Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Lhynn

Arcane
Armor shouldnt increase with enemy level, it should be fixed across all levels, because the benefit it grants is already a fixed % of damage resistance.

Anyway, in fortuna arca plasmor is garbo. the open spaces make it not matter anymore. I was seeing everyone using it lately so i dont mind it getting nerfed, but meh.

Sore Loser dude, get ignis wraith, its amazing for almost all content, its the fastest armor striping AoE in the game and rivens matter fuck all because its already good enough to melt anything below level 60. Its my go to weapon if im doing any endless because it clears crowds so easily, never runs out of ammo and actually provides some cc.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is kinda fun. Even besides the combat, there's quite a bit to like about it even just from the way it structures its MMO sort of thing on the player's end (short version, Warframe is the most alt friendly game around, even though it's "alts" in Warframe since you just swap your shit freely).

Lhynn

Arcane
Edit: one aoe weapon I forgot about is Lenz, which is fun to use of course, but I would say it is not that effective because of self-damage and delay before explosion, also it scales worse than others.
Ivara with concentrated arrow.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
is this gaem fun?

Well, it depends.

It really helps to already have friends on the inside who can boost you up rather than having to depend on the hoi polloi because the average Warframe player is not the most intelligent person. Also, do you enjoy meticulously grinding for things and waiting days for stuff? If not, you may not have a very good time here. While we are on the subject of grind it's important to remember that WF's grind is a bit different from a lot of games which include grinding. In most other games you grind to become powerful, but Warframe is an easy game and in just a few mastery ranks you'll have access to some nice goodies to smooth out the bumps. Once you reach that golden zone it's not about power anymore, but completion, mastering every weapon, every frame, every pet, everything just so you can see your MR go up even higher. You don't grind in Warframe to get good, you grind, so that you can grind, so that you can grind, so that you can...

If that's your idea of fun, then yes, it is much fun.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well the grind itself is kind of peculiar. Unlike most online games where you have extremely long term goals (only comparable in Warframe is the Focus I suppose, and even that is way lenient than usual MMO walls), Warframe instead stages many of your goals into small easily accessible steps and otherwise gates around reasonable playtimes rather than insane playtimes. You aren't waiting weeks or months to reach some goal, you generally are constantly reaching small goals (whether it's adding new forma, leveling new weapons, or new warframes). It makes Warframe a lot more rewarding as an experience than norm. But yea, it can burn you out if the core gameplay loop (which is 90% of the game) of killing everything starts to bug you. (They're also helluva lot more pleasant about angling for your cash compared to usual underhanded tricks and gimping players endure)

PS: You forgot Warframe is also about the fashion. It isn't just about the power, you also gotta have the most swagger.
lenz + limbo. even if you screw up, you're just 1 button press away from being totally safe.
Yes, yes, or you can go to operator mode or use wukong; still it is a weapon that i've used mostly for fun, not when I wanted to be done with a mission fast enough. Though it also depends on a mission of course, I remember it was pretty nice on hydron because the map is small and aoe works through walls.
Or use Nezha, since Nezha's shield is also top end tanking nowadays (the only thing I've been one-shot by so far is a damage enhance modifier lvl 100 Kela de Thaym's missile and mine attacks), Nezha's also overall more flexible than Wukong even if Wukong is still the best tank and Spy (also best at using Lenz and Angstrum due to being able to avoid kamikaze accidents). There's a lot of ways to tank in Warframe nowadays. Frost's bubble is also preferable to Limbo's I'd say because it's much less disruptive to getting damage out and involves less fuckery.

Gerrard

Arcane
I can't believe how much the grinding on the boards sucks. Fucking Tony Hawk had this shit down NINETEEN YEARS AGO.

Vaarna_Aarne

Hey, Rockstar still has combat that feels like desperately steering a drunken elephant, so I suppose things are tough all over.

(But really, I'd be surprised if more than a few people worked on the board, it smells like someone's silly passion project than a seriously thought out addition)

Wild Slop

Arcane
I dont think ive ever seen anyone using Azima, etc.
:racist: I use the Azima

am i the only one who thinks that this electronic oompa loompa rebellion is retarded and absolutely out of place and tone in warframe?
It's so saturated already to think of what people will think of it a month from now, let alone longer...
Less is more as they say.

An inside source shared an alternate version of the song which equally is stimulating:
1 the number that comes first
2 the number that comes next
3 the number that comes after
4 the number that comes next

And we all count, yes we all count
together, forever

5 the number that comes after
6 the number that comes next
7 the number that comes after

And we all count, yes we all count
together, forever

8 the number that comes next
9 the number that comes after
I hope we can get it on the cd.

Vaarna_Aarne

One thing I still wish they had was letting you have private instances of the hub areas, since it sort of looks silly when you have the place crawling with Tenno outnumbering the NPCs (many of them in a pile around Eudico).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It just ain't what it used to be. Time was you went to Larunda to see and be seen while having ERPs in the syndicate rooms or engaged in intelligent discussion on Warframe butts. PoE style hubs ruined that forever.

Lhynn

Arcane
:shredder:
scoliac.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Forget aboot the twitch streams. Not only are multitwitchers out, they also changed it to only reward ONCE per hour it seems.
I had it open for some 4+ hours in the background and all I got was 4 mails.

Content: 1 x fireworks and 3 x 7500 credits.

:outrage:

Vaarna_Aarne

Or use Nezha, since Nezha's shield is also top end tanking nowadays
Nezha basically replaced inaros for me, he is almost as tanky, very fast and can increase damage you do to enemies if you hit them with chakram. His deluxe skin is also pretty good, but a bit too busy with details. I prefer to kill mostly with weapons, not warframe abilities, so he is really good for me. Though I still take inaros to energy reduction sorties.
Nezha's deluxe skin is probably my favourite look in all of Warframe, that alone makes him my new main and the rework making him extremely viable is a cherry on top. I too dislike outward damage abilities (since most of them like Ember's and Banshee's are really just "skip content" buttons to me), and as a melee guy I tend to be in good spot to use the chakram when necessary. Firewalker and Divine Spears aren't bad either, very strong CC. Really a pity melee is currently stuck with having movement disabled with most attacks, since I melee 90% of the time and it's a change that makes absolutely no sense (it's sort of like anyone suggesting Devil May Cry style long combos to Warframe, this is a Dynasty Warriors sort of horde fighter not a game where you can have one-on-ones with tougher enemies, baseline expectation is that everything dies in 1 or 2 hits).

A particular noteworthy quality about Nezha's tanking is that Nezha's the only frame that's got immunity to magnetic procs when its shield power is up.

Arnust

Savant
From the twitch drops I got Khora-....'s head cosmetic. Fuck me, I've had them running all day long! At this pace it's gonna be actually easier to farm for them normally.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom