Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Element Space - turn-based sci-fi tactical RPG

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I'm completely sick of that action cam effect already.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Early Access available November 12th.

“During Early Access players will be able to experience about the first half of the game.
When we first showed Element Space in Pax West 2018, we were simply amazed and overwhelmed by the incredible response from players there. Early Access is a way for you to enjoy Element: Space while are in the final stages of development.
With your support and feedback, we want to polish our first game!
A new Sci-Fi tactical RPG is coming and you will be a part of it.
By supporting us you will play a crucial part in the development of Element:Space while preparing yourself for the upcoming launch.”

“Our goal is to finalize the game and leave Early Access in Q1 2019.”

“The current version is about 50% of the full game which went through a long QA process. We don't expect you to have soft locks or critical issues in the game. If you encounter bugs we are committed to repair them along with our updates in schedule.
The full version of the game will include 24 handcrafted levels, each designed to provide a unique taylormade combat experiences. No procedural content.
The full version will include 12 to 15 hours of playtime per playthrough, but you will have to play the game many times to see the whole experience that 'Element Space' has to offer.

Early access is finding out what players would like to see more of, but here’s some of what you can expect:
  • +50% more content
  • High tier Weapons
  • Specific companions personal side missions
  • The big finale
  • High level skills and perks
  • Gameplay balance tuning
  • Hard Mode Balancing (extinction Mode ).

“Release Candidate Versión 0.0.34 . The game has all main characters,weapons,enemies until the middle of the game.”

“We want to thank all the people who are going to support us at the early state of the game, so the price for the Early Access version will be cheaper than for the full version. Additionally, the price for the full version will be different since it has more content to offer.”

“The game difficulty and balance is still being polished, and we need feedback about where to focus our efforts. Also, all valuable ideas can be suggested by the community, we will analyze and maybe bring it into the game. We will provide a survey for you to give us some specific information about feature points. We will require the community's help for that.”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://steamcommunity.com/games/887370/announcements/detail/1725336920261517967

Early Access (briefly) Delayed
10 NOVEMBER - LAILA

Hi everyone!
While enlisting Element: Space's Early Access Launch (set for November 12th), an unexpected matter came up (our app is on review queue!).
In the meantime, we're still working hard together with the QA, Dev and Marketing teams to make sure we provide you with the best game possible.
We do apologize for this incovenience.
We thank you for the comments, feedback and support we've been recieving about our first game at the events we've been part of and in our social networks.
Next week we will keep you updated on news (and of course a final Early Access date, which is right around the corner!).
Stay tuned!

Still not out, but I guess soon?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
9b7c255d66987d1c90c22fa3428cadedf60cb479.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/games/887370/announcements/detail/3409683856502245553

Today.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, that was weird release. Does not bode well for sales. Still very much so interested in this and would love some opinions on it.

EDIT: oh, it's early access. Weird, I thought it was coming as a full release.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
- In one mission there just came more waves of enemies. Seemed pretty unfair to me. Also one enemy drops mines to my covers and when I flee they explode. Don't know how to counter that and also seems unfair. Other enemies blind my chars and thus make them "useless" for 3 turns since they can't do antyhing than move in this time.
- A mission consists of several battles, mostly with increasing difficulty. When you mess up you can restart the mission but you have to do the "easy" battles again. An option to redo just the last fight is indispensable for me. Otherwise the punishment is way too hard for my taste and sucks the fun out of the game.

- Many special abilities like dragging enemies towards me etc.. I think its way more diverse and offers more tactical depth than X-Com where its mainly straight shooting.

- Battlefields are very varied and mostly nicely designed

Other than that the game appears pretty polished and bug free to me. I have a hard time deciding wether to recommend or not because of the "unfair" things I mentioned.

This review sold me. The game is polished, bug free, challenging, has great level design, and more tactical depth than nu-xcom.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027069819/recommended/887370/

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

kirin

Learned
Any good LPs yet? Early Access model always seems a bit doubtful for RPGs.

Jinn

Arcane
Is the faction system more like one where you choose a faction and play through the majority of the game with said faction, or more like freely playing between and off the other factions? If the gameplay is varied enough depending on which faction you choose and how differently your choices play out, I would gladly pick this up. The 20 hour length would be a bit of a turn-off if there isn't much variety in playthroughs, but if there is, and the seven factions really make a difference, that turns this into a HUGE game.

ERYFKRAD, have you gained any insight into this in your time with the game? Will definitely buy this now to support the developer if it really does have a lot of variety in playthroughs. Looks great. Would probably pick it up anyways as $ to gameplay hours ratio seems good regardless...

EDIT: Fuck it, bought it anyway. It's cheap as hell and has all the indications of be inclined. Still interested in your thoughts on the game though, ERYFKRAD. Especially since you can't be a barbarian in it. Or can you????

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
your time with the game?
Barely an hour and a half into it, but I like what I see. Combat is easy if you take time and play conservatively, but do that and the game lowers your score for the fight.
The levels are nice at least at the start, and the plot is okay, if not outright gripping.

Especially since you can't be a barbarian in it. Or can you?
I can charge and punch fuckers and do MMA-takedowns on them, good enough for me.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Bought it yesterday. Finished the first mission. Will continue when the game goes out of EA.

So far it looks more like a TB squad tactical strategy rather than a proper RPG. The combat is okay (NU XCOM style). The visual aesthetic (and the whole thing going on) reminds of ME.

The game is cheap now and I want to support the devs.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Bought it yesterday. Finished the first mission. Will continue when the game goes out of EA.

So far it looks more like a TB squad tactical strategy rather than a proper RPG. The combat is okay (NU XCOM style). The visual aesthetic (and the whole thing going on) reminds of ME.

The game is cheap now and I want to support the devs.

Same here. I hope they add one scene more to explain or background and edit some of the writing at the start, but I love the premise so far (and think the writing got a bit better?). I also like the idea of rewarding the player to finish the fight after a certain amount of rounds.That's so obvious, I'm baffled no one else did it before.

kirin

Learned
Any good LPs yet? Early Access model always seems a bit doubtful for RPGs.

Here's one:

Thanks but this one, apart from being unwatchable without muting, didn't answer key questions like, is there map exploration and a world to interact with items to find NPCs to talk to, or is it just battle to battle with visual novel segments in between? If the game is all about the battles, how much tactical depth is there to it? Are there consequences to how battles play out, or is all the C&C based on the chosen dialog options?

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Thanks but this one, apart from being unwatchable without muting, didn't answer key questions like, is there map exploration and a world to interact with items to find NPCs to talk to, or is it just battle to battle with visual novel segments in between?

I think I can answer that one: as far as I can see this is more a missionbased RPG. Like you said, you fight from battle to battle and do some Interaction with companions. I didn't play far, but I think the description of the game would suggest that.

Jinn

Arcane
Unfortunately had to request a refund. Just seems a little too rough right now for something that's supposed to be coming out in a few months. Will gladly grab it in the future if it looks like they smooth things out a little bit. Maybe I didn't give it enough chance, but I didn't want to go over two hours for something that really didn't hook me from the beginning.

Combat seems alright. I like the free movement, but the 2 AP system and fairly simplistic skills were pretty underwhelming for what is supposed to be a deep tactical experience. I did like the idea behind cover destruction, even though it always just seemed to be two hits to break it. Writing is pretty bad for something that is supposed to be a main draw for the game. I can tell it's partly because English probably isn't the writer's native language, but the dialogue is pretty...unfortunate. Likewise, the storyline didn't grip me really in the least. Seems pretty straightforward. I'm sure it get's more interesting later on because of faction interaction, but how much more interesting? Hard to say. Aesthetic presentation was mainly just kind of glossy and generic. Also, I thought exploration and free movement was going to have more of a presence in this than it seems to. It feels more just mission based, with limited exploration within the mission. For some reason I thought it was going to be a little more open, which was a big draw for me. Overall, everything seemed a little off at this stage.

Look forward to watching impressions here and hopefully being proven wrong about my initial feelings with this game. It does seem to have a fair amount of promise.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom