Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

Oh boy, wait till Goral sees this.
you forgot to mention him

Goral
Don't know why you're tagging me, in my whole time being here I've only responded to this once, and only when I was asked to do so: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/age-of-decadence-reviews.103996/page-39#post-5163065
You can call the game CYOA for all I care, it's still much better game than PoE or 99% of other RPGs made by mainstream studios. My fanboyism is highly overestimated here, the main reason I got the tag was because Crooked Bee got butthurt after I laughed at JRPGs (at the time I got the tag I barely posted on IT forums). Somehow you Prime Junta didn't get the tag even after your PoE fanboying, same goes for Underrail fanboys (some of them have over 50% of all posts in UR forum). The way your minds work (i.e. being easily manipulated, being conformists and mindlessly following the crowd) reminds me why we can't have nice things and why jews win most of the time.

The Bishop

Cipher
If Feargus doesn't let him make that game, he should quit and form his own company.
Yeah! And while he's still at Obsidian he can get Leon and Tim to share their success story about running a video game development business. It will be great!

Developer
Nothing of value was lost.

He must have heard you, and out of spite (j/k), he reversed his decision to leave and most likely become Obs' full-time composer, which had already been offered to him (although he was interviewing for 3 months, it turns out the family didn't want to move 1 hour North when the matter finally came to a head and the offer was on the table).

He had told me it was a done deal, but he's right, family comes first.

That said, this is the 2nd time Justin's flip-flopped about resigning from Obsidian, so I sincerely hope he decides to stay there now - he's made his bed, so I hope he makes the most of it. Granted, there's a chance he may reverse it again in a week or two, but at this point, let the chips fall where they may.

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm not sure why Josh is not among his faithful fans on Codex and instead giving interviews to these gay sites which won't even allow copying through normal means. If he's to make a historical RPG similar to Darklands, at least a half of codexers will stand in line to kiss his gray head.

But then, my knee basically just gave out one day in training and I went to the doctor and they said I didn't have any cartilage left in my right knee. And I said, “well, can I get it back?” [laughing]. And they said, “No, it's never coming back."
The dude is hardcore. He's not only has gray hairs, he's in a need of a walking stick. Unless of course, he replaced his knee. I heard cycling is a way to go with these kinds of problems as you have less pressure on the knee joints.

I used to like RTSs but I actually just liked the Age of Empires series, I don’t think I really liked RTSs in general [laughing]. But I got the remastered AoE HD. I played that, I love that.
They haven't made a deal with MS and he's already shilling.

Flou

Arbiter
Nothing of value was lost.

He must have heard you, and out of spite (j/k), he reversed his decision to leave and most likely become Obs' full-time composer, which had already been offered to him (although he was interviewing for 3 months, it turns out the family didn't want to move 1 hour North when the matter finally came to a head and the offer was on the table).

Full time composer instead of Audio Director? Or will he actually be both?

nobre

Cipher
Sawyer said:
There's something I really like about playing Teutonic Knights; having all my Teutonic Knights in their blue capes walking across the battlefield, very slowly with a bunch of priests behind them.

FreeKaner

As I said, Sawyer doesn't even try to hide his convictions or intentions, he is out in the open with them and at this point is trying to pull people to his side. Which is not surprising after he dropped the symbolism and metaphors in his previous games to set the stage for next phase. If and when he gets to create his historical game set in Holy Roman Empire, possibly as a religious knight slaughtering pagans, Slavs and other alleged undesirable according to his Atlanto-Hyperborean worldview he will reach his last phase. Which is outright radicalisation for Aryan Germanic supremacy, and today more than ever the gamers are already willing to accept this ideology. He is fully aware that the circumstances are ripe to revive and spread his austrofascism.

WTF I love Sawyer now.

His games are still shit though.

I've heard of store chains where to get hired you need to set up your own company and then they "contract" your services through that company. You're just a store clerk, but in legal terms you're an entrepreneur, so you have no labor rights whatsoever.

There is a lot of companies who do that in Poland :(

Delterius

Arcane
I've heard of store chains where to get hired you need to set up your own company and then they "contract" your services through that company. You're just a store clerk, but in legal terms you're an entrepreneur, so you have no labor rights whatsoever.

I would be thankful. As an 'employee' with 'rights' and 'duties' I'd have contributed nothing to society. As a polish entrepeneur, I would have created at least one more job in East Poland.

I would be thankful. As an 'employee' with 'rights' and 'duties' I'd have contributed nothing to society. As a polish entrepeneur, I would have created at least one more job in East Poland.

However those we speak of are fake entrepreneurs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom