Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Falksi

Arcane
Hendrix-Woodstock_small.jpg

3-Mark-Knopfler-1962-Red-Fender-Strat-via-mk-guitar.com_.jpg

GilmourBlackStrat.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I mean, your party rests 8 hours + cooks. Then effect stays for 16. It's not algebra but not an unreasonable design either. If you think about it as an "adventuring day" anyway.
So when they rest 9 hours the effect lasts longer?

Incendax

Augur
Well if you're facing monsters which are hot women drowning men in lakes yes. If you're facing something like incubi (if such thing exists in Pathfinder) then it should be other way around.
But Fey gonna Fey.
Amiri throws around numerous hints that she would like the former. They never outright say it, because she’s an iconic, but the hints are there.

Rob McQuown

Barely Literate
Food and its effect

Dish - primary effect - secondary "favorite" effect

Grilled Silver Eel - 10 movement bonus
Owlbear omelett - +1 attack rolls - +5 Nature Lore (Ekun)

Jeweled Rice - + 5 movement - + 5 movement (Jaethal)
Rice & Nut Pudding - + 5 movement - + 1d6 sneak dice with spells (octavia)
Haggis - +1 saving throws - +3 will saves (Harrim)
Sweet Pancakes - + 5 movement
Seasoned Wings and Thighs - 1 temp hitpoint per level
Sheperds Pie - +1 saving throws - +1d6 channel positive energy (tristian)
Galt Ragout - +4 hours before Fatigue
Fish on a stick - +4 hours before Fatigue - +3 Trickery and UMD (nok-nok)
Onion Soup - +1 saving throws
Succulent Sausages - 1 temp hitpoint per lvl
Monster Casserole - +2 on dmg rolls
Hunters Roast - 1 temp hitpoint per lvl, +3 Nature Lore (Ekun)
Chocolade Icecream - +3 to all skill checks
Smoked Trout and Hydra Pate - +1 AC
Broiled Tuskwater Oyster - +1 spell DCs - +5 Perception (Jaethal)
Baked Spider Legs - +3 Fortitude saves - +5 Stealth (Nok-Nok)
Kameberry Pie - fast healing 1
Mastodon Steak + 1.5 temp HP per lvl
Hearty meal - +1 saves
Cheese Crostata - +6 hours before Fatigue

Duration is "1 day" i.e. 16 hours, because in Russia a day is 16 hours long. I don't know the secondary effects for ppl not in my party, so if anybody knows these we could complete the list.
Thanks for this!

Why don't people include ingredients, would be useful. FWIW, there's also this thread, haven't checked if it's in total agreement but it lists the boosts for each companion's favored chow: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192545322821/

Rob McQuown

Barely Literate
Any guidelines yet on which classes are good to multiclass a bit into, and which ones to focus all the way on them to get the most benefits?

Inquisitor 1 gets a domain (travel for +10 movement FTW IMO), a judgement (+1 to hit to compensate for no +1 BAB?), and all skills as class skills, if that's your thing. Also Longbow prof if you don't have it.

I have a fun NPC I called Scamper, who dipped into Inq1 (travel), Mad Dog Barb 1 (+10 speed), then is building up as a Druid with 50 speed and longbow (ranged attacks sorely lacking for stock druids). Figure if I shape change, I'll use take Weapon Finesse, but mainly plan to just summon stuff. Oh, and this char took Trickery and handles my boxes and traps (yay Inquisitor) -Perception/Nature/Trickery even with 7 INT!

BTW, I heartily recommend taking Domain-Animal as a druid instead of Animal Companion. The 1 feat for Boon Companion is a small price to pay for an extra spell at each level, IMO. At least if you plan to be a spellcaster primarily. If you're planning to turn into a tiger and shred things, that's another story.

FWIW, I have really fallen in love with Leopard as a companion. I know Smiley nominally does more damage, but Trip is really nice, and such a high dex on the cat!

Shadenuat

Arcane
One of the interesting concepts I wonder if it will work for a full party is this: it doesn't seem like even endgame enemies are good at going through combat invis
But of course they have shitton of perception
But that can be countered by leveling up Sneak. Even if they have +40 perception, we can counter it with high dex party, skill focus, dazzling cloaks on some of party members (+10), and so on

Which brings me to idea - what if we run full dex, full Sneak party, where we can counter +30-40 Perception, and can we break fey with this. It should be quite interesting
Like whole party of mercs from Jagged Alliance slapped with all the camo behind enemy lines

Last edited:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been thinking about making a Quarterstaff wielding, Neutral Monk for my next playthrough. Probably a Scaled Fist 16/Thug 4, though I've been also thinking about some levels of Two-handed Fighter (mainly to gain a lot of feats). Paladin would've been a good choice, but I want to reserve a Lawful Good run for later.

As for the feat choices, I'm thinking combat maneuvers and Dazzling Display.

Any suggestions, aside from 1 level of Vivisectionist, which seems like the best dip? Another idea was a mixture of Monk/Sorcerer, but it probably won't work well, would it? Rather than going full munchkin, I'm more interested in working around those self-imposed limitations (described earlier) - as I find that process more fun.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thinking of rolling a Vivisectionist, probably human and giving it a single class dip in Inquisitor, fighter is probably a better dip but with that level of Inquisitor the build has the, 'i'm here to question you painfully' vibe.

Going to try and spread points evenly between strength and dex. Atleast enough to take most 2 weapon fighting feats and get some dex bonuses from the medium armour proficiency but ditch weapon finesse.

The build isn't really optimal, but has its strengths earlier in the game as you can flip between sword and board, and dual wield eventually making it both if you want with shield fighting feats. You'd get a better weapon and armour selection by going fighter (knife master is a great dip as well but would probably be better in a dex build).

You don't get the level 20 benefits, but it doesn't sound like a character will reach level 20 (atleast there won't be much left in the game when you do) for a greater discovery anyway. Also I don't like the idea of dex builds that lack uncanny dodge (especially with the way flanking seems to be implemented in the game).

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Just a quick question, if you chose your Wizard to be for example a Thassilonian Conjurer, do you retain the extra Metamagic feats and the Conjurers class abilities like Dimension Door and extra duration for summons or do you get an additional spell slot at the expense of another opposite school only?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
What's the benefit of going bows instead of crossbows? The STR modifier from Composite?

In Linzi's case where she has no STR, should she always use a crossbow only?

I tried seeing if the game's crossbows are slower than longbows but they seem to fire equally as fast.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
What's the benefit of going bows instead of crossbows? The STR modifier from Composite?

I tried seeing if the game's crossbows are slower than longbows but they seem to fire equally as fast.
Bows are better because you can get Manyshot, but Ekun has that covered. There are at least 1 very good and 1 godly Heavy Crossbow in the game that might be good to go for with Linzi.

Cael

Arcane

The main advantage of bows over longbows is the free action drawing of the arrow. Crossbows need a move to reload unless you spend a feat. Bows also comes in mighty composite form which gives Str bonus to damage (up to the mighty rating) while crossbows need another feat to add half Dex bonus to damage.

However, various games have mucked with how crossbows are done. In ToEE, for example, there is technically no difference between a light crossbow and a heavy crossbow other than the damage (in PnP heavy crossbows take a full round action to load).

The thing you need to look out for is how many attacks a round you get with a crossbow. It should only be 1 per round regardless of your base attack bonus, while bows will give you multiple attacks according to your BAB. Unless she has the Fast Reload feat.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
isn't attacks per round determined by the character's BAB?

as for the crossbow loading action: that's why I asked, because crossbows don't seem to require loading in Kingmaker, making them same as bows in that regard.

EDIT: I re-read your post and now I understand! Sorry.

Crossbows: ALWAYS only 1 attack.

Bows: Attacks determined by BAB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom