Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #14: Funded! Kai Rosenkranz and Monk Class Stretch Goals

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ceres Games; Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

As expected, the Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign reached its funding goal today, with three days left to go. With nothing to lose, Ceres have revealed two additional stretch goals. The first goal should be particularly exciting for the Euro-connoisseurs among us. If the campaign manages to raise €120,000, famed Piranha Bytes composer Kai Rosenkranz will contribute three tracks to Realms Beyond's soundtrack. The second one is more traditional. At €140,000, Ceres will add the Monk class to the game.

How many stretch goals will they will be able to make in three days? The world map goal is a sure thing. If they make it to the writing team goal, it's just an additional €5,000 for Kai Rosenkranz. Seems doable.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Fuck, they won't reach the Monk goal, but I love to play as monks. This is sad. :(
They'll extend the duration of the fundraising to their own site and Backerkit at the official Kicksarter end, so it's not lost.

If our campaign succeeds, we'll offer options for late backers on our website and through BackerKit - including PayPal as payment option.

But especially for German backers without credit card, Kickstarter recently added ELV (Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren) as additional payment option.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
Fuck, they won't reach the Monk goal, but I love to play as monks. This is sad. :(
They'll extend the duration of the fundraising to their own site and Backerkit at the official Kicksarter end, so it's not lost.

Don't forget bards, they're pretty big right now

fU07vQfE_o.png

Dorateen

Arcane
Just a thought, how come we never see Gregorian-chanting monks? It's always the eastern-flavored shaolin style. I'd like to see hooded brown robed figures, vows of poverty and silence, wielding books as blunt weapons.

deuxhero

Arcane
Cloistered Cleric does that. Really the Unearthed Arcana alternate class features (which are OGL) should be in the base game. They all use existing abilities and (aside from the Urban/Planar ranger which are shit anyways, and variant paladins which are minor) require no new coding beyond what and when they are gained.

Mods would fix it I guess.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Just a thought, how come we never see Gregorian-chanting monks? It's always the eastern-flavored shaolin style. I'd like to see hooded brown robed figures, vows of poverty and silence, wielding books as blunt weapons.

latest

In the Year of the Turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts, in the year of the turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts, in the year of the turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts, in the year of the turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not to mention nuns:

Heretic

Cipher
As expected, the Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign reached its funding goal today, with three days left to go.
...Seems doable.
Thank you, Infinitor, for dilligently posting each and every Kickstarter update and for wisely retardoing the unpleasant JarlFrank discussion.

With you on board, everything is doable.
:love:
/s

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
That would be a bad ass concept. Some sort of a crazed benedictine / dominican monk humming chants (Pathfinder had a sensei with song iirc) and drawing his strength from fanatical faith instead of shaolin shenanigans.

I am surprised that such great composer would create a piece for 1,5 k euros. How did they manage to persuade him to do that?

Farewell into the night

I am surprised that such great composer would create a piece for 1,5 k euros. How did they manage to persuade him to do that?

It's hard being musician. You'd sey they get paid billions, but the truth is they're mostly get a couple of sheckles and a fulfillment of passion as a payout.

Basically Darklands priests.
Except for using actual blunt weapons as weapons and praying Christian Saints instead of chanting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom