Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Mikeal

Arcane
If you use it on rifted enemy and kill him, enemies around him will be banish to rift and effect will jump on them.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like Limbo too but to this day I'm still not sure what the fuck is the 3rd, Rift Strike, even supposed to be for.

Nothing, you should never ever have to push anything but 2 and 4 as a Limbo. If you have to push anything else you are a bad Limbo.

EDIT: Oh and if you feel queasy about using Limbo for CC, Resonating Banshee is actually still quite viable as long as someone else does the killing.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
3wr15w7750y11.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If it weren't for the lack of drops needed to rank up, I would hunt pobbers all day.

1200-1800 rep per run and triplet (compared to ~600 for the nosecat who's lure I wasted 1k rep on), for very little effort. Biz was very happy over the one with "enlarged genitalia" too...
And you get an army of fluffy pobblers for your orbiter who love you and will never betray you!

But now I am stuck with an obvious lack of debt bonds. :cry:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Banshee is actually still quite viable as long as someone else does the killing.
You mean "as long as someone else picks her up every time a stray shot instakills her, because defense is for filthy casuals". Banshee is very good at killing things herself thankyouverymuch. :obviously:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
i'm stupid, i still have to figure out how to hunt critters.
I'll ignore that sudden outburst of filthy casualness...

1) buy TranQ rifle
2) buy Pobber uuuh lure?
3) equip lure, hold M to open the bestest map
4) set waypoint on claw symbol (only appears when lure/TranQ is equipped)
5) move to clawsymbol location
6) click on the turd on the ground to start hunting
7) follow the footsteps shown by you huntersense. Or just go to the yellow circle and find the blue-ish carcass object. Helios likes to highlight it by scanning
8) hold LMB to use the lure thing. Once the pobbler answers, use it again and move the mouse to stay inside the white brackets)
9) when biz tells you to ready your TranQ and hide: move away from the spot. Targets are highlighted white when using the TranQ scope)
10) when the 3 blind mice are at the spot: shoot them all 3. Because being a pro anything less than all 3 is shamefur dispray
11) pick them up to earn rep
12) profit

Picking them up also earns you tags, which can be traded for fluffy loyal plush versions.

Arnust

Savant
I like Limbo too but to this day I'm still not sure what the fuck is the 3rd, Rift Strike, even supposed to be for.

Nothing, you should never ever have to push anything but 2 and 4 as a Limbo. If you have to push anything else you are a bad Limbo.

EDIT: Oh and if you feel queasy about using Limbo for CC, Resonating Banshee is actually still quite viable as long as someone else does the killing.
Now that I remembered, Rift Surge is pretty good with the augment, as it increases your damage per enemy affected. It's very occasional and is mostly range/duration builds exclusive, but it could do some hilarious numbers.

And on Range, now that I managed to get Overextended... Holy shit, are Saryn/Nova/Ember and the rest of the AoE lot literally designed around it? Especially current Saryn, which seemed almost unplayable without it. Now I'm back to always being the top of the enemy kills per mission even if I'm alt tabbing most of the time.

i'm stupid, i still have to figure out how to hunt critters.
I'll ignore that sudden outburst of filthy casualness...

1) buy TranQ rifle
2) buy Pobber uuuh lure?
3) equip lure, hold M to open the bestest map
4) set waypoint on claw symbol (only appears when lure/TranQ is equipped)
5) move to clawsymbol location
6) click on the turd on the ground to start hunting
7) follow the footsteps shown by you huntersense. Or just go to the yellow circle and find the blue-ish carcass object. Helios likes to highlight it by scanning
8) hold LMB to use the lure thing. Once the pobbler answers, use it again and move the mouse to stay inside the white brackets)
9) when biz tells you to ready your TranQ and hide: move away from the spot. Targets are highlighted white when using the TranQ scope)
10) when the 3 blind mice are at the spot: shoot them all 3. Because being a pro anything less than all 3 is shamefur dispray
11) pick them up to earn rep
12) profit

Picking them up also earns you tags, which can be traded for fluffy loyal plush versions.

i know the theory. most of. for example, the mating call, i still have to check if it's the same for every monster, in my few attempts i managed to make it work by moving the mouse down-up-down, then the brackets things doesn't always work, sometimes it does, sometimes it's pointless. i move out from the spawn point, sometimes the monsters don't come at all, sometimes they peek and run away scared despite me being on top of a fungus. the only time i've been able to piece everything together i misclicked and the critters ran. i'll probably read the wiki once i get some more lures.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I think the first stage of the calling phase you can look at the calling gauge ( rhyme time) as being in 3 parts, try a call in each. Sometimes it can take 2 calls in each but that should do it. I don't recall seeing improvements to the Tracking phase but I had a lot of trouble but it seems much better now.

I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and going into this first had me sloooooooooooowly following the tracks looking through the Tranq scope. I learned soon enough that was bad and wrong and no no no but would lose the trail highlight if I strayed a little.

Like I said finding the call spot now feels, to me, much better and comparable to the search for probes or caches within a certain radiance.

Lhynn

Arcane
I'm mostly farming eidolons at cetus. Fortuna I max out rep and just ignore for the most part.

Trying to max out some arcanes that are too good to pass up.

Nyx, Nova, vasto, Boar and other shit got unvaulted yesterday. I really want to get my hands on that shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
They nerfed that last shot pistol mod before even putting it in the game, now it needs 6 mag size minimum.
NO FUN ALLOWED

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is anyone even bothering to let twitch streams run in the background? The rewards are so bad this time I already forgot it existed.

Not even sure what DE's agenda even is this time. Last time they tied rewards to achievments, so streamers made new chars to collect them ASAP. They could show off their knowledge and we got drops. Best deal.

This time it's simply "once per hour". An hour of doing.... whatever apparently. When I checked on a stream to see if it's still active, the guy was in the kitchen washing dishes or smth. Why did that guy even have a cam in his kitchen to begin with? :|
What does DE get out of people chatting without even playing for hours?

Sad.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Baro's back in town, he's selling Tempo Royale, Astral Twilight, Vermillion Storm, Fanged Fusillade, Prisma Angstrum, Prisma Grakata, and Axi A5 relics (these give the BP and Link for Akvasto Prime).

Lhynn

Arcane
You can easily farm the latest unvault at fortuna. It's really not worth the ducats when you can get like 10-20 of those per hour just doing bounties.

What MR are you fucks anyway?

Vaarna_Aarne

MR26. Akvasto Prime isn't an unvault anyway it's sort of like Aklex Prime. They added it separately, and I dunno if it drops from bounties and T5 Void missions for good or just during the unvaulting, but like the aforementioned Baro also sells the relics at times.

Lhynn

Arcane
I do. But if I want 10 of the same to be sure to get it the bounties are a good idea.

Tho right now I'm trying to get every mod from Perrin and new loka. Already maxed red veil and steel meridian. So not spending it on relics.

eklektyk

Erudite
so venus dropped and i did fuck all exept visiting it twice and doing few bounties plus fish and mining new shit

saw this travesty that is tonyhawk rep grind and said fuck no

and twitch drops were laughable - all i did get was credits and a few fireworks sprinkled with ocasional display ... legends has that it could drop riven ... dont know anyone who got it so i call bs

overall im more pumped for poe next expansion than for shit that de tries to pull - my favorite is famous melee3.0 that was anounced almost a year ago and devs shat their pants and slowly try to recover from it over those months that passed

Codex Year of the Donut
so venus dropped and i did fuck all exept visiting it twice and doing few bounties plus fish and mining new shit

saw this travesty that is tonyhawk rep grind and said fuck no

and twitch drops were laughable - all i did get was credits and a few fireworks sprinkled with ocasional display ... legends has that it could drop riven ... dont know anyone who got it so i call bs

overall im more pumped for poe next expansion than for shit that de tries to pull - my favorite is famous melee3.0 that was anounced almost a year ago and devs shat their pants and slowly try to recover from it over those months that passed
they can't do any rebalancing because of rivens
people(whales) who spent ridiculous amounts of platinum on them will collectively shit the bed over it
rivens probably ruined the game and are a legitimate form of pay2win

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, Rivens and certain other mods, like Maiming Strike which is the biggest problem for melee and will probably remain so after melee 3.0. But, neither problem is unsolveable in itself (and in general, the bigger problem is that at least someone in DE seems to have an odd idea of how Warframe is supposed to play; second problem being the mod system in itself at a fundamental level), in case of Rivens it just has to be done in baby steps so everyone keeps their fucking shit together. And actually, rivens do have a built-in excuse for it, since they're supposed to scale to popularity, it's just that DE actually made that completely by hand and until recently didn't change dispositions in two years I think; if you'd do it actively enough for a while lo and behold obvious cases of egrerious beneficiaries of the system like Opticor and Gram Prime would suddenly be dragged in line; in case of the latter I can vouch since I have a pretty strong riven for it, it's not a weapon that needs doubling down on mod bonuses. Or you could just do a switcheroo, and get rid of negative modifiers and grant greater player control over their modifiers (say, make Kuva rolls unlock modifiers to select from, and another Kuva use to cycle weapon instead modifiers) and removing random levels of the modifier and tying disposition into number of modifiers instead, while simultaneously making it so that the modifiers count as the respective mod so the Riven is more like a combo mod (so no stacking multishot even further for example).

Maiming Strike is probs much harder, since Rivens are such an outlier element 99% of the time due to their layers of unpredictability, in Maiming Strike you take a 100% known broken factor and change it and everyone riding it gets mad (so instead all melee is punished with changes to punchthrough and melee, though that ultimately was a fairly benign change and didn't really affect Maiming Strike that much since it just meant you can't use a massive range melee weapon around a corner).

In case of rivens, it really feels more like whoever came up with the idea was something of a one-man-show on the matter, got that thing in and then either left or grew disinterested with it so now it's more of a disruptive legacy feature that failed in its intented purpose spectacularly (goal: Uplift underpowered weapons, reality: Megalift weapons that were powerful but unpopular or just below top tier, or which got a new top tier variant after the fact).

PS: The Tony Hawk thing is actually pretty easy, it's just a matter of rote repetition once you figure out your favourite easy way to spam 3000 point tricks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom