Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ludo Lense Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
action-rpg game
Bastard left the Codex with MY shtick!

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Admirations for Ludo's shitting on self-proclaimed "writers" like Megan Starks.

Excuse me.

Senior "writer" Megan Starks :obviously: ahem.

Pardon, correction. Senior Narrative Designer Megan Starks :obviously:ahem ahem:obviously:

(pictured here with her girlfriend)

She enters as Senior Narrative Designer about the same time as Avallone leaves. I can imagine Ludo was not pleased with that exchange.

Though she's only been part of Tyranny and POE2, neither of which I've played.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I'm aware of that.

Also, I've watched a bit of almost all of his videos by now. Interestingly, he is pretty critical of Phantom Doctrine but his video actually made me more interested in it than I was initially. Strange to see someone investing so much thought and effort into games which most people would write off as mediocre.

Edit: Feeling the same about Thronebreaker, which I wrote off as a card game and milking Witcher 3.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Etherlords 1 and 2 showed that you can do the card game thing with actual units/graphically represented/animated fights back in god-knows-when. Also had great OSTs.
Thronebreaker has a nice-looking overworld, but then it goes right into... Actual cards on the floor.
Seems so mismatched to me, and a waste of the computer's capabilities.

A horse of course

Etherlords 1 and 2 showed that you can do the card game thing with actual units/graphically represented/animated fights back in god-knows-when. Also had great OSTs.
Thronebreaker has a nice-looking overworld, but then it goes right into... Actual cards on the floor.
Seems so mismatched to me, and a waste of the computer's capabilities.

It's a pretty bizarre use of production values. The cutscenes and voice acting are on par with a mid-budget full price title, but then...the core gameplay is just a card game? I mean, were it a 4x, an RTS, even a crappy action-RPG, I'd give it a chance just for the story and RPG-lite reactivity, but not a card game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom