Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Historical fantasy time travel RPG The Waylanders is now on Kickstarter

daveyd

Savant
As I said in the other thread, even if you like the pitch, I wouldn't trust this studio, considering how badly they've handled their first & still unfulfilled Kickstarter. Buy it on release which will realistically be somewhere between 2028 and never.

Last edited:

daveyd

Savant
The link Ark on Steam say their 1st game is out already~

Only the first three episodes of a planned four part episodic game. IIRC the first episode was already released before the KS even started (not on Steam though) but it was extremely rough back then & with a different voice actors and they supposedly have gone back and updated it since then. They apparently started working on AR-K in 2010 when the studio formed.

Physical rewards still haven't been sent either as they say the final episode won't be released until February of next year. DRM-free copies of the first three episodes haven't been distributed. That's why I think it's fair to call it unfulfilled.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Remember this mystery Dev?

Today we want to talk about our first stretch goal, and one of the most talented scriptwriters in videogame industry: Emily Grace Buck.

r_MG6RF0eIEZk4zNiRXwSFGIdh16i9JL18vjG9N-6ota3Wf31dIa5wFkHNKP_3V31g9oeqCN3tUNXNNGLGNcoJKU-vs82ic6EaNPR4WXu1tjSEuKZIWiplx7F0576eDWmVuSlr9OFm6PDQiIy1iTccZFidIadE6vSaazkZvz03VcK7uvsbUFur6TGoiRY97uqst6SCCXHkFdoy0cHYralRYIkGZUsuEOUWjfVoRL-GNF2c7QiedKr_ex0S_oH8BDh7YR36MUep3tGpq10aPS8iBkofwuoQos3wPZOKjNHQZj=s0-d-e1-ft

If we reach $200.000, Emily will actively collaborate in The Waylanders script!
She worked in Telltale Games until the sad new about the closure of the company, writing interesting plots for Batman: The Telltale Series, Batman: The Enemy Within, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

Now she is seeking new horizons to show her talent to the rest of the world. And we are really happy to say that she is interested in collaborate with us to make a great story to tell!

We recommend you to follow her on Twitter: @emilybuckshot

Twitter, eh? O.K...

Strongly leaning towards to withdrawing my pledge, unless there is a serious miracle in the future updates.

laclongquan

Arcane
The problem with those writers who do text in games is that they also have aspiration to publish novels.

Problem is: professional publishing environment in USA is rife with leftist people, and right-leaning will get leaned on hard. Citations about that is the circumstances surrounding Hugo voting for several years already.

So said writers always has to appear left-leaning or else... It's a professional requirement, unofficially.

So yeah, she might be one of those favored Trump. And she still has to avoid confessing that out loud or she will be buried in media~ Cest la vie~

Septaryeth

Augur
A long time ago I played a wuxia rpg that uses time travel, reincarnation AND parallel histories.
It wasn't too bad, in fact the plot was quite clever, but damn the dialogues suck balls and it's preachy as hell.

Meh, what could go wrong. Maybe a Western spin on it might turn out to be quite pleasant.

Oh...

Werewolves romance you said......

:0-13:

Septaryeth

Augur
The campaign still needs another 33% to reach its goal and there is only one week left.
I mean they are already making the game and the so called "stretch goal" writer is already on board with her twitter posts, updates and all.
AND I'm seeing their bloody ads everywhere, from my facebook feeds to that tiny box you called ads on the Codex (how much do these cost anyway?).

Do they really need a KS at the first place? It's not like they can just kick the newly hired off from the team if they fail it. That can't be legal, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom