Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Kidney Quest: A point-and-click fundraiser where you need to save Steve The Developer - UPDATE

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm still waiting as well. I'm guessing DU is still working his way through the list.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Look. Get me to the Polish-German border, find me a backpacker, a public restroom, and a cooler with ice and I'll have a kidney for you.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Look. Get me to the Polish-German border, find me a backpacker, a public restroom, and a cooler with ice and I'll have a kidney for you.

At first thought, I mused, "I don't want a dirty backpackers kidney...." but then I remembered than my last kidney legit came from a heroin user.

True story: when they called me to offer the kidney, they told me that they had to disclose that it came from a "high risk" person. They can offer these, and they test them to make sure they are free from disease (and of course damage), but they have to tell the recipient. You can deny these offers, but you're basically a fool if you do. Their screening processes are amazing these days, but they warn you that you might develop some rare form of like hepatitis C or something. Anyway, my last kidney came from a young man who overdosed. He wasn't an organ donor - his parents agreed to donate his organs when he was declared braindead and on a respirator.

It often makes me think of the fact that what was one of the best and most miraculous days of my life, it was the worst day in the life of other people. I gotta keep that in mind when people say something like, "God gave you a gift...". I wonder what God gave that other family.

Sorry, got metaphysical there. But that shit haunts you as a recipient of a donated kidney. Life is friggin' crazy.

Bt

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It often makes me think of the fact that what was one of the best and most miraculous days of my life, it was the worst day in the life of other people. I gotta keep that in mind when people say something like, "God gave you a gift...". I wonder what God gave that other family.
i cant say for them, but if it was me, i would be a little consolation knowing whats left of me can be a help for others. I am not a parent, so i cannot say if it was my child, but my prediction is the same.

I am not religious, and i absolutely dont care what happened to my body after death,but if it can be of use to someone, I sure would sign up for it. I am planning to be an organ donor anyway.

sser

Arcane
Developer

At first thought, I mused, "I don't want a dirty backpackers kidney...." but then I remembered than my last kidney legit came from a heroin user.

True story: when they called me to offer the kidney, they told me that they had to disclose that it came from a "high risk" person. They can offer these, and they test them to make sure they are free from disease (and of course damage), but they have to tell the recipient. You can deny these offers, but you're basically a fool if you do. Their screening processes are amazing these days, but they warn you that you might develop some rare form of like hepatitis C or something. Anyway, my last kidney came from a young man who overdosed. He wasn't an organ donor - his parents agreed to donate his organs when he was declared braindead and on a respirator.

Sorry, got metaphysical there. But that shit haunts you as a recipient of a donated kidney. Life is friggin' crazy.

Bt

As long as you don't get an organ and then die doing a buck eighty running from the cops I think it's all good.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey,

I donated but I am not showing up on the table... I don't mind not showing up, but I do want to make sure you got the money (PayPal charged me ;-) )

Yeah I am still waiting as well

Me three.
Me 4

I donated before the hype in early october still not showing on the list. Maybe DarkUnderlord can answer why?
I'm still waiting as well. I'm guessing DU is still working his way through the list.
our money has been siphoned off into an emu defence fund
maybe the emus can wipe the Australians this time
I've donated on October 21st and I'm not on the list either. I've PMed DarkUnderlord about it on November 2nd but he just ignored me. Is it time to call the police FBI yet?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Or a craving for human flesh?
Asking for a friend.

Haha, well - no huge personality changes, really. They put you on a lifetime dose of prednisone, a steroidal drug, and that can make you moody sometimes (among 7,000 other side effects). No cravings for human flesh, hah, so that friend better stop trying to eat "pork" rinds.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
DarkUnderlord
Just FYI, my second donation from 19th of October is still not visible. I hope the money reached the fundraiser (and not only because I want my potato) instead of vanishing in some Paypal moneybag.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey,

I donated but I am not showing up on the table... I don't mind not showing up, but I do want to make sure you got the money (PayPal charged me ;-) )

Yeah I am still waiting as well

Me three.
Me 4

I donated before the hype in early october still not showing on the list. Maybe DarkUnderlord can answer why?
maybe the emus can wipe the Australians this time
I've donated on October 21st and I'm not on the list either. I've PMed DarkUnderlord about it on November 2nd but he just ignored me. Is it time to call the police FBI yet?

(almost) same here:
donated on the Oct. 20th; PM'd on Nov the 1th.

so does this confirm DarkUnderlord is ded. can we have his kidney?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

9JXOoU4.gif

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So of 153 payments reviewed, it's those made between 14 Oct to 29 Oct that failed to be recorded by the Codex (all are sitting in PayPal).

In total, 61 payments failed to be recorded. I've just gone through and manually added those. This has added $1,033.04 to Steve's Kidney campaign.

Anyone who donated, check to see if your donation is now there. If not, PM me with the date, amount, and PayPal transaction ID and I can look into it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yeah, it's checked out properly now, too bad about those emu defence fund and kremlin siege tho. we can do anotehr fundraiser after steve got his kidneys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom