Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-26-livestream-recap.html

October 26 Livestream Recap

A little preview of NWN:EE on mobile. “Plays pretty well!” ~ Trent

Last Friday Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Community Manager Sarah Dawson shared the latest Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition news. They also briefly showed off an early build of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Halloween has come to Beamdog.com! Treat yourself to devilish bargains: our Infinity Engine titles are at 50% off, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is at 30% off! Snatch up these deals by Halloween Night!
  • Don’t want to miss on our sales, news, and contests? Sign up for the Beamdog newsletter!
  • We now have more than 7000 followers on Twitter! Beware, Trent, the official account is going to pass you soon!
  • We’re looking for plenty of talented people to join the team! Programmers, technical artists, quality assurance testers, web developers - find our current openings on the career page, and apply!

“If I were a major Forgotten Realms character, I’d be Bane!” ~ Trent
  • Patch 8183 for the Development branch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is out on Steam and the Beamdog Client. Check out the full list of fixes and features, including the return of Gamma functionality here. We'd like to thank all the volunteers who have spent time testing the previous patch! Any testing, feedback, and criticism you provide is invaluable.
  • The Ravenloft - Prisoners of the Mist server for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is kicking off a “Halloween Play A New Character” event. It’s a great time to get started on that server! Check out the details here.
  • The Arelith server for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is continuing their project to put all-new art on their loading screens. A very cool touch on a very cool server.

“NWN:EE on Android might be coming out some time this year!” ~ Sarah
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is reaching closer. It will be released alongside the Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack, and include multiple spell and rules fixes, as well as the ability to see DLC portraits in multiplayer.
  • Vote on your favourite features for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on our Input Trello board! Have a new suggestion not on the Trello? Share it on our forums!
  • We are planning to start looking at the backlog of requests for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition after the big features have been shipped: NWSync, 64 bit, and the Android version of NWN:EE.
  • Before we can make a solid evaluation of audio improvements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, we need to work around a few OpenAL limitations.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream this Friday!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
BG-2018-oct-26-024.jpg

Oh boy, exactly what everyone wanted from NWN. Playing it on a tiny screen with touch controls.

PorkBarrellGuy

>mobilefaggotry

I would normally just say :decline: but I think it's already been established that Oster's bunch of morons positively exemplify the very concept of decline so we clearly need something BEYOND that for this shit

Bocian

Arcane
Must be wonderful in the more frantic fights as a mage...
In any fights at all. I don't imagine using skills like knockdown that need to be precisely aimed (or you lose a round) which can be tricky when surrounded by the enemy, in real time. No idea what is the purpose of this feature since the game is so old that it'll work on an ancient laptop, probably worth less than a modern tablet.

Cael

Arcane
So guys, how does it feel to watch all your favorite D&D games go down in flames?
There are no flames for the simple reason that the games are heading to the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Currently at the 9km mark but should hit the 11km bottom in... 3.49 days at this rate.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
so have there been ANY mods to come out since NWN: EE came out? Supposedly it brought new stuff to the creator kit?

Elex

Arbiter
NWN has always been one of the easiest games to mod or install modules. If you own a PC, there's no excuse for not being able to do it.

You seem to be unaware just how retarded the average user is. Just to give you an example, when I was 16 I worked for a company selling computer parts, building complete systems and repairing PCs.
We had a costumer who had bought PC parts for around 3500 DM (Deutsche Mark, something around 1800 Euros) and build the PC himself to save him the fee of us doing all the work. He came back a day later demanding a refund proclaiming that we had sold him faulty hardware. His PC on the inside was blackened out. We saw fluid dripping down from his CPU. Do you realize by now what the retard did? If not, the fucktard managed to squeeze the entire tube of coolant paste ON THE FREAKING PINS, somehow managed to turn on the PC and completely fried his system by short circuiting his PC which could have been avoided if only he would have asked what to do with the coolant paste.

So whenever someone tells me "It is so simple anyone can do it" I tell him this story from my youth, though I have a couple of others demonstrating how utter retards try and fail to do the simplest of tasks.
d06.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hey, an actually useful new feature: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-02-livestream-recap.html

November 02 Livestream Recap

Luke is playing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on an Nvidia Shield tablet.

During today’s stream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest studio news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the Infinity Engine games. Luke showed off a “keyholing” feature (work in progress) for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, which will allow players to see their character even when walls and other objects block the camera.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is on sale on Google Play! Delve into this epic adventure for only $2.99 USD!
  • We’re still hiring! We’re looking for programmers, web developers, technical artists, and quality assurance testers! Check out our career page, as we’ve recently added a new opening for a Network and Systems Administrator!
  • An open beta for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android is coming very soon! Excited to get your hands on it? Make sure you're following us on Twitter and Facebook, and you've signed up for our newsletter to get the news first!
  • We hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! The Ravenloft - Prisoners of the Mist server for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is running a “Halloween Play A New Character” event - ends Sunday November 4! Check out the details here.

“Making a custom game engine would be brutal!” ~ Trent
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be released together with the Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack before the end of the year.
  • The 2.6 patch will include rules and data fixes. It will also lay down infrastructure for multiplayer-compatible DLC voice and portrait packs. No major UI changes are expected.
  • Trent likes the concept of adding companions from Siege of Dragonspear to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, but from the studio standpoint it’s not a viable project. Sorry!
  • We have been putting effort into fixing issues with CreateCreatureOffscreen in our Infinity Engine games, but we don’t have plans to completely remove the feature from scripts. Report any bugs you encounter related to this feature at our bug tracker, and we’ll try to fix them!
  • The 3.1.4 patch for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition for Beamdog, GOG, GooglePlay, the App Store, and the Mac App Store is in progress.

A graphics rework for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will involve shadows, lighting, and more!
  • We’re thankful to all the volunteers who helped test the previous Development Build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the NWSync feature! The Development branch is available to everyone who bought the game on Beamdog.com and from Steam - try it out, and file bugs you find at our bug tracker!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8184 is out! Among other features, it vastly improves the NWSync client-side storage system. Check out the full list of fixes and features here.
  • We’re continuing to work on achievements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!
  • According to Trent, Cameron is working hard on the rendering update for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. This is going to be a big change, and we’re holding off releasing updated character models because of it. We’re very excited about how Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will look once this work is done.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Brent Knowles is no longer with Beamdog: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brentwdknowles/

Project Director
Company Name Beamdog
Dates Employed Dec 2015 – Oct 2018
Employment Duration 2 yrs 11 mos

Design, production and quality assurance work on Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition;started a project director role August 2017

And here I imagined a decent new module directed by him.

Maybe he finished it and it's just finishing touches and QA now? :fabulouslyoptimistic:

YldriE

Learned
The only reason to revise them at all would be to include controller controls and local co-op, at least that would cover a new (though limited) market. The originals are fine and so far Beamdog's changes are either meaningless or simply bad; anyone who gives half a shit about these games knows (because you have to) how to run them on modern system and has a list of mods they won't compromise on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-09-livestream-recap.html

November 09 Livestream Recap

“A few cards from the Input Trello board will be moved to the Roadmap pretty soon!” ~ Luke

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition news. They went through the current NWN:EE Roadmap, and talked about the upcoming open Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android.

“Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android works surprisingly well!” ~ Luke. “And it’s pretty amazing to watch!” ~ Trent
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is moving forward quickly.
  • The Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack is nearly finished! We expect you’ll be able to play with the portraits and voices of Strix, Evelyn, Diath, or Paultin in the near future!
  • The Ukrainian localization of Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is currently 98%-complete. If it’s finished in time, we’ll include it in the 2.6 patch.

“We have some goofy stuff planned for the 20th anniversary of Baldur’s Gate!” ~ Trent
  • The NWSync feature is available in the Development Build of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Opt into the Development Build on the Beamdog Client or Steam, and share your feedback at our forums!
  • We have successfully increased the bone count limit in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition to 82 in an internal build, but there are a few bugs we need to fix before rolling the feature out to the public.
  • Cam is working on a big rendering system rewrite for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
  • In Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, when you save a game, the whole module is saved to the savegame, including all area state, etc. So with each new patch players have to restart a module to get all the latest fixes and features. We’ll think about ways to redesign how savegames work, but can’t promise anything.
  • We’re always interested in working with content creators on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Currently, we’re working with Soren on shaders, textures and tooling, and Symmetric on NeverBlender.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Lilura Review when? http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Android Beta

Attention adventurers of Neverwinter Nights - the Android Beta is here!

We’re seeking players for the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition! It’s time to step away from your PC, pick up your phone or tablet, and journey through Neverwinter Nights like never before.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play includes:
  • All the playable content of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, and Witch’s Wake will be made available as free downloads for NWN:EE owners at launch.
  • Mobile Features: A new virtual joystick and context-sensitive interaction button makes gameplay easy.
  • Improved Display: Featuring a new re-engineered UI for tablet and phone play. Portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on device resolution and can be scaled to your liking.
  • Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights.
To access the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition:
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. At the end of the list where you see “Top charts” and “Games,” tap Early
access.
3. Find Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
4. Purchase Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for Android for $9.99
in order to download the Beta.
5. Tap Install.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Launch the app and start playing!
Please share your feedback about the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on our forums!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

"According to Trent, ultimately Beamdog wants to focus on the future and step away from our current role as curators."

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-16-livestream-recap.html

November 16 Livestream Recap

“We want to drop the curator hat. I want to make new fun.” ~ Trent

During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest news on the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, NWN:EE Android Beta, and Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions. They discussed the latest changes on the Roadmap Trello for NWN:EE and provided an update on the upcoming 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

• Spend this weekend in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition! NWN:EE and all its DLC are 50% off on Beamdog.com!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is also 50% off on Steam! Dive into robust Dungeons & Dragons multiplayer on dozens of persistent worlds!
  • The Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launched this week. Thanks to everyone taking part in the Beta. The feedback you provide on Google Play, the Beamdog forums, and our new tracker on Jira Service Desk is incredibly useful.
  • We’ve seen over 1000 Beta players so far! Purchasing Beta access includes the release version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, so if you have a phone or a tablet, go try the Beta out!
  • Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to be first to know about Beamdog news, patches, beta updates, contests, and more!
  • We’re still hiring! If you’re a Web Developer, Programmer, Quality Assurance Tester, Technical Artist, or Network System Admin apply!

“With new content, there’s so much potential!” ~ Trent
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is moving forward according to plan.
  • 2.6 will be released along with the Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack. We’re just finishing up the DCA! portraits, and the community won portraits are on the to-do list. It takes quite a while to make a good quality portrait, and we want to respect the quality of the original games.
  • The 3.1.4 patch for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition which would bring the Czech localization of PST:EE to GOG, Beamdog, Google Play, the App Store, and the Mac App Store is not ready yet, but it’s coming. According to Luke, it’s all about the manpower right now, as our QA resources are mostly on the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

“For NWN:EE, the order of operations is the following: ship the Android version, then 64bit, and then the iOS version!” ~ Luke
  • We shipped two Development Builds for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition this week. Check out the patch notes here and here.
  • If all goes well, Development Build 8186 will become a new stable build for NWN:EE next week.
  • We also plan to roll out an update to the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition next week. The PC version of NWN:EE will be cross-play compatible with Android very soon.
  • We’re looking into the viability of installing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for Android on an external SD card.
  • Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, Pirates of the Sword Coast, and Darkness over Daggerford Premium modules for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will be purchasable on Android through the in-game store. If you have them on your PC version, you will be able to connect your Android device to your PC and transfer the modules to your mobile. You will be able to move any mods and custom content, not only the Premium modules, because the file system on Android is structured the same way as on PC.
  • Regarding changing old content in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, we don’t want to go back for a number of reasons. Neverwinter Nights scripts are very fragile. If you tweak something in the wrong way, it can break a lot of things in the game. According to Trent, ultimately Beamdog wants to focus on the future and step away from our current role as curators.
  • There are a lot of exciting features planned for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Cameron continues to work on a rendering system rewrite. Some additional work may need to be done on updated character models once the renderer is completed as we don’t want to break compatibility with existing work.
  • There should be some significant performance increases once the new rendering code is complete and integrated, as it would clean up a lot of the outdated rendering processes the Aurora Engine currently uses.
  • We moved a few new cards to the Roadmap Trello board this week. Features such as allowing custom classes and spellbooks, or introducing the spell buff effect timer, are now on the Roadmap. Check out all the changes here!
  • Achievements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition are coming soon. They will first be released on mobile with the live full version of NWN:EE for Android. Steam achievements will follow shortly. There are 48 achievements overall, and the achievements will be the same across Android and Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom