Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New Steam release from Kemco, Asdivine Hearts II:

ss_7d34dd4b799b51bec60c30c7116a828e9f56530a.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Spirit Master of Retarnia -Conqueror of the Labyrinth-, some kind of erotic dungeon crawler. Published by Mangagamer, uncensored:

ss_0cd7c39c6a74edcfd9880c3ddb579fe6a3eab4fd.600x338.jpg

A Classic 3D Dungeon RPG featuring cute girls, skill trees, and vast loot items to explore!

Features
- Traverse numerous dungeons and battle monsters!
- Loot tons of gear, including epic Artifacts, from the dungeons to power up your heroines!
- Your party members will suffer if you lose in battle!
- Brace for battle by stocking up on potions and goods!
- Level up and customize your team to your playstyle!
- Face off against fearsome monsters to restore peace to Retarnia!
Story
Our story begins in the Kingdom of Retania, a country that has been at peace for five hundred years. However, portals to the Demon World have suddenly opened up, and the vile monsters which lie beyond it are determined to invade and take over the kingdom.

Five hundred years earlier, a certain hero known as the "Spirit Master of Retarnia" averted a similar crisis and led five spirits--The White Spirit Norn, the Red Spirit Vesta, the Blue Spirit Rusalka, the Green Spirit Melissa, and the Black Spirit Iris--to battle against the demons and seal the portals to their world.

At the request of Queen Sylvia, Leonard, a descendant of the Spirit Master, stepped forth across the portal into the Demon World to save the kingdom...

This title features mature content that may not be suitable for all audiences, including fictional depictions of graphic violence, assaults, and both consensual and non-consensual graphic sexual scenes involving adult couples, as well as fictional creatures.

Momock

Augur
What's the deal with Atlus don't releasing their games for PC? They signed something with Sony?

Jinn

Arcane
What's the deal with Atlus don't releasing their games for PC? They signed something with Sony?

It's only a matter of time now before we start seeing Atlus titles on PC too, because Sega owns their ass and knows PC is the way of the future in the western market. Mark my words: we'll be playing Shin Megami Tensei III on PC in 5 years time.

Latro

Arcane
It's only a matter of time now before we start seeing Atlus titles on PC too, because Sega owns their ass and knows PC is the way of the future in the western market. Mark my words: we'll be playing Shin Megami Tensei III on PC in 5 years time.
i played nocturne on PC 9 years ago jinn

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Can Switch games be pirated?

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/super-robot-wars-t-coming-to-asia-in-english-in-2019

Super Robot Wars T coming to Asia in English in 2019.
Latest Super Robot Wars confirmed for English release.

Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia will release the newly announced Super Robot Wars T with English subtitles for PlayStation 4 and Switch across Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia) in 2019, the publisher announced.
Featured Works in Super Robot Wars T
  • Invincible Robo Tryder G7
  • Aura Battler Dunbine
  • New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack Beltorchika’s Children
  • Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
  • Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: The Steel Seven
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS The Last Red Shoulder
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS Big Battle
  • The Brave Express Mightgaine
  • The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Gunbuster
  • Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
  • Getter Robo Armageddon
  • Mazinger Z: Infinity
  • Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX
  • Magic Knight Rayearth
  • Gun Sword
  • Expelled from Paradise
★ = New to the Super Robot Wars series
● = Only robots featured

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's probably my favorite series lineup in a SRW in a long time, the majority of it being classic mecha stuff. The only ones I'd add would be Xabungle, Daitarn 3, Gundam X, and Full Metal Panic.

Archibald

Arcane
Haven't played one of those in what feels like ages. Lineup looks nice + it being in English makes it tempting. I'm way behind on my console news, but are PS4 and Switch region locked or has that thing gone away with latest generation?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't played one of those in what feels like ages. Lineup looks nice + it being in English makes it tempting. I'm way behind on my console news, but are PS4 and Switch region locked or has that thing gone away with latest generation?
Switch is definitely not region locked. I don't think PS4 is either.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
PS4 and Switch aren't region locked as Siveon said. Many Asian releases of games have english texts so the games are 100% playable by us even if they don't get official western localizations. You can check playasia.com for these imports. Dunno if there are any other websites but that's the one I've been using since the PS3 era.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm especially excited for the ports of Arland. Maybe the new one will be great too, but even if not at least we'll have Totori

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists, the spin-off town building RPG, is coming in March: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/nelke-t...h-26-2019-in-north-america-march-29-in-europe

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch, and for PC via Steam on March 26, 2019 in North America and March 29 in Europe, publisher Koei Tecmo announced.

--

Record of Agarest War Mariage, the naughtier 2012 spin-off that was never released in West, is coming to PC early 2019: https://steamcommunity.com/games/353270/announcements/detail/1708449632674807856

Official naughty Codex thread here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-agarest-game-coming-to-pc-early-2019.124962/

--

Steel Sword Story, 2D action game made with Pixel Game Maker MV:

There's a demo.

ss_be76cecb4ced049e5dae49147ea1e128a2fba4db.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
NISA to announce something at something?

What's this Kindafunny thing, they're also going to announce something related to Yakuza. The Weaboo Awards or something?

----

Also whatever Koei: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/koei-tecmo-to-announce-new-ps4-switch-and-pc-title-on-december-6

Koei Tecmo to announce new PS4, Switch, and PC title on December 6

Koei Tecmo is teasing a new PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC game announcement for December 6.

The teaser website features a fiery background, the December 6 date, and the text, “The fated battle begins.”

Stay tuned.

Somewhat unusual Japanese HQ (not western branches) is announcing PC version., so possibly strategy game related.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom