Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Is the sniper rifle animation back in? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.
I just watched a playthrough of the Miami mission and the guy playing took out a sniper rifle out of the case fully assembled so no, no animation for it. It may be for other sniper rifles, but I doubt it.
Placeholder animation my ass. How did they fuck this up so badly?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I just watched a playthrough of the Miami mission and the guy playing took out a sniper rifle out of the case fully assembled so no, no animation for it. It may be for other sniper rifles, but I doubt it.
I didn't say it was a placeholder.
I wanted to say that perhaps other sniper rifles have an assemble/disassemble animation but, again I seriously doubt it.
As for how they fucked it up? Well, simple. They didn't even bother to make an animation. The briefcase is simply a container and a weapon/throwable. At least it's back.
Now we're gonna jump for joy everytime they bring something back from BM, features that were in, were removed, now reintroduced gradually instead of all at once. They shouldn't have removed them in the first place.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Hitman 2 has 4 snipers IIRC and each of them have like 3 or 4 variants too. I'd say that there are a variety of reasons as to why. Watching a 10 second animation to take one shot, then watching another 10 second animation once you are done is also annoying as hell. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of "muh immershun" for that. The briefcase animation also caused some weird bugs in Contracts.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I didn't say it was a placeholder.
I wanted to say that perhaps other sniper rifles have an assemble/disassemble animation but, again I seriously doubt it.
As for how they fucked it up? Well, simple. They didn't even bother to make an animation. The briefcase is simply a container and a weapon/throwable. At least it's back.
Now we're gonna jump for joy everytime they bring something back from BM, features that were in, were removed, now reintroduced gradually instead of all at once. They shouldn't have removed them in the first place.
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that it was probably a placeholder animation, which turns out to be complete bullshit.

Oh well back to blood money. Fuck this piece of shit game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Hitman 2’s Denuvo DRM cracked days before the game’s release

But recent Denuvo variants can often ward off pirates for months.
Kyle Orland - 11/12/2018, 5:53 PM

Over the years, we at Ars have watched with interest as anti-piracy technology Denuvo has progressed from the seemingly unbeatable scourge of the cracking scene to a trivial security measure routinely defeated within a day of a game's release. But Denuvo protection wasn't even able to provide a few hours of security for this week's official launch of Hitman 2, which has seen its DRM cracked days before the official release.

The early crack, released on November 10, was made possible by publisher Warner Bros.'s decision to make Hitman 2 available on November 9 to those who preordered the game—four days before the official street date of November 13. The quick crack also comes despite Hitman 2's use of a brand-new "version 5.3" variant of Denuvo, the latest in a long line of changes intended to thwart the cracking community.

Hitman 2's DRM situation mirrors that of Final Fantasy XV's March release on PC. In that case, the preloading of unencrypted game executable via Origin let crackers remove Denuvo protection four days before the game's launch date.

The quick cracking of Hitman 2 comes shortly after the Denuvo protection for both Soul Calibur 6 and Football Manager 2019 were publicly cracked four days after their respective releases. Prior to those games, recent versions of Denuvo had generally provided a longer window between release and cracking. Mega Man 11 and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey were both available for over a month before being cracked, for instance, while both Jurassic World Evolution and Puyo Puyo Tetris enjoyed three months of Denuvo-protected sales after their releases earlier this year.

The length of that crack-free window is important, because publishers who buy Denuvo's protection are paying to ensure legitimate sales are the only way to play a new game "during the crucial initial sales window when most of the sales are made," as a company spokesperson put it to Ars last year. Denuvo owner Irdeto echoed that sentiment in a press release last week that "the most critical part of the release cycle is the first 14 days as the majority of activations occur during this period. For highly anticipated titles, this could include up to 80% of sales, 50% of which are within the first four days."

The Hitman 2 cracking comes months after the July criminal complaint against Voksi, a Bulgarian cracker responsible for breaking Denuvo protections in many titles. Since then, the Denuvo cracking scene has been joined by a new group called FCKDRM, which seems to take its name and logo from that of GOG's recent anti-DRM public relations campaign.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Infinitron That was a really retarded thing to remove with the FCKDRM release screenshot. I wasn't posting a magnet link, a link to a torrent file download or even the site where that screenshot was taken from. There's literally nothing legally questionable there, I'd understand if I posted a link to a torrent site but you're really taking it one step too far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/9vwd44/hitman2fckdrm/

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, I was the one that said it might have been a placeholder animation. I was making an assumption for a game that was like 4 months away from release.
I don't really give a shit and you can have your reasons and all, but aren't you sperging out a bit too hard over a single animation? Hitman 2016 and 2 are a lot more faster paced than Hitman BM so two 6 second animations each time you want to take a single shot don't really make sense with the style of the game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Dr4ZY6uXQAALHqY.jpg:large

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Both are edited, first tweet was done by IOI themselves. I don't think 47 has ever smiled in the entire franchise.

Niklasgunner

Savant
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that it was probably a placeholder animation, which turns out to be complete bullshit.

Imagine being autistic enough to care this much about an assemble animation
Even with lacking features from BM both Hitman 2016 and 2018 are better games, fuck you dumb nerds :positive:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
glad we agree Blood Money is the superior game.
Yeah all of Blood Money's great mechanics like being able to genocide the entire map by pushing them off of railings and still get silent assassin, AI awkwardly looking at you whenever you go past them and having to pull out your gun to knock people out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Niklasgunner

Savant
Ghost MP mode is definitely a better addition to the game than contracts, can't wait to see that mode on other levels like Sapienza

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah all of Blood Money's great mechanics like being able to genocide the entire map by pushing them off of railings and still get silent assassin, AI awkwardly looking at you whenever you go past them and having to pull out your gun to knock people out.
You can't get SA if you kill everyone. You can get professional at best if you do it without blowing your cover.
And if the NPCs look at you so what? They could have improved the game instead of butchering it, adding and repairing instead of removing. Call me autistic all you eant, what I know is that a sequel is supposed to improve over the previous game not take out/remove/replace stuff.

One of the best things I liked when I played games when I was a kid was that sweet continuity between sequels, for example in SC 1 they theach you how to disarm wall mines, bypass keypads, bypass eye scanners, use turret IFFs against enemies etc. and you could use that in SC 2 and e without needing a tutorial for it, you go "oh I remember how to do this".
And don't get me started on that heat seeking throwable briefcase. They could have taken BM and just fix/add to it, not remove.
FFS, SA had 21 missions, BM had 11, this one has 6.

waterdeep

Learned
You can't get SA if you kill everyone. You can get professional at best if you do it without blowing your cover.
And if the NPCs look at you so what? They could have improved the game instead of butchering it, adding and repairing instead of removing. Call me autistic all you eant, what I know is that a sequel is supposed to improve over the previous game not take out/remove/replace stuff.

One of the best things I liked when I played games when I was a kid was that sweet continuity between sequels, for example in SC 1 they theach you how to disarm wall mines, bypass keypads, bypass eye scanners, use turret IFFs against enemies etc. and you could use that in SC 2 and e without needing a tutorial for it, you go "oh I remember how to do this".
And don't get me started on that heat seeking throwable briefcase. They could have taken BM and just fix/add to it, not remove.
FFS, SA had 21 missions, BM had 11, this one has 6.
Do you have any worthwhile criticism for Hitman 2016 and 2018 or are you gonna keep going on about the flying briefcase and the missions? The missions are vastly bigger in the newer ones and are designed as a "toy box" world with replayability mainly in focus, unlike the filler shit in SA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom