Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So Myrthos bought a 5000 pledge and sharing with fellow watchers?

Don't think so, at least I never saw any mention of this, I'm guessing it is just a token of appreciation from Ceres for all the support they've had from the Watch (well, apart from the Copper Coin threads) :shittydog:
No, he clearly stated they had a private society in game,if its not him someone in the watch bought that pledge.

Perhaps you're right, although the only discussion about the $5k pledge I saw over there was speculation about 'friends of the devs' doing it :M

Meanwhile in the thread about this NPC stuff people are talking about it being a promotion, which I guess it is as it's bringing dedicated Watchers like this guy out of the woodwork

:troll:

Neither the Codex nor the Watch paid anything for their guildhouses.

Yes, the Codex gets one too!

From the KidneyQuest thread:

Peter Ohlmann of Ceres Games would also like to help. If we pass $3,000 he's throwing in a Codex guildhouse into his upcoming game. And if we pass $3,500, that guildhouse will have 10 named NPCs chosen by (or named after) the top 10 donors.

Mortmal

Arcane

Don't think so, at least I never saw any mention of this, I'm guessing it is just a token of appreciation from Ceres for all the support they've had from the Watch (well, apart from the Copper Coin threads) :shittydog:
No, he clearly stated they had a private society in game,if its not him someone in the watch bought that pledge.

Perhaps you're right, although the only discussion about the $5k pledge I saw over there was speculation about 'friends of the devs' doing it :M

Meanwhile in the thread about this NPC stuff people are talking about it being a promotion, which I guess it is as it's bringing dedicated Watchers like this guy out of the woodwork

Peter Ohlmann of Ceres Games would also like to help. If we pass $3,000 he's throwing in a Codex guildhouse into his upcoming game. And if we pass $3,500, that guildhouse will have 10 named NPCs chosen by (or named after) the top 10 donors.
That.. that means thesheeep went to beg at the watch, lost his honor, for nothing :)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

That.. that means thesheeep went to beg at the watch, lost his honor, for nothing :)
Eh?
Why would I not do that? All of us who are somewhat regular posters at the Watch should do that. Imagine how funny it would be if a number of names in the Watch guildhouse would be Codexers :lol:
Or if fluent went ahead and donated 100$ or so to Kidney Quest and would appear in the Codex guildhouse.

Mortmal

Arcane

Eh?
Are you talking about me entering the raffle for appearing the the RPGWatch guild house?
Why would I not do that? All of us who are somewhat regular posters at the Watch should do that. Imagine how funny it would be if a number of names in the Watch guildhouse would be Codexers :lol:
Or if fluent went ahead and donated 100$ or so to Kidney Quest and would appear in the Codex guildhouse.
Just joking, but yes indeed it could give formidable roleplay and quest opportunities.

Deleted Member 16721

I can't believe a KS got this much funding already while showing so little. That gameplay combat demo is too slow, just like one of the many problems I had with Demons Age, and all they've shown is a few screenshots with huge paragraphs of text saying things but not showing. I honestly doubt we'll even see a game from this but stranger things have happened.

It's supposed to have reactivity like Arcanum, dialogue deeper than Planescape: Torment, etc., so why not show some of this in a video or something? Minute to minute gameplay would be nice. They dropped so many names in that pitch it's mindboggling, and I've seen nothing like it so far.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Even raising the minimum amount is fine, 100,000€ buys you a lot of roots.

Yeah, I have no doubt that the funding goal will go a long way. :)

If the devs were here in Australia, I'd be a bit more concerned. The cost of roots are quite high here.
Do not worry, they live in Weimar Germany, where a single € can be converted into God knows how many billions of Papiermarks.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Voiceover for every supported languages? I think they ticked them wrong?

Not a mistake. The game will have no voice acting except for grunts, screams, laughter, etc, which work the same in every language.

Untitled.png

Ysaye

Arbiter
Well I am still not sure about this game but I have decided to back this anyway!
Now I guess I watch to see if it goes the way of other projects I have backed (or tried to back) previously (BT4, Underworld Ascendant, Wizard of Legend, Warlock on Firetale Mountain, and also the Seven Dragon Saga and Shrine of Orm attempts :negative:....) or even if it make the mark.....

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Finally backed it.

To be fair, what we've seen of Realms Beyond looks much further ahead and polished than what Underworld Ascendant looked like during its kickstarter, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Just 5000 euros till they reach their goal.

I'm upping my pledge to 70 euros, which is $105 Canadian.

Guess I'll avoid buying anything in 2019 and get to work on clearing my gaming backlog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom