Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
97 pages already? what a shitshow this website has become, shame on you all
Go back to reset era, I'm sure their thread is much smaller.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Everyone "allegedly" hated Fallout 4 compared to 3 and that did ok.
This is the first time I heard such a claim.
IMO, Fallout 4 is generally considered a better game than Fallout 3.

Those who thought F3 was good think that F4 is great.
And those who thought F3 was shit think that F4 is somewhat less shit.

Most of the Fallout fanbase feels that way. Fallout 4 fixed one or two glaring issues with Fallout 3 and then took a huge shit on the rest. Fallout 3 is a better game. It's a better game like hundreds of needles through your soft tissue is less painful than someone cutting pieces of flesh off.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
toddmonster.jpg

So, what shall it be? Do you pre-order Fallout 76, or do you die here? JOIN! DIE! JOIN! DIE!

The Master could be convinced of the error of his ways. For Todd Howard and his Bethestard Mutants, there is no redemption.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IGN plunging to take the bullet like Kevin Costner in front of Whitney Houston:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...gating-a-potential-huge-hacking-vulnerability
FALLOUT 76: BETHESDA RESPONDS TO PC HACKING CONCERNS, IS PLANNING FIXES
Bethesda says it is tracking a number of hacking issues, but that some concerns are "inaccurate or based on incorrect assumptions."

BY TOM MARKS UPDATE 11/5: Bethesda have provided further comment to IGN contesting the validity of the claims made in a Reddit thread asserting that Fallout 76 is extremely vulnerable to hacking. Here is the full statement:

"Many of the claims in the thread are either inaccurate or based on incorrect assumptions. The community has however called to attention several issues that our teams are already actively tracking and planning to roll out fixes for. Our goal is always to deliver a great experience for all our players. Cheating or hacking will not be tolerated. We know our fan base is passionate about modding and customizing their experience in our worlds and it's something we intend to support down the road."

The statement does not say specifically which claims are false, but Bethesda is clearly aware of whatever legitimate issues have been raised and plans to correct them.

You can read the original story below, published before the above statement was received:

Fallout 76’s PC version could be worryingly vulnerable to hacking according to claims from some players with beta access, and Bethesda is "aware and investigating."

A thread on the Fallout subreddit reports that Fallout 76 is basically as easy to mod as Fallout 4, and that the servers don’t actually check to verify if client-side files have been modified. That means modders could convert existing Fallout 4 mods to work with Fallout 76 and then play with them online without issue, or make entirely new ones that offer an unfair advantage.

IGN reached out to Bethesda for comment on the claims, and they said “Our teams are aware and investigating the issue,” implying that there is validity to these claims. Bethesda didn't immediately provide a response as to what specifically is being done to address these reports, or how hackers would be detected or punished.

If true, the implications are severe. A mod that makes lockpicking easier has already popped up for Fallout 76 and has reportedly functioned without problems during its PC betas (with a gameplay video to prove it) – but there would be nothing from stopping hackers from making significantly more malicious changes, like increasing health or letting their player go through walls.

The Reddit thread also claims that Fallout 76’s server traffic messages are unencrypted, potentially allowing hackers to access server information like player locations more easily than they would be able to otherwise.

While we aren’t able to check the validity and extent of these reports until Fallout 76’s next PC beta test on Tuesday, Bethesda's response seems to indicate there is at least some truth to them, and we'll aim to confirm them ourselves tomorrow. Fallout 76 launches on November 14.

LOL, comments:

They really need to take gaming away from PCs. Nothing but lawless neckbeards ruining fun for everyone with a keystroke.

If your movement speed is determined locally by your machine, and the game is online only... that means their will never be a universally accepted fix unless they rewrite absolutely HUGE parts of the engine.

Loaded with game-breaking bugs
- No NPCs
- No Steam
- Creation Club

Yeah this is definitely a pass.

This game is DOA.

-- Uninspired
-- Ugly
-- Tired

Bethesda needs to take a few years off and do a complete overhaul of their game engine and internal systems. Fallout 4 disappointed many, and this looks like it's primed to do poorly.

IGN will give it an 8.5 or higher though, to be sure.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
After playing the excellent betas I just can't find ANY game that i'm enjoying half as much as I enjoyed my time in Appalachia. Time to play the full game !

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When the ugliest shills begin doing damage control videos to appease the crowds while still trying to say for their benefactors' sake "the game may not be all bad", you know we are in for a spectacular disaster:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is this just a subjective impression I'm getting, or are so many youtubers calling out Bethesda on their dated graphics and clunky animations all at once? It's like a whole new generation is on youtube, which has had no experience with even skyrim or FO3, and they are suddenly feeling annoyed by things which the "old" gamebryo crowd had gotten used to?

Fallout 76 is suddenly looking like an aging guy who came at a teenage night in the club dressed in the latest 80s fashion. Everyone is giving him strange looks and he is feeling out of his element.

That's the danger when you decide on creating a multiplayer shooter with mild RPG elements aimed at the console crowd, beyond the established fallout fanboys: now it gets compared to games like Destiny/Halo/CoD, where picking a class and spending points on something already qualifies as "RPG elements".
So when the average consoletard takes a break from owning at Cock of Duty, he rightfully wonders why this "new shit" looks like it's straight from 2012.

And graphics sell the console game. Lolblivion, Beth's entrance to the console market, was hailed as being very pretty at it's time. FO3 still managed to get a pass with it's dated graphics, but FNV really suffered from it.

Nevertheless, FO76 will still sell at least like FO3, maybe even FO4. Even IF it ends up being caught in a shitstorm endangering future releases, Todd can always say: "Look at my handsome smile and repeat: FO76 was done by a different team than our upcoming single player games, no need to worry!"

Sad.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Even IF it ends up being caught in a shitstorm endangering future releases, Todd can always say: "Look at my handsome smile and repeat: FO76 was done by a different team than our upcoming single player games, no need to worry!"
Some inspiring message to make to your developers :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane

Is this just a subjective impression I'm getting, or are so many youtubers calling out Bethesda on their dated graphics and clunky animations all at once? It's like a whole new generation is on youtube, which has had no experience with even skyrim or FO3, and they are suddenly feeling annoyed by things which the "old" gamebryo crowd had gotten used to?

Fallout 76 is suddenly looking like an aging guy who came at a teenage night in the club dressed in the latest 80s fashion. Everyone is giving him strange looks and he is feeling out of his element.

The problem is the engine looks dated.
And it plays worse than Fallout 4 due to multiplayer.

I think the engine is perfectly capable of not looking 10 years old, the people making the assets are another story.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I think the engine is perfectly capable of not looking 10 years old, the people making the assets are another story.
Not on the console good Sir. Your toaster may have the raw processing power to handle high rez textures, but the XBawxOne already has the tendency to become a sad puddle of misery with the game's patented low rez BlurryTex(TM) and a draw distance no further than your stretched arm.

Remember how Pete "informed" beta players that the further outlying areas (read: anything beyond what the press could reach in their limited time) are "not optimized yet".
Implying that what we saw in the first videos was already "optimized". :hahano:

Fallout 4 and Skyrim are much better games than Fallout 3 and Oblivion to be honest, I've been saying that they should just abandon the idea of Fallout/TES being RPG's and just make fun to play action adventure games for awhile now since it's obvious they really don't want to make RPG's anymore.
saying that puke tastes better than shit is not much of a compliment.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fallout 4 and Skyrim are much better games than Fallout 3 and Oblivion to be honest, I've been saying that they should just abandon the idea of Fallout/TES being RPG's and just make fun to play action adventure games for awhile now since it's obvious they really don't want to make RPG's anymore.
saying that puke tastes better than shit is not much of a compliment.
Stop hurting puke's feelings. Xir has done nothing to harm you!

PorkBarrellGuy

over 481000 people subscribe to this guy. I hope to god at least half of them tell this guy he's retarded.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Give the guy a break, he obviously only plays Bethesda games. Clearly he's not just straight up lying to the retards that watch him.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Framerate exploit has been fixed by ignoring the whole content of the ini files.
It's not that you could even change anything important, like reassigning keys or muting the mic, needing the ini to begin with. Game's meant to be played with console specs anyway, no need to adjust anything.

But there are clearly high professional coders at work.
Next up: encrpyting the data stream with some cheap open source program they quickly googled, leading to a minimum ping of 300+ ms for everyone? :hahano:

:hearnoevil:
"It just works! Barely. Nobody knows why."

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My current favorite is the guy who got in a fight with his screaming kid for making a non-white character.
Kid was just being realistic, in 100 years the illegal aliens have taken over and all the old white men have fled to Canada anyways.

Reminded me of the early FO4 versions, where pretty much every settler that the game spawned for you had between dark and very dark skin (because Beth hadn't bothered to code enough templates yet). Made me feel extremly racist taking all their stuff and sending them to work on my cotton mutfruit plantation. Paying them nutin'.

Thanks for those memories Todd. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom