eavesdrop.
Make stealth check.
Make harder second stealth check.
Make third stealth check.
OCTAVIA GIGGLES
BANDITS ATTACK

Fuck you, Octavia.

Parabalus

Arcane
I would encourage everyone to stop before going to Pitax (the city), that's where I encountered first "major" bugs, with obviously wrong quest flags and outcomes.

Amusement for Nobles was a waste of time since it just failed, presumably I should've gotten to it faster, even though every one was waiting at the Hunting Lodge, the contest was declared and I was told to go to the Hunting Grounds. All I got from it is a lasting and profound hatred for owlbears. :argh:

edit: Also, where's a decent glaive? Only found a +1 till now and it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

There's a pretty good one in an abbey, ch5 main quest.

Gord

Arcane
So, I have been playing a few hours now. Definitely scratches that old IE itch.
Should I ever wake up on Golarion, I'll look into breeding spider swarms to secure me my own little kingdom. A couple of those at once should eradicate a small army. Thanks for the 6 bottles of Napalm, Bokken, but they do shit against them.

Also just had an "interesting" bug. I left a cave in Old Sycamore and got attacked by 3 bandits. Which came sliding towards me, lying on their back. And were apparently afflicted by sleeping sickness, since they never woke up. Had a few nice things with them, though.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Give her heavy armour, this effectively slows (no more barbarian speed bonus) her down and stops her from going ahead of the tank all the time.
I used to hate her, but now with her behind, slow, and with endless war, she's pretty good.

Lambach

Arcane
Fuck sake. :lol:

9FeNxI0.jpg

0E7rqsx.jpg

I gave up on A House at the Edge of Time because it has a bazillion bugs, thought I'd play a new character until the "big" 1.1 patch arrives and hopefully fixes that goddamn mess, but 1.0.14 once again fucks up something that worked well in previous patches. This is just amazing. :lol:

Lambach

Arcane
edit: Also, where's a decent glaive? Only found a +1 till now and it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

I know there's a +2 Flaming one fairly early in the game, can't for the life of me remember where exactly, though.

There's also a +5 one that does 2d6 Sonic Damage on hit and let's you cast a 9th-level spell once per day in Whiterose Abbey in the Pitax area

Shadenuat

Arcane
Some bonuses only show in combat log because they're not permanent and only happen during particular action. For example, Fighting Defensively only happens during Full Attack so you won't see it in character sheet.

In combat log all her bonuses work just fine.

Heck, even "bugged" Bracers of Archery actually work judging by it.

Lambach

Arcane
Some bonuses only show in combat log because they're not permanent and only happen during particular action. For example, Fighting Defensively only happens during Full Attack so you won't see it in character sheet.

In combat log all her bonuses work just fine.

Heck, even "bugged" Bracers of Archery actually work judging by it.

...... this is totally not embarrassing at all......

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is initiative bugged? I just got my PC sorted, started a new game, rolled a 20 DEX elf while using the composite longbow - and I'm always the last prick to the dance floor when battle begins...
Can't be right?.
To my knowledge it works as designed.
First, you can look at initiative rolls in the log and examine the results for yourself.
Second 20DEX means +5 modifier which is applied to initiative rolls. That's a nice bonus but doesn't guarantee the initiative by itself even against an enemy without any bonuses. Add to that the fact that some enemies might have modifiers to initiative themselves.
If you really want to be somewhat reliably winning initiative you have to stack more +initiative than just plain +5 from DEX. Even more DEX, improved initiative feat, wizards can take a familiar with initiative (hare?), etc... Might not be worth in this game, you can still move even when you lost the initiative and it's not pnp so there is always reload if losing the initiative caused you problems.
At least that's my take on it, maybe others think differently.

Thanks for replies. I'll keep testing, but so far am inclined to think it's working as intended.

Another question: I recieved x54 xp per trap in the tutorial when I clicked the box for "Only skill user recieves skill check experience". This should have put me +162 over the rest of the party XP (and it did). Then I fiddled about with the setting and switched it back to off for the Harrim intimidate check to recieve +18XP - because I didn't get it when it was on.

Now I've hit the map, and everyone is at the same XP: 2074 for the entire party. So does the game retroactively balance the XP back to what it would have been when you change the setting?. Because I want my main character to get his trap XP above the rest of the party; as that Elven INT racial/privilege score cost a lot.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
finally finished the game.

what can i say? you can clearly notice how rushed the game was, starting from pitax and the one hundred times worse last chapter. i never agreed with the '' balance crowd '' but the enemies at the last chapter are made to be ultra cheap.

the plot was good enough but the loot, enemies and difficult spike was something else. i played at hard from the start to the end and the game starts hard, gets easy from ch 3 to 7 and at 7 gets brutal. i don t think i've played a crpg with a last boss this hard before.

that said even if the last chapter did sour the experience i could only feel good at the epilogue. what a ride friends, what a ride. when was the last time i've felt like this about a game, i can t even remember.

now i'll let the game sleep then play it again after it s patched. until then i'll get my bugged game fix with insomnia and by reading people's opinion of the game here.

Lambach

Arcane
What Shadenaut said and in addition both Heroism and Lethal Stance give "morale" bonus afaik, they don't stack so only one is listed.

I don't think Rage or Lethal Stance give a morale bonus, at least it's not specified (the description states it simply gives a bonus, so they were probably made to stack with everything). But yeah, like Shadenuat said, it does display both the Rage and LS bonus in the actual combat logs.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What Shadenaut said and in addition both Heroism and Lethal Stance give "morale" bonus afaik, they don't stack so only one is listed.

I don't think Rage or Lethal Stance give a morale bonus, at least it's not specified (the description states it simply gives a bonus, so they were probably made to stack with everything). But yeah, like Shadenuat said, it does display both the Rage and LS bonus in the actual combat logs.
My error then, sorry for misinformation.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Should I ever wake up on Golarion, I'll look into breeding spider swarms to secure me my own little kingdom. A couple of those at once should eradicate a small army. Thanks for the 6 bottles of Napalm, Bokken, but they do shit against them.
You can kill them with torches too.

Best option though is to pick the :obviously: nuke class grenadier and easily kill all the enemies that are supposed to be tough due to high AC or resistances.

panda

Savant
use enlarge person or reach weapons.
micromanage her to attack last
git gud?
Yeah, Amiri needs micromanagement early.
That is actually amusing how dumb strong she becomes late compared to indeed somewhat lackluster begining levels when difference with 20STR build loses it absolute meaning.
I mean imagine classic 20 -> 24 STR two hander who makes let's say 70 avg dmg per hit with buffs. From NPC's side there is Armag for example, though he is not fully buffed, so his damage is slightly lower. And to fill the picture Siroket is quite similar too.
Now for Amiri her starting 16STR means that she is going to do 'only' 70 - 3 per hit.
I remember releasing her from the reserves bench after Armag's tomb and found out that e.g. she can almost solo handle curse invasions. Or bring down all Glenebon's random encounter mobs (Elder elementals, bloody bones beasts, 4 handed giants) one body per turn.
Even wanted to return her to main line-up.
But then i switched to unfair and she became so fucking useless again :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom