Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
H) E) Krump 'em both.

Baltika9

Arcane
I want to do FE>G, by which I mean we keep drinking until someone sticks us into the fight. Then we krump 'em all in self-defense.

I really don't see the need to get involved, or to wake up in prison tomorrow.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
F.

While probably individually better than any of these guys we're not a spectacular unarmed fighter and it's not worth copping another injury over. My heart's with the punks but it could get us in trouble.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
H) - Keep drinking and notify the ShinRa Department of Public Safety of the flagrant insurgent activity. :lol:

Random

Arcane
Patron
Due to there being a three-way tie for F - G - H as primary votes, flipping to secondary votes gives F a strong lead over the other two. F wins. Something something "Apathy is death."

Changing Times Part III

You seriously cannot be assed to get off your seat and do anything, and decide it's probably better just to let things play out on their own rather than potentially escalating them further. Besides, it's not your bar.

You don't even watch the fight, instead opting to keep sipping your brandy, getting that nice warm buzz in your ears. You can tell the punks are the ones getting beaten up because the salarymen are shouting ShinRa slogans with triumphant tone, and the defiant yells of the lowlifes have vanished. Eventually the bartender comes out and pulls out his shotgun and forces them all the break it up, and you turn to watch the punks stumble and limp out of the place while the salarymen pay their tabs and leave next.

As you're watching them go, you notice a bikerwoman dressed in a leather jacket, tight jeans, bike gloves, and boots leaning against the wall by the exit, not an inch of exposed flesh on her. You can't see her face because she's wearing a black motorcycle helmet with a black tinted visor. You're pretty sure it's not Tifa from AVALANCHE going off her chest, but then again it's hard to get a good read due to her thick jacket. But you get the distinct impression that whoever she is, she's watching you. The fact that she's just standing there in plain sight seems to indicate she doesn't care that you know that. Still, it's a bit off-putting and makes it difficult to enjoy the rest of your drink in silence.

You turn back to the bartender, pay for the steak, throw down a 10 gil tip for him, grab the bottle of brandy, and decide to walk back to your apartment. You thought you'd prefer to drink in public, but now you feel like a big proponent of privacy. More than a little annoyed, you head for the door and, watching the stranger, you see how her head swivels to watch you walk right out. Yep. She's watching you. You only make it about ten yards from the door before you hear it swing open with a loud clank as it slams into the wall and glance over your shoulder to see the motorcycle woman walk to her motorcycle - a suped up ShinRa racing bike - and watch her turn it on and back out into the road, then start driving behind you. Experimentally you turn a corner at the end of a block and she makes the same turn. She's not even trying to hide the fact that she's following you. But your question is, how long has she been doing so? Did you somehow miss her tailing you on the way to the bar?

At the very least, if she wanted to kill you, you're pretty sure she had a good shot at it back in the bar with your back to her and half-drunk. Logically, she's not there for that. But what exactly is her purpose, then? A bodyguard hired by ShinRa? Could she be a journalist or something?

You have a long way to walk to get to your apartment, which is in Sector 4. You'd like to catch the train to save some time, and doing that might be enough to lose her. Might. Then again, you're pretty sick of sitting around. The walk might do you some good. It's only eight or nine miles by your estimate.

What do you do?

A) Take the train
B) Just walk all the way there, and don't bother trying to lose her
C) Stop and confront your tail
D) Try to shake her off by taking alleys and shortcuts
E) Alternative

Character Sheet
Name: Marcus "Steelwall" Westford
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
Profession: Major of the ShinRa Co. Peacekeeping Corps, Department of Public Safety, Military Police Division
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: None
Health: [Pristine - Fine - Poor - Severe - Critical - Dead]

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 8
Tenacity 6 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Discipline Lvl. 3
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Athletics Lvl. 2, Bluff Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Perks:
Tough Guy ("Love the suck." The penalty for all mundane negative status effects is reduced by 1)

Inventory: Civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 19,670 Gil, Note from Janice, Tom's business card (blood-stained)
Gear:

Baltika9

Arcane
C. If she gets evasive, then we should get creative and confront her. I have a feeling that this is important.

There's 27 pages of this. Should I read those ?

Welcome to the LP. I do recommend reading the updates to get a feel for the character we've built, but we are not that far along.

Random

Arcane
Patron
There's 27 pages of this. Should I read those ?

If you want to get the full detail of experiences the character has gone through from start to finish, yeah. If not, here's a summary that's a lot less exciting than the actual updates themselves:

You are Marcus Westmore, a Lieutenant security officer stationed at ShinRa HQ. You were supposed to go on vacation but AVALANCHE attacked, and you decided to fight instead of run away. After a lot of struggles, you managed to shoot and kill Cloud Strife, ending the attack before it could achieve its goal. You collapsed from your injuries and exhaustion, and then woke up to find that the President of ShinRa had been killed, seemingly by the legendary hero Sephiroth. You chose to let Tifa Lockhart, the only unharmed member of AVALANCHE, escape because she saved your life.

After that, you spent a while getting back into the groove of things and working out. As the man who took down AVALANCHE, you were spontaneously promoted to Major and received major media acclaim. While at one of the sets that was filming a late night talk show, terrorists later identified as AVALANCHE attacked the studio and you barely managed to survive, saving the hostages in the process, but you needed to be saved by a SOLDIER sent in to wipe out the enemy forces.

Finally back to full health after surviving a gunshot wound, you have no outstanding orders except to get some rest, so you were discharged from the hospital. You went to a bar and got some good food and drink, but then watched the leader of AVALANCHE, Barret Wallace, get executed on live TV, listening to his miserable apologies after having been tortured into a broken man by ShinRa. You are now heading home after staying out of a barfight caused by the execution, and noticed you are being followed by a mysterious biker lady.

oscar

Arcane
B. Let's stretch our legs and burn off some off those fries.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Changing Times Part IV

At first you're determined not to even acknowledge her, but after a while curiosity overwhelms your indignity. You walk for a little while just to summon your courage to address the mysterious rider directly, then you pivot on your heel and stand right where you are, waiting for the motorcyle hanging a block or two back to slowly trundle up to you and then stop in the empty street. The engine of the motorcycle rumbles with restrained life as the biker chick sticks out a foot on the road to prop herself and the bike up, leaning forward on the bars and draping her arms over it and staring right at you, almost like a lounging cat.

You wait a little while for her to say something, but she doesn't. She seems perfectly content to just stare just as you stare at her. Eventually, feeling maddened by the total stonewall she's giving you, you throw out your arms. "So, you just gonna follow me around?"

She nods slowly.

You take a long glug-glug from your bottle, holding the neck of it between your index and middle finger, and wipe your mouth as the burn of good booze sinks down your throat. "Did ShinRa send you?"

Again, a slow nod.

"Great," you mutter. "What, are you here to protect me or to intimidate me? Kill me?"

This time she doesn't make the slightest motion of answer, but to be fair, you did sling a lot of questions at her at once.

"My place is in Sector 4. You gonna follow me all the way there? Gonna be a long night," you ramble, feeling increasingly pissed at her just for refusing to talk to you.

"If I have to," she says, and though her voice is muffled, you recognize it. It's familiar. It's the same voice as the SOLDIER who you had the angry conversation with earlier.

"Oh, it's you," you snap, rolling your eyes. "Don't tell me, they put you on guard duty."

She says nothing.

"I mean, actually tell me if that's what your orders are," you say with a groan of annoyance.

She nods.

"I don't need freaking SOLDIER watching my ass everywhere I go," you shout at her. You realize you're being a little more volatile than you normally would. You must be pretty drunk.

"I agree," she replies in a bored tone. "AVALANCHE is dead. The tactical risk of one last gasp from a broken ring of assassins and bombers doesn't warrant wasting a SOLDIER on your sorry ass."

Suddenly you're angry for the entirely opposite reason. So you angrily chug a few gulps of Gysahl brandy down to add fuel to the fire. "Sorry, I'm not important enough for that?"

"Not in the least," she says.

"Watch your tone. I'm a fucking Major. I could put you into so much shit if I reported that you said that," you threaten, seething at her. Why does she have to give you so much crap?

"Worst they could do is put me on monster patrol in that frozen hellhole surrounding Icicle Inn. Would rather do that again than shadow you on your nightly strolls through the pit of the city," she says. She doesn't even sound upset. She's not afraid of you at all.

"And what happens when I go home? You gonna just stand outside my door all night?" you ask.

"No, there's a squad of MPs stationed in the apartment beside yours to monitor and guard you," she says.

"Why the Hell wasn't I told about this?"

"Because the powers that be decided you don't need to know," she says, drumming her fingers on the brake lever.

You have no idea how to handle her. You can't even see her face to get a read on her. So you swallow another bittersweet mouthful of the brandy as you consider your next move.

How do you respond?

A) "Fuck off." Walk away and don't talk to her anymore.
B) [Charm] "Then give me a ride home, lady. I get home faster and you get to go home sooner, too. It's a win-win."
C) [Charm] "You want some gum?"
D) [Charm: Legendary] "Heyyy babyyy, come ride something bigger and harder than that bike seat!" With appropriately timed pelvic thrust.
E) Alternative

Character Sheet
Name: Marcus "Steelwall" Westford
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
Profession: Major of the ShinRa Co. Peacekeeping Corps, Department of Public Safety, Military Police Division
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: None
Health: [Pristine - Fine - Poor - Severe - Critical - Dead]

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 8
Tenacity 6 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Discipline Lvl. 3
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Athletics Lvl. 2, Bluff Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Perks:
Tough Guy ("Love the suck." The penalty for all mundane negative status effects is reduced by 1)

Inventory: Civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 19,670 Gil, Note from Janice, Tom's business card (blood-stained), half-empty bottle of Gysahl Brandy
Gear:

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B>E same as Baltika.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom