Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
qAUhgB4.jpg

:shredder:
This league keeps delivering

Zdzisiu

Arcane
ice spear rework! bestest spell ever created
Yeah, it looks sensual now.

I wonder how well it will do numbers wise.

But then again, most skills can be made at least acceptable in the current game with enough investment.

Perkel

Arcane
Got back to POE.
Found nice chest with +1 to totems limit.
Idk what i happening but it seems like they buffed up uniques %chance.

Or is it poe newcomer/gettingbackpeople script ?

they-pull-me-back-in-image.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Man, this league is gut. Already got like 1k Chaos from delving and more exalts than I could get in previous 4 leagues combined.
Using bland Arc elementalist, I'm so busy with dungeon crawling I don't have time to test other builds. The [orbs] spice must flow!

I feel like this league is my only chance to get mirror, not that I hope to get any...

From neigbour megathread and other news - PS4 version is coming. No crossplay of course. Neither Xbawks have one.
And just like this one - they removed some stuff like grounds effects.

It a pity console versions get their dose of optimization while on PC PoE remain No1 GPU melter.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Delve is going to be part of the base game. The PS4 trailer contains Delve footage -- Aul footage even.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't enjoy Delve in the end. It is all the same after a while and map drops were bad. If you were unlucky and didn't run into cities barely any dropped and those were very low level. I was out of high level maps all the time and as a result I also progressed Devle slowly due to low gathering of Sulphite. Only when I got stuck around lvl 11/12 red tier map I managed to force myself to grind those until my Devle progressed from t7 maps to t12 and t13 so when I finally found cities they dropped useful maps.
I didn't have such problems in previous league because temple runs were 99% of the time your max level maps and you got plenty of new one from temple. I was able to access guardians without needing to buy any maps.
In Delve I also put a lot of time into it and could not get any Guardian maps to drop (and unlocked only 1 lvl 15) in about same or more playtime.

Gorn

Novice
I didn't enjoy Delve in the end. It is all the same after a while and map drops were bad. If you were unlucky and didn't run into cities barely any dropped and those were very low level. I was out of high level maps all the time and as a result I also progressed Devle slowly due to low gathering of Sulphite. Only when I got stuck around lvl 11/12 red tier map I managed to force myself to grind those until my Devle progressed from t7 maps to t12 and t13 so when I finally found cities they dropped useful maps.
I didn't have such problems in previous league because temple runs were 99% of the time your max level maps and you got plenty of new one from temple. I was able to access guardians without needing to buy any maps.
In Delve I also put a lot of time into it and could not get any Guardian maps to drop (and unlocked only 1 lvl 15) in about same or more playtime.

What builds did you do? Impressions (wrt how those fared for deep delving)?

ArchAngel

Arcane

What builds did you do? Impressions (wrt how those fared for deep delving)?
My starter build was Golemancer Elementalist. Took a while to collect enough currency to buy all needed uniques. Very fast build, I cleared maps and delve fairly fast and was pretty safe. Then as I started doing red maps I got rich fast and decided to make a bossing character that would be even more safe.
So I made a Blade Vortex CI Chieftain that maxed Strength and turned that into ES. Spent lots of currency on this guy. Got over 14 000 ES and lots of DPS. Character does not clear maps nearly as fast as the previous one. The problem is I never got to bossing part because of this stupid Delve and what I described in my last post.
Characters are lvl 93 and 92.

Perkel

Arcane
Actually they can fix it easily at least in stat sense.

- Half amount of monsters per map and packs shouldn't be bigger than 5-10 monsters (more stragglers less packs)
- Double or even triple monster HP (bosses HP is fine though)
- Reduce monster damage in half (leave bosses and rares out of this nerf)
- Buff damage by 50% single target melee skills and give ancestral call/splash 50% reduced damage
- Make bosses actually have way more % to drop something good than now

The whole other thing is melee combat need huge animation redesign.
Adding ragdolls also would be great.

I love how Wolcen(known earlier as umbra) basically 1ups everyone when it comes to melee combat and shows that GGG doesn't have anymore any excuse to not make combat actually feel good. Their previous excuse was that they are not big dev compared to Diablo and we accepted that but this was in 2012 not in fucking 2018.
Now Wolcen is done by amateurs with small team and combat looks like this:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
saw expansion. meh
Agreed. Just a mini dungeon with boss at the end looks like, just a slightly more elaborate vaal area.

Removing all the masters and replacing with leagues is fairly interesting though.

New skills are attack based ethereal knives and ice spear. Winter orb seems cool, but I guess it's a support gem and will not be good (nvm about support gem, still doubt it will be good). Banners/Brands might be cool, game needs more buttons/options to click that aren't your main dps skill.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't played since 3.0.0, but the reworked Masters alone are going to lure me back in. The Shadow of Mordor aspect is also interesting.

Perkel

Arcane
Removing all the masters and replacing with leagues is fairly interesting though.

New skills are attack based ethereal knives and ice spear. Winter orb seems cool, but I guess it's a support gem and will not be good. Banners/Brands might be cool, game needs more buttons/options to click that aren't your main dps skill.

Only thing really interesting about this is that it removes grinding of masters and replaces them with actual tasks.
So instead of lvl1-2-3-4-5-6 etc of master, for example Zana will give you task like reach tier 5 maps to have XYZ unlocked in crafting. Nico will say kill this boss or reach 100 delve to unlock stuff etc. Which is way better than just kill random mob 500 times.

Outside of that there is nothing.

ArchAngel

Arcane

New skills are attack based ethereal knives and ice spear. Winter orb seems cool, but I guess it's a support gem and will not be good. Banners/Brands might be cool, game needs more buttons/options to click that aren't your main dps skill.

Only thing really interesting about this is that it removes grinding of masters and replaces them with actual tasks.
So instead of lvl1-2-3-4-5-6 etc of master, for example Zana will give you task like reach tier 5 maps to have XYZ unlocked in crafting. Nico will say kill this boss or reach 100 delve to unlock stuff etc. Which is way better than just kill random mob 500 times.

Outside of that there is nothing.
I think it is interesting that now we get access to Delve, Bestiary (and improved) and Incursion at same time. It will feel much more fresh than what just Delve was.
Master rework is a huge plus and it is new content to explore as well.
And new league content might be lots of fun with memorable battles and cool loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom