Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Extended version of the video showed at the stream.

What's this description?

A not from all of us here at Obsidian on becoming a part of the Microsoft family.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How will this affect Outer Worlds?

Other than it almost definitely coming to Xbox (and I assume that was planned anyway), I doubt much changes... whatever publishing contract they already had should remain in effect.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How will this affect Outer Worlds?

There will be more squares.

Fixed.

windows-logo-alesiamjau.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Having a hard time getting my head around the business logic here. Microsoft must not be paying very much.
Its easy to understand, buying competition for cheap to disband it later. You could say they are not much of a competition but when you were playing those pc games you were not buying any Xbox ones.Obsidian will focus on AAA southpark games until people are fed up of it and then they will disappear like bioware.Quote my post in a few years , so people can see i am a prophet.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Fargo's video on the acquisition was a lot shorter and lower quality (visually) than the Obsidian presentation, showed more footage from Microsoft games than from inXile games, and appears to have been shot on his living room couch. Was this deal only closed last minute?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
I fail to see how this is anything but an overall improvement, and I'm a linux user that hates Microsoft. Both companies were ran by incompetent upper management and being destroyed with bad business decisions. This is probably the best possible outcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom