Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the most overrated RPG on RPGcodex?

What is the most overrated CRPG on the codex?

• Deus Ex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darklands

• KOTOR II

• Ultima Underworld

• System Shock 2

• Might & Magic VI

• Gothic

• Realms of Arkania II

• Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

• Wizardry VI

• Ultima VII

• Daggerfall

• Icewind Dale

• Icewind Dale II

• Wasteland

• Quest for Glory IV

• Ultima V

• Arx Fatalis

• Geneforge

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Ultima Underworld II

• Albion

• Risen

• Drakensang: River of Time

• Neverwinter Nights 2

• System Shock

• Lands of Lore 1

• Blackguards

• Battle Brothers

• Legend of Grimrock

• Legend of Grimrock II

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance

• Total voters

EldarEldrad

Savant
I think that in fact every AD&D CRPG is somewhat overrated. How you can get a decent CRPG using intentionally stupid tabletop role-playing system for no-lifers that spend their precious Sunday time for killing imaginary elves in imaginary dungeons instead of kissing real-world girls (or at least playing CRPGs with capable role playing system with all that BUILDS and STRAGIES decisions, you know)?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, Goldbox games, tried to play Pool of Darkness recently, the UI and everything else is so bad i didn't make it outside the city, character creation is bad, picking a personalized icon for your characters one of my worst video games experience and from the intro, the combat itself suffers from some real bad design, like it takes 2 minutes to resolve a single fireball killing a group of mobs.
I don't see what's so bad about the UI. I actually think it's easier and quicker to use than most mouse-driven interfaces, though I suppose it takes a little bit of getting used to. Character creation is what it is; it's not a game for people who love to customize their characters. Besides, party composition has a decent impact on how the games play, so it's not like you don't have any decisions to make. Combat speed can be adusted from the camp menu, or you can just increase CPU cycles in DOSBox.

Sykar

Arcane
images

Serus

Arcane
Patron
See, that's the forum equivalent of a quest compass in action. Everyone reading this thread could have found that information for himself very easily but you had to point it to them as if they were idiots. You assumed people who would be interested in this particular information can't use their own smarts and need to be guided as idiots. You might have been correct. However, in general, that's how modern AAA game designers think about their audience.

:smug:

Sykar

Arcane
See, that's the forum equivalent of a quest compass in action. Everyone reading this thread could have found that information for himself very easily but you had to point it to them as if they were idiots. You assumed people who would be interested in this particular information can't use their own smarts and need to be guided as idiots. You might have been correct. However, in general, that's how modern AAA game designers think about their audience.

:smug:

It simply does not matter to me. I do not mind if some people dislike PS:T. Games are art and like with for example music people have different tastes. Me making fun of people rating it overrated is just me shit posting.
:shitposting:

mondblut

Arcane
Arcanum. All the PSTs, Bloodlineses, Ultimas and so on are tempting selections, but in the end none of them aspired to be the next Wizardry and deserve to be judged on their own, non-RPG merits. Arcanum, OTOH, is just an unplayable mess marketed as victorian age Fallout.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Arcanum. All the PSTs, Bloodlineses, Ultimas and so on are tempting selections, but in the end none of them aspired to be the next Wizardry and deserve to be judged on their own, non-RPG merits. Arcanum, OTOH, is just an unplayable mess marketed as victorian age Fallout.
I wouldn't go as far to call it "unplayable", it is playable. But it is also a mess, that's for sure. Regardless of its playability or lack of it, Arcanum isn't as highly regarded on the Codex as it used to be. This site was made and dominated by Troika's fanboys in early years. And Arcanum was always their favourite. You know, you were there. It's really no longer the case, plenty of people bashing Arcanum freely these days, a few bad rating is all the reaction you can expect. I don't feel it's a holy cow as it used to be. Which makes it not such a great target for the "most overrated CRPG of the Codex" crown as it used to be. Back in the day, if you wanted half of the Codex to go apeshit, criticizing Arcanum was a solid choice of bait. Today, you will probably have better chance if you pick something else. Even Planescape.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Age of Decadence. Game was pure ass, but the Cuckdex shills it so the rest of the NPCs on here agree.
How do I give this a retadred rating? AoD is one of the most engaging things I've played in years.
You should get the NPC rating. It's worse when you follow this cucked-SJW site like an NPC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom