Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG BOOK RELEASED!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
au contraire

e0af2e8de28de4393afedc47d349fdf076b2c5018d1149df75d246ad40ef335eu8.png

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/update-23-physical-edition-revealed/
Update 23 – Physical Edition, revealed!

Today, I’m proud to reveal the physical edition of the CRPG Book, to be published by Bitmap Books, creators of the most beautiful and polished books on video games!

This edition will be hardcover, fully proof-read, feature new reviews, several updates and the amazing cover artwork you see above, done by artist Jan Pospíšil.

This is still a non-profit work, so all these updates will be later freely available for download, and ALL the money I would make from this will instead be donated to Vocação, an award-winning NGO in Brazil that helps kids and teenagers from poor communities to advance their education and earn a job, giving them the tools to improve their lives and of the people around them.

The pre-orders will begin on January 14, with a very special limited edition also available! You can sign up here to be informed.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone who helped me take this project so far!
Finally!
So, is the embargo lifted felipepepe? Care to elaborate on the new reviews and updates?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, is the embargo lifted felipepepe? Care to elaborate on the new reviews and updates?
I still can't reveal everything, we are still preparing a deluxe edition with poster and a few other goodies that are still pending, but the book was fully proof-read, a bunch of screenshots were replaced for much better ones (for exemple, I recently replayed Witcher 2 in 4k) and updated the reviews with new information (like The Bard's Tale Trilogy remaster).

The new reviews depend on the last version you got of the book... after release I added Sea Dogs/Age of Pirates, Academagia: The Making of Mages and Gates of Skeldal / Brány Skeldalu. I wanted to keep adding, but I had to deliver a final version back in May for proof-reading. I sneaked up a few minor changes later, but there was no time to add the SpellForce 1-3 review I wanted... it will be for the 2.0 release ;)

BTW, be sure to brofist Merlkir for that kickass cover art (which I can't post in high res yet).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heh, I guess I'll be anonymous on the physical copy as well.

Which is a good thing, won't have to bear the shame of not actually writing about something worthwhile.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just to clear something up I read elsewhere: The book will open up for pre-orders two months from now, but the book itself will not be available and/or shipped until November 2019... a whole year from now? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

lightbane

Arcane
I've been reading this (the last available version) during the last summer and I have to say, it was a fun read. I won't mind reading it again once it's available once more, if only to see which new things I discover.

I found that the reviews of ME 3 and Fallout 3 were too positive IMO though.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Just to clear something up I read elsewhere: The book will open up for pre-orders two months from now, but the book itself will not be available and/or shipped until November 2019... a whole year from now? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Where'd you hear that?
It says: "Bitmap Books is proud to announce it will be publishing a new title called The CRPG Book: A Guide to Computer Role-Playing Games in early 2019. "

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No, the book will be shipped 1-2 months after the pre-order starts, depending on some final details (like the limited edition bonuses). The only "November" in the press release is the current date, November 2018.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It comes in a standard or collector's edition, the latter being limited to 1000 units.
Actually, both editions are limited. My contract is that I can distribute the updated free ebook once they sell out - or after a certain amount of time has passed. ;)

So the ebook will return in 2019, the exact date depending on how fast the book sells.

tindrli

Arcane
now that i saw some screenshots. if the book sells well i suggest you make a Sticker album book edition..

good luck bro

Mark Richard

Arcane
It comes in a standard or collector's edition, the latter being limited to 1000 units.
Actually, both editions are limited. My contract is that I can distribute the updated free ebook once they sell out - or after a certain amount of time has passed. ;)
Had a feeling you'd say that. Its why I deliberately informed the Codex AFTER my copy had been secured. :P

Andhaira

Arcane
Awesome felipepepe many congrat.

Just curious though, how much money did you make from the contract, and how much does the publisher get to keep from the proceeds?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just pre-ordered the Standard Edition, too much 'unnecessary' extra stuff with the CE.

Cheers!

- Soon I'll have a library of Bitmap Books, got the Amiga compendium 3 years ago as well.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just curious though, how much money did you make from the contract, and how much does the publisher get to keep from the proceeds?
I can't reveal all the details while the contract is active, but my cut will be around 13,000-20,000 dollars.

Considering the exchange rate to Brazilian reais, that's around 50-70 minimum wages we're donating. :P

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought a few copies of each, i don't care if its valuable or not.

I think it's great gifts to give to bros.

I'm not sure the Collectors edition is really worth the mark up, but when are they ever :its a mystery:

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'll have to get this after the pre-order period. Can't ship to Canada, and my current US shipping address is annoying for not telling me when things come in while also only holding things for 2 weeks.

:rage:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom