Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Back in my time people used binary formats, not that bloated verbose stringy things ,XMLs, JSONs and whatnots.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just hit 18 at the start of Chapter 7, no cheating and I
sided with the Pirate Captain in Pitax
which I think is the lower-xp option.

I reached lvl18 nearly the end of Chapt VI. But I disabled XP sharing with (dead) companions (I had just jubilost alive anyway, who I never used) at the start of the house, this translated in every WH scout or ghost guard giving 4700+ and traps usually 8000-9000.

I wouldn't be able to reach it with half XP being given.
After so many pages and this same shit being brought up we still get this same confusion. You don't get more XP no matter how you turn it ON or OFF it you got 6 people in your party. It only does anything if you got 5 or less.
But it does show XP gain differently in combat log which might be confusing for you. In one option it shows total XP you will get, in another it already splits XP by 6 and shows that value.

I am 100% sure that if i disable XP sharing companions at capital/camp dont get XP. So you say companions in the party still get the same amount? Makes no sense considering my first sentence.
Yes, one options means only those in party get XP. But if you got 6 in party you still get same XP.

If you got XP sharing turned ON your XP gain is divided by 6 and than everyone in your party and out of your party gets that amount.
If you got XP sharing OFF, you get a set amount of XP and it is only shared between those in your party.. which can be max 6.

It does not need to make sense, it is how it works. We tested all this in first 2 weeks of the game release.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

I reached lvl18 nearly the end of Chapt VI. But I disabled XP sharing with (dead) companions (I had just jubilost alive anyway, who I never used) at the start of the house, this translated in every WH scout or ghost guard giving 4700+ and traps usually 8000-9000.

After so many pages and this same shit being brought up we still get this same confusion. You don't get more XP no matter how you turn it ON or OFF it you got 6 people in your party. It only does anything if you got 5 or less.
But it does show XP gain differently in combat log which might be confusing for you. In one option it shows total XP you will get, in another it already splits XP by 6 and shows that value.

I am 100% sure that if i disable XP sharing companions at capital/camp dont get XP. So you say companions in the party still get the same amount? Makes no sense considering my first sentence.
Yes, one options means only those in party get XP. But if you got 6 in party you still get same XP.

If you got XP sharing turned ON your XP gain is divided by 6 and than everyone in your party and out of your party gets that amount.
If you got XP sharing OFF, you get a set amount of XP and it is only shared between those in your party.. which can be max 6.

It does not need to make sense, it is how it works. We tested all this in first 2 weeks of the game release.
Care to explain why do we even have an option to xp share or not? Should be useless since each member get the same XP no matter what.

Maybe you should go back and test some more.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Care to explain why do we even have an option to xp share or not? Should be useless since each member get the same XP no matter what.

You are being retarded. We tested this to death. As long as you have a full party, there is no difference for the people in your party. It only helps them when you have five or fewer party members.

With a full party, XP sharing is a sanctioned cheat mode to allow the companions you don’t use to keep leveling at the same pace as the ones you do use. That’s why the option exists.

Incendax

Augur

It works like this.

6 XP! Party of Six.
Sharing On = Everyone in party gets 1XP. Everyone back home gets 1XP. (Yes, this is more than 6XP).
Sharing Off = Everyone in party gets 1XP. Everyone back home gets NOTHING.

6XP! Party of Three.
Sharing Off = Everyone in party gets 2XP. Everyone back home gets NOTHING.

6XP! Party of One.
Sharing Off = Everyone in party gets 6XP. Everyone back home gets NOTHING.

ArchAngel

Arcane

One of my campaign runs is a solo druid. I have XP sharing off and he gets 6x more XP. That is why it exists.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
People keep talking about solo as druid, but I fail to see how it possible. Maybe if you skip all skill checks and will grind random encounters, but sounds kind of boring. Or I missed something and druid is magical skill monkey?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
People keep talking about solo as druid, but I fail to see how it possible. Maybe if you skip all skill checks and will grind random encounters, but sounds kind of boring. Or I missed something and druid is magical skill monkey?
Why do you believe you absolutely NEED many skills in this game? They're nice to have but many of them just give the opportunity for some additional XP or dealing in alternative way with some encounter and that's all. If you concentrate on a few most crucial ones (I'd assume that would be trickery and perception, maybe stealth, UMD, persuasion) then you should be ok. At least I'd assume that's the case since people have been soloing it already afaik.

Simple Simon

Scholar
18b7d6ece45001b58c852b8c9a108685.png

Nok-Nok

What ability are you using no Nok Nok that lets him aoe sneak attack like that?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Why do you believe you absolutely NEED many skills in this game?
It's my fetish You definitely don't need all skills on one character if you playing with party (but perception and persuasion is nice to have since those fuckers companions sometimes leave you alone) , but in terms of solo (in my opinion) you need to be versatile as possible in combat AND interactions. If you want to accomplish outcome that YOU want and not just beat the game for sake of it. You was right about crucial skills, but problem there that druid have raw bonuses for perception only (also lore skills, but they not THAT important) and other important skills need decent stats for them to be utilized properly. In terms of trickery for example it's easy because you can build DEX oriented character, however you need to choose between CHA for UMD and persuasion ( Feyspeaker subclass using it, if I remember correctly) or WIS for perception, you can't simple rise them both.

However, I always ready to assume that people making powerhouse from druid and simple resolve problems by killing everything, but I still find it interesting how people build druid in a way that they can beat hardest encounters. Because IMO druid looks, not THAT powerful.

But maybe I don't understand something and failed to build a powerful druid that reduces all encounters to corpses.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Some PAIN updates:
1) I can definitely confirm that you can avoid Nok Nok and jewbelost getting gibbed by the FoD by pumping Fort (if you don't have the gear, just install the cheat mod and increase his fort to 32 temporarily)
2) Octavia and her bull are fine quest-wise, did not have to resort to save-loading or anything, as well as Harrim
3) Magic negro is either bugged or supposed to die if you allowed him to gib the giants (not that I really need him, but he still was better DPS as compared to other choices except nok-nok)
4) Arthas seems to be unrecoverable - he and Jaethal both kill each other, but for some strange reason you can resurrect her, but not him. I even threw her under the elven bus, but she still appeared in the room and killed Tristian. It seems it's impossible to trigger his final quest - devs confirmed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/1735468693699721546/
I tried finding the triggers in DB files, it's simply missing from saves.
In principle, I can make do with Harrim, but his stats are kind of bad, he has 3 times less healing as compared to Arthas and worse compliment of offensive spells. So I'm probably holding off the game :(
1. Jubilost gave his immortality to the ghost, and Nok-Nok built his statue because he's a hero. Both survived just fine for me.
2. Yeah I think their quest outcomes don't matter, as long as you finish the quest.
3. Yeah, you have to tell Ekun he needs to control his anger or he'll rush the troll and get killed.
4. Tristian (Arthas?) survived fine for me. He killed Jaethal but was sad about it because she wasn't a zombie anymore. It's apparently possible to get them both to survive if you pick all the "good" options on her quest.
On the number 4 what are the "good" options ? To me her options all seem....neutral.
Allow the undead she created to die, don't revive the other Inquisitor, don't let her possess her daughter.

Have to
kill the undead elf in the very first part of her quest where she gets the animate dead ability
?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
At last got masterpiece leather armor. Nok-Nok is happy little gobbo. Not naked anymore.

I got that armor and gave Nok-Nok a black top hat I found somewhere - its like he's wearing a matching suite now.

Seeing him take down a greater cyclops with 35+ sneak dam and 60+ crits at level 10 like some king of miniature whirling voodoo priest of death ... it's hard to explain ... like I've been waiting for a moment like this in an RPG for years, and I didn't even know it.

The Codex should ask Owlcat if they can make a smilie out of him - like a Codexian troll in a black top-hat that obscures it's face, standing over a dead body with two bloody kukuri in hand.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Your level depends how thoroughly you insist on making all those high DC checks in Pitax
I made all the ones that are necessary to get the restored Grimoire and stop the mutiny (I had +42 Bluff/Diplomacy I think, with the Riversong Amulet, Val's shirt, and Lamashtu's Curse), but I think supporting the mutiny gets you like twice as many options.

Jarpie yes I believe you do.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

I had shared XP and shared skill XP on, and all my companions except Linzi and Jaethal survived, so I don't know what to tell you I guess.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh god. I did the one Ekundayo quest where you go to the hunting grounds. The game returns you to the capital, but not really as it turns out. I wondered why I couldn't skip time in Kingdom View anymore. Turns out you're still technically at the hunting grounds map.

That's some spaghetti programming right there.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Found a throwing Javelin. I thought throwing weapons were going out of fashion in games, so was suprised. Also, because there's no ammo in this game, I guess that means they all have the returning attribute.
:troll:

razvedchiki

Erudite
Yea whats with the no ammo thing?pathfinder doesnt have ammo?

The visual of your guards change in time?a bit disappointed i cant interact more with the military,like raising their pay,upgrading their arms,sending patrols etc.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

The visual of your guards change in time?a bit disappointed i cant interact more with the military,like raising their pay,upgrading their arms,sending patrols etc.
You can get special ammo quivers, Kimo makes them.
The visuals of your guards change when you get
golem guards, at least.
Huh I need advise.
Is it better to...
Make Jaethal alive again or Keep her Undead?
she's probably stronger as undead because she can't die, but you can't have both her and Tristian unless she dies and reincarnates.

Thonius

Arcane

golem guards, at least.
Huh I need advise.
Is it better to...
she's probably stronger as undead because she can't die, but you can't have both her and Tristian unless she dies and reincarnates.
Ratboi? He is dead for me... like sword to the gut dead.

Israfael

Arcane
it seems there's very narrow window of opportunity (and possibly path related issue) with Arthas - I loaded just after Armag's tomb and coronation, his next quest started after random encounter with cultists somewhere in the dire narlmarches. Probably i moved straight to the tournament in my first playthrough so the event did not have a chance to trigger, or it just bugged out in one of the hotfixes.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

golem guards, at least.
Huh I need advise.
Is it better to...
Ratboi? He is dead for me... like sword to the gut dead.
Can't say I blame you. Honestly they should've made him a Sorc or something because his Wis score is definitely not justified. Well, that or give him a better reason than "oops I forgot not to be retarded."

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the game. I have no idea how (if) are they planning an expansion considering the outcome. And if they make an expansion mid-game like tales of the sword coast, they need to change the timers for sure.
anyone managed to do the last fight without cheesing greater shout? if so, how?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom