Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 20 Best Mobile Games

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't count unofficial emulations. That said I have most the Super Famicom RPGs (translated) and 143 arcade games from 80s/ 90s. I don't have many side scrolling platformers because they control poorly on touch screens. Brawlers with haptic feedback work pretty well.

The thing about my list of 20 is that it includes a wide variety. I only have one gatcha rpg, for example. Also 16 out of 20 can be played offline. Basically, while constructing the list, if a game in a particular category or subcategory got bested, it was thrown out. Great example of this was FFBE, which is a gatcha RPG, and got bested by Dx2.

Furthermore, most of the apps, games or otherwise are meant to be End Times proof. You can run a smart phone by fire, solar, handcrank, etc, but good luck getting internet connection. This is why I have over 300 each of the best games, songs, and books. Die rollers, PnP RPGs, 12 languages, music makers, art makers, world maps, survival guides, and math and science textbooks on my phone.

I call it...

APOCALYPSE PHONE

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Alphabetical order. Asterisk for online only.

Aliens vs Pinball 5/5
Ancient Bricks 5/5
AQ3D 4/5*
Beyond Oasis 5/5
D×2 SMT 5/5*
Dungeons of Chaos 5/5
Evil Factory 5/5
Exiled Kingdoms 5/5
HC: Takedown 4/5
Inotia4 4/5*
Lapse 5/5
Magic Rampage 5/5
Phantasy Star 2 5/5
Prizefighters 4/5
Redungeon 4/5
Remixed Pixel Dungeon 4/5
Rider 5/5
Snoopy Pop 4/5
Space Pioneer 5/5*
The Dark Book 5/5

Great games. Many with great RPG mechanics.

You forgot Diablo Immortal!:smug:

That be coming soon.

And their hands turned to blood as they swiped like they never swiped before to slay the demons. Their eye squinted trying to focus as their heads began to ache. What you say... you don’t have phone? Ah, all is lost. Buy a smart phone today with that special diablo immortal case. You won’t just be paying.. you will be slaying.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A monthly reminder that King of the Dragon Pass is orignally an iOS game, like it's spiritual successor, Six Ages.

Arthandas

Liturgist
I'm sorry but what the fuck is this shit doing in crpg subforum?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom