Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News RPGPOCALYPSE: Obsidian and inXile have been acquired by Microsoft

Latelistener

Arcane
RPGPOCALYPSE

i68yyet3zw811.gif

Atone for your sins! Buy AoD and Underrail while you still can!

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I have mixed feelings about such event, I can't even describe them in form of words. However, does it mean that Obsidian and InExile forums now will be merged into Microsoft subforum? I mean, when big corporation buy something - it looses any identity, only name remains. There no point in separate subforums.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Also people who thinks that there a possibility of "peacefully retirement" for anyone in 21 century are 100 years minimum late or just naive, because after selling your own business you should investing in other business or your money will burn in hellfire of inflation and rapid changes on market.
After selling your business, you should invest money in new or go back to work on factory/office to your death. There only few people who can afford not to work, and I don't think ex-owners of gaming companies belong to this category.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean, when big corporation buy something - it looses any identity, only name remains.
No. Microsoft owned companies (like Playground Games or Ninja Theory for example) still has their websites, I doubt it would be any different with Obs and InXile. They will still operate as a company afterall.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
No. Microsoft owned companies (like Playground Games or Ninja Theory for example) still has their websites, I doubt it would be any different with Obs and InXile. They will still operate as a company afterall.
Maybe, or maybe not. Depends on decisions of upper management in Microsoft, sometimes companies change their behavior. We will see anyway.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I have mixed feelings about such event, I can't even describe them in form of words. However, does it mean that Obsidian and InExile forums now will be merged into Microsoft subforum? I mean, when big corporation buy something - it looses any identity, only name remains. There no point in separate subforums.

Last thing I heard Trump launched an official FBI investigation into the matter. I'm sure details will be shared with the public in due time.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is their any reason why they won’t still KS (with MS permission) to cash grab some more?

W1 was going to get a facelift? Like what TBTT or were they going to go the W2/W3 route?

sstacks

Arcane
My guess is they will still operate as Obsidian and inXile brand and website wise, etc.

This is actually interesting to me along the lines of perceived health / strength of the CRPG genre in the current game market.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Please wait until we convert your Obsidian and InXile games to M$ Store versions.....done."
"One or more of your games is not compatible with this version of Windows. Downloading upgrade."

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My guess is they will still operate as Obsidian and inXile brand and website wise, etc.

This is actually interesting to me along the lines of perceived health / strength of the CRPG genre in the current game market.
What perceived health / strength? Obviously Microsoft bought Obsidian because of the World of Tanks clone that they made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom