Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Good PC gaming news sites?

Doubt they even exist at this point, but even something halfway decent would do the trick. RPS was alright for that kind of thing a couple of years ago, before they went full retard. So yeah, if you know any, please share.

Puukko

Arcane
Don't exist. The vast majority are infested with leftard faggotry. Game journalists are the bottom of the barrel in journalism, which is an occupation that's already completely untrustworthy.

Mustawd

Infinitron only posts news he cares about. Before his excuse was “well im the only one of the mods posting news. Any other mod could post stuff too...hurr durr”

Not sure what his excuse is now. He’s site admin/editor now.

Honestly, you know what time it is, I’d say codex and rpgwatch get you like 90% of most gaming news.

The Watch sucks as a discussion forum, but their news posting is quite robust.

https://www.bluesnews.com/ is a good one, but it's all video games, pc AND consoles. Also it's an aggregator, but for news, that's the best kind of site.

The author seems like a nice, polite guy, so that might trigger some of you who are more unstable, but otherwise, its a good site.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I know pcgamesN does proper journalistic job, i.e. reaches out to all participants of a conflict, etc. When I was smeared in the news, they were the only one who reached out to me and got both sides of the story. Others are just such trash I don't even.

But I don't read pcgamesN, so I don't know how SJW-oriented they are. You could check it out yourself if you want.

Edit: oh yeah, RPShit reached out to me, only to then smear me anyway, disregarding all proofs that I provided.

Edit2: personally I read gamasutra. They have web 1.0 design, which is a pain to look at. But they post most of the news on time.

RolePlayer

Augur
forums: rpgcodex.net (only non publisher controlled gaming discussion on the web which is saying something)
reviews: steam user reviews (but make sure to actually click and read them -- give more weight to players with the most hour investment who are critical of the game)

Gambler

Augur
There are none, as far as I know. The industry of game reviewing wasn't amazing even a decade ago, and it completely imploded over the last 10 years. In large part it's because you can't get any visitors simply by publishing good content anymore. Google fucked that up. These days you need to keep "social media presence", i.e. constantly spam clickbait garbage hoping someone will retweet/share/repost it. This takes way too much energy and there are currently no other ways of getting new traffic. Well, unless you take a chunk of users from an already establishes website.

These days I just check GOG every weekend. They mostly filter out complete shovelware, their descriptions are decent, and user reviews are pretty good. I can open their feed, see what's new, and focus on the titles I find interesting.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I used to read DSOgaming, but the problem is that having a constant stream of "hardcore" (i.e. not Battle Royale trash etc.) news for the PC gaming scene means you really have to push yourself to find material, so half the time the articles were just about 4k texture mods and such. These days I'll usually pick up anything noteworthy just by briefly browsing the codex, /v/ and youtube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom