Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain and Boyarsky stream Fallout

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My wife was appalled when I told her she has to click on the weapon UI every time she wants to shoot at something.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My wife was appalled when I told her she has to click on the weapon UI every time she wants to shoot at something.

If only you had played Fallout with her before getting hitched...
We made a deal - I'll play hotseat HoMM3 with her, and she will try the first Fallouts. She is already a fan of Underrail, so I told her Fallout is the original inspiration for it.

Can you not cycle through cursor modes by right clicks in FO1?
Hmm, I never thought I could cycle between walk and attack modes, only between walk and examine modes!

AwesomeButton

Patron
Psh, just press A. 90s games were all about keyboard shortcut efficiency.
This occurred to me too, but mashing A each turn is very little better than clicking a button each turn.

Cael

Arcane

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Press F1 before doing any action until you've memorized all the (important) shortcuts and most problems with the interface go away.
Not an uncommon "feature" for games of that time really.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Press F1 before doing any action until you've memorized all the (important) shortcuts and most problems with the interface goes away.
Not an uncommon "feature" for games of that time really.
Fondly remembers Planet's Edge, where you can't orbit the first planet in a system unless you press "o". The point and click order to orbit doesn't work on the first planet. It always takes you to the nearest non-first planet.

The kicker? You NEED to orbit first planets to complete the game...

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The most intradasting bit was when Tim said that he had written some design for his own Fallout sequel and that he had hidden that draft in a drawer somewhere. That was probably already known but I had forgotten.

Would be interesting to compare that with Van Buren.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also a bit later in the video they said that their plan for Fallout 2 was simultaneous combat instead of TB... probably same shit that Arcanum got.. thank God they left Fallout 2 in more capable hands..

So here's a question: has the recent shame of what happened to Paul Neurath and Warren Spector with Ascendant impacted your expectations for the Cain/Boyarski space RPG?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Oh SHIT. I just watched it and Tim is so extremely bad at playing his own game, you have to wonder if he's gone senile and how can a person who's this bad at playing can make games? What the fuck is going on there? Or has he always been like this?

Danikas

Arcane
Oh SHIT. I just watched it and Tim is so extremely bad at playing his own game, you have to wonder if he's gone senile and how can a person who's this bad at playing can make games? What the fuck is going on there? Or has he always been like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom