Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt incoming

Modron

Arcane
This is fine and all, but when is Tacticular Cancer going to start receiving updates?
Civilization 7.

Black

Arcane
The butthurt is being caused because Codex often fails to either load a page entirely or only loads a portion of it, adblock on or off.
You did this.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The redesign for the sub-forums looks like shit.

Has anyone thought for a second how fucked up the site looks on a mobile device?

Mustawd

I browse the codex like 80% on my phone. Hardly see a difference. Actually, tbh I haven't noticed a diff beyond dev subforums apparently are gone now?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I moved the hosted RPG forums, such as the Iron Tower Studio forum and the Expeditions forum, into General RPG Discussion - turning them from separate forums into subforums. Now if somebody posts in them, everybody reading General RPG Discussion will see it.
This is a good move imo. I caught myself often neglecting good indie games because I'm too lazy to scroll down to the hosted RPG forums. Witcher 3 being visible in General RPG while Underrail and AoD are not was pretty weird.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
RPG Codex has the best forum layout of any of the ones I frequent, whether on desktop or mobile. Y'all need to appreciate what you have.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The reaction buttons rendering under each post are hogging mobile browsers.

These should be hidden in an accordion element, for mobile devices only, and the images shouldn't be loaded into the dom until the user opens the accordion.

Now then is when the codex layout will get my appreciation.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You have the opposite idea of how subforums work nowadays. Almost all subforums on the Codex are now in index forums, meaning everything in them is mirrored into the main forum they're located in. You can use them to drill down into a particular topic but they don't hide anything.

I moved the hosted RPG forums, such as the Iron Tower Studio forum and the Expeditions forum, into General RPG Discussion - turning them from separate forums into subforums. Now if somebody posts in them, everybody reading General RPG Discussion will see it.
Can you do the same for the workshop? ToEE subforum appears to be buried.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since we're making suggestions, I'd like to be able to use the fixed-width layout without fucking up the mobile site. Currently the fixed-width option makes the mobile site default to the desktop layout, so if you want fixed-width on PC and mobile on mobile you have to switch manually every time, which makes it enough of a hassle for me not to bother with it. It's a shame too, because fixed-width is a lot more comfortable to read.

PrettyDeadman

I literally can't say if anything has changed.
You should try better next time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have the opposite idea of how subforums work nowadays. Almost all subforums on the Codex are now in index forums, meaning everything in them is mirrored into the main forum they're located in. You can use them to drill down into a particular topic but they don't hide anything.

Do what with the Workshop? Turn it into an index forum so your ToEE subforum's threads appear in the main Workshop forum, or merge the Workshop (your subforum included) into GRPG also? I'm not sure I'm ready to do the latter.

Deleted Member 22431

troll_25.png

Where's the bulge? :rpgcodex:

existential_vacuum

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Do what with the Workshop? Turn it into an index forum so your ToEE subforum's threads appear in the main Workshop forum, or merge the Workshop (your subforum included) into GRPG also? I'm not sure I'm ready to do the latter.
The former.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom