Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Okagron

Prophet
Gotta love the fact Bethesda claimed that Fallout 76 is all about rebuilding civizilation, but apparently launching nukes somehow contributes to this. The stupidity is just too much.

And you can just feel the desperation with Bethesda basically paying famous streamers to stream their game to get people to buy it.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Guys please help. Every you tuber is pointing out that this game is a buggy mess, the world is empty m/soulless, the quests are boring af that the PC port is the biggest joke since Trump got elected. I need a YouTuber who actually positive about the game because all the other ones must be wrong. They’ve only had 10 hours to play the game so they can’t have an accurate assessment yet.

^ BGS fanboy. They never change. The difference from TES4 is that when it came out the only ones who could post reviews were gaming journalists who ignored the myriad design flaws. Everyone else had to just post on forums. Now reviewing has been democratised so BGS can’t get away with the bullshit of relying on the media to cover for them and the fanboys hate it.

Friday.13

Educated
Well, they do change their direction from time to time.
From Fo3's "Fo3 have better story/atmosphere than NV.", to Fo4's "You played for less than 10 hours you haven't played enough to criticize it./You played more than 70 hours so you must actually like it.", to Fo76's "It's just a Beta./Bethesda already told everyone it will be very buggy at release./You are not forced to buy this game so stop criticize it.".
They will always find some new ways to defend their beloved bethesda overlords, just their defenses are often quite uncreative though.
Guess Bethesda and their fans all suffer from the creative bankruptcy.

ZeniBot

Cipher
Dissent is growing though. I doubt they can keep towing that line forever but it is unfortunate that this has been going on now for 10+ years. I really hope that this is the beginning of the end for Bethesda, there's no more CBS covering their asses this time kinda helps when the only thing preventing people saying shit about you gets metooed so I'll be interested to see the effect that's going to have on games journalism. I suspect that we're going to see universal shitting on the game which is a sign that possibly the end is in sight. The service end of this product is going to shit itself we're already seeing that even now it'll be multiplied by 100x when the full consumer base ends up on their service, think TOR at launch. There's going to be cheaters running rampant.

Fans can defend as much as they fucking want, they're going to look pretty fucking stupid when their beloved game gets error 37ed and is rendered unplayable for weeks to even months depending on how incompetent Bethesda handles it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It will be Free-To-Play in a few months after launch and Bethseda will fuck over everyone who bought the game.
And the fanbois will greet it with a big grin and clenched buttocks.
Most definitely. Most Bethesda fangoys suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. They will justify and defend Bethesda for fucking over everyone over with F76. God damn them and God have mercy on their souls. In other words. Fuck em

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Are there thorough good solid reviews of each Bethesda game pointing out the pros and cons and absolute annoying shit? I know that’s quite a few games if you go through the entire list. And for PC we are talking vanilla installs right; not nodded to fix the game and add additional content?

That nuke; carry disappointing. I expected a crater and twisted melted mess and deveststion in a particular radius. Glory sky, radiated drops and instant mutants.. meh!

Just looking at a random thread on the Bikini Atoll coral reef shows some damage and there’s pics of other nuclear testing.

opplowshare-3-360.jpg

islands-979x576.png.CROP.cq5dam_web_1280_1280_png.png

8_Bomb_Craters.jpg

Pretty sure that’s what players want and worse.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

You all forget the Pete Hines defence
"not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls"
Pete_Hines.jpg
CUNT

DeepOcean

Arcane
Oh Bethesda, I was thinking an alternate area would spawn where the nuke hit but it turns out I underestimated Todd's laziness, it is just a pallete change with bullet sponges spawning in it.:lol:

Cael

Arcane
You all forget the Pete Hines defence
"not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls"
Pete_Hines.jpg
CUNT
That is one eminently punchable face...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom