Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Myobi

Liturgist
Wait, hang on, I though it was Appleton who was behind this…

Why the fuck is Proctor bringing up the refunds as if he had anything to do with it?

What filthy attention whore… fucking shameless…
Thats pretty much my feelings- That post is worded in such a way to elicit the idea that "hey guys, we're paying you back- now back to work on the game!" when the 'we' is just Jim and he hasnt so much as sent a single T-shirt regardless of the slew of promises he made all over the web.... "If I can only send 1 T-shirt/month i'll do it to make it right to the backers!!!"

I never faulted him personally for not following through because his mouth wrote way more checks than his bank account could cash and even though everyone and their mother could look at the circumstances and see that the second Jim and Joel took the "rights" to GM it would be dead in the water and all that money lost- He didnt see it.

He has to see that it looks like hes taking credit for the repayment- The first thing I asked him when I read that post is "you're back working with jason?" because thats the impression it gives (or to someone not following this mess it gives the impression he is fulfilling his responsibility). Theres no fucking way that the wording and the timing of this is just coincidence.

This is shady x 1000- The entire thing.

I hope he gets the credit, attention and publicity he is obviously after.

He couldn’t even be arced taking new screen shots… what he was advertising last month as “Rise of Heroes” is now on the fucking website as “Greed Monger”, how many times has he already re-announced the fucking thing by now? He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t care, he has no shame, as long as he keeps getting attention for roleplaying as a fucking game developer, he will just keep going at it.

Thankfully his to much of a broke ass to throw this junk at Steam Direct

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Wait, hang on, I though it was Appleton who was behind this…

Why the fuck is Proctor bringing up the refunds as if he had anything to do with it?

What filthy attention whore… fucking shameless…
Thats pretty much my feelings- That post is worded in such a way to elicit the idea that "hey guys, we're paying you back- now back to work on the game!" when the 'we' is just Jim and he hasnt so much as sent a single T-shirt regardless of the slew of promises he made all over the web.... "If I can only send 1 T-shirt/month i'll do it to make it right to the backers!!!"

I never faulted him personally for not following through because his mouth wrote way more checks than his bank account could cash and even though everyone and their mother could look at the circumstances and see that the second Jim and Joel took the "rights" to GM it would be dead in the water and all that money lost- He didnt see it.

He has to see that it looks like hes taking credit for the repayment- The first thing I asked him when I read that post is "you're back working with jason?" because thats the impression it gives (or to someone not following this mess it gives the impression he is fulfilling his responsibility). Theres no fucking way that the wording and the timing of this is just coincidence.

This is shady x 1000- The entire thing.

I hope he gets the credit, attention and publicity he is obviously after.

He couldn’t even be arced taking new screen shots… what he was advertising last month as “Rise of Heroes” is now on the fucking website as “Greed Monger”, how many times has he already re-announced the fucking thing by now? He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t care, he has no shame, as long as he keeps getting attention for roleplaying as a fucking game developer, he will just keep going at it.

Thankfully his to much of a broke ass to throw this junk at Steam Direct
Yeah man, I have no idea what to say here-

Up until now ive been of the mindset that intent trumps outcome and if you believe something its not a lie- There are also circumstances here that have hindered realistic planning and evaluation and acceptance of ones own skill along with (evidently) the ability to ascertain future probability by looking at past failure.

None of this situation is logical but like I said, there are also circumstances that make me far more sympathetic towards the entire, maddening fucking cycle.

But enough is enough- This shit crossed the line and the intent looks clear and shady as fuck. This was wrong on a thousand levels. I'm not sympathetic to anyone who starts with intent to deceive- Not to mention this cycle has went on way too fucking long and no matter how many conversations we have, he refuses to accept reality.

"I didnt know" is no longer an excuse- You deal with peoples money and hopes and continue to say things (and not do them) only to pop back up saying new things you fail to do and expect no accountability ever. Like people are supposed to give you chance #1567 only to have you not follow through and be back in a week asking for chance #1568. The people who care about you and want to see you avoid massive trouble are done arguing...

This could potentially be the spark that leads to real problems- You are playing an adult game with people who lost real money (and someone paying that money back to the tune of possibly 6 figures) and are taking credit for paying back money you had nothing to do with. Your "business" isnt even registered under a simple DBA and now you want greed monger back in the limelight.

This is fucked up dude and unlike facebook you cannot just delete posts.

If you get lucky somehow and this shit goes away and Appleton doesnt come after you now for breach of contract (I'm sure he kept his copy) then I hope youre not back asking for chance #1569 next month. You need to fucking stop this shit.

Jason isnt paying back $100k because "its the right thing to do" and he wants to allow for you to work on greed monger without people bothering you about pesky things like backer rewards and a finished game or money. Hes paying it back to clear his name and bury this fucking thing- He is associated with it and hes paying to make this go away- And here you come bringing it back now that you think hes paid your debt.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Jason isnt paying back $100k because "its the right thing to do" and he wants to allow for you to work on greed monger without people bothering you about pesky things like backer rewards and a finished game or money. Hes paying it back to clear his name and bury this fucking thing- He is associated with it and hes paying to make this go away- And here you come bringing it back now that you think hes paid your debt.

Touché ~ yet Proctor is to much of a fucking moron to just keep his mouth shut.

I'm Mr Meeseeks, look at me! kind of moron... you know the sad part of this shit? Is that if Proctor finds a way to fuck himself legally, it's his mother who ends up paying for it, not him.

rakknock

Novice

http://greedmonger.net/2018/10/12/greed-monger-update/

Oi, GM_JamesPro Contact MassivelyOP and get a interview telling your side of the story(a tell all), release all the documentation, everything that was signed and released to you, The GDD, dont worry the project file itself(middle-ware assets/Art licenses), release everything on the Greed Monger website(Do not take the site down outright, its apart of MMO history and a warning for the future). These documents/plans were pressumably developed by Mr.Appleton correct? When releasing all Greed Monger assets to be publicly visible, any garnered publicity that has you at the center will shift to Jason and his poor skills in the realm of Game Dev and that he may have been very unfit for the role of managing the project. This will allow for you to fade out quietly after the interview, as the publicity flame that was reignited recently can be saved and shifted to elsewhere. It also allows you to have a redemption story if you ever release a game quietly and then promote it once it is released, as you are a familar name/affilation in this Niche.

MassivelyOP will take the interview exlcusive, as Kickstarter MMOs they love talking about, good or bad. They like to create a general knowledge release. If you release Game Development documention and other notable planning/management you be the 1st of your kind scoop, and everyone will start to talk more and more about Jason in every aspect of the project.

Myobi DarKPenguiN I'll see you guys in 4-8 Months maybe a year when the next mention of Greed Monger happens when in my opinion Jason eventually gets caught up in something bigger possibly a form of fraud but that is speculation. Then he has to do a tell-all of his history and past(I cant wait for the swinger story details).

Last edited:

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aaand it's dead. Again. This time for reals! (yeah right)

http://greedmonger.net/2018/10/12/greed-monger-update/

GREED MONGER UPDATE
by JamesProctor> in Uncategorized - 12 October 2018

A few days ago I made a very rash decision. When some people in a community found out I was involved with Greed Monger they asked me out right if I intended to try and revive Greed Monger using the framework that the Discord Community was for. At first I said flat out no I had no desire to try and rebuild Greed Monger. I was planning on doing my own thing and wanted to stay clear of Greed Monger. I however set out to see what I had left of Greed Monger and found all of our Documentation that we had, our Game Design Document, spread sheets, ect. I looked over them and got to thinking that now that Jason was refunding the KickStarter money this was my chance to reinvision what Greed Monger was. Simplify it down to it’s core foundation, release it, and then post launch expand it and build it into something potentially special or at least something that my Friends and I could be happy playing together if nothing more.

So I decided to give it a shot. Commit to building a working prototype and throughout that process see what the response was going to be from the community. If the response was positive then take it beyond the prototype and if it was mostly negative then just end it right there. Well it didn’t take long to see what the response was going to be. I didn’t stop to think about how it would look or what the result would be from those close to me. I should have put much more planning into it and not been so rash in my decision to attempt to rebuild Greed Monger. So on that note after looking at the Facebook Group numbers, Looking at the website response, Looking at the responses on different forums, and listening to what those around me have to say I have to say there is no hope for Greed Monger. Greed Monger’s days have come and gone, the ship has sailed. The Community has either moved on to other games or they have turned completely against Greed Monger which I totally get. At this point even if someone were able to pick up the Greed Monger IP and run with it the game wouldn’t be financially sustainable because of all of the bad blood surrounding it. So with that said this time IS the final dieing breath of Greed Monger. Sorry for having wasted your time and hope you all have found other virtual homes and lands to conquer. The site will officially be going dark in a few days once this post was up for long enough.
So back to RoH I guess lol

Myobi

Liturgist
The typical Proctor sob story….

This isn’t about his “friends”, or the “community”, or the fucking children.

We have been over this shit before, we are on the 3rd or 4th time that he re-announces Greed Monger (…and Rise of Heroes), the result is always the same, all his “MMOs” are the same pile of shitty assets, he just keeps renaming it back and forth to whatever feels convenient. Just last month he was here advertising Rise of Heroes, going on how he wouldn’t give up on it, but since no one gave a flying fuck about it, he re-named it back to Greed Monger to get those juicy Massively OP articles going, but surprise, surprise, look at the amount of hate it came with it.

Angthoron

Arcane
It also allows you to have a redemption story if you ever release a game quietly and then promote it once it is released, as you are a familar name/affilation in this Niche.

Lol. But please stop baiting him into making more games. Please.

MassivelyOP will take the interview exlcusive, as Kickstarter MMOs they love talking about, good or bad. They like to create a general knowledge release. If you release Game Development documention and other notable planning/management you be the 1st of your kind scoop, and everyone will start to talk more and more about Jason in every aspect of the project.
They have design docs???

This thread:

Taojnhy

Novice
GREED MONGER UPDATE
by JamesProctor> in Uncategorized - 12 October 2018

A few days ago I made a very rash decision. When some people in a community found out I was involved with Greed Monger they asked me out right if I intended to try and revive Greed Monger using the framework that the Discord Community was for. At first I said flat out no I had no desire to try and rebuild Greed Monger. I was planning on doing my own thing and wanted to stay clear of Greed Monger. I however set out to see what I had left of Greed Monger and found all of our Documentation that we had, our Game Design Document, spread sheets, ect. I looked over them and got to thinking that now that Jason was refunding the KickStarter money this was my chance to reinvision what Greed Monger was. Simplify it down to it’s core foundation, release it, and then post launch expand it and build it into something potentially special or at least something that my Friends and I could be happy playing together if nothing more.

So I decided to give it a shot. Commit to building a working prototype and throughout that process see what the response was going to be from the community. If the response was positive then take it beyond the prototype and if it was mostly negative then just end it right there. Well it didn’t take long to see what the response was going to be. I didn’t stop to think about how it would look or what the result would be from those close to me. I should have put much more planning into it and not been so rash in my decision to attempt to rebuild Greed Monger. So on that note after looking at the Facebook Group numbers, Looking at the website response, Looking at the responses on different forums, and listening to what those around me have to say I have to say there is no hope for Greed Monger. Greed Monger’s days have come and gone, the ship has sailed. The Community has either moved on to other games or they have turned completely against Greed Monger which I totally get. At this point even if someone were able to pick up the Greed Monger IP and run with it the game wouldn’t be financially sustainable because of all of the bad blood surrounding it. So with that said this time IS the final dieing breath of Greed Monger. Sorry for having wasted your time and hope you all have found other virtual homes and lands to conquer. The site will officially be going dark in a few days once this post was up for long enough.

Translation: now that Appleton has, in some fashion, been refunding donations I saw this as an opportunity to take all the assets that I had acquired to make the game in the first place and try to make the game and sell it for pure profit. But, once people got wind of this, the uproar was enough to convince me that enough people saw right through my cynical token attempt and I have since had to backpedal hard enough to power my house. Now Plan B is to do anything else knowing full well that if someone should bring up GM again I can say, "Oh, no, all the donations were refunded; I'm totes in the clear!"

EJoe

Educated
James,
Have you considered taking a computer-science course and learn programming, formally?

You'd do a lot better doing coding if you had a college diploma or someone to coach you for a year.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
James,
Have you considered taking a computer-science course and learn programming, formally?

You'd do a lot better doing coding if you had a college diploma or someone to coach you for a year.
I believe he should do exactly that.

James is a really intelligent guy and could really do pretty much anything if he's willing to put the time and effort in.
He frustrates the fuck out of me sometimes but I've never doubted his intellect

People look at the surface and what they see and they make logical judgments. The problem is they are basing those judgments on an incomplete picture.

He should absolutely be in school for programming or IT or some type of tech shit, learning a foundation and building from there- He'd do well.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
I've created a youtube channel all about Indie MMO Development using Unity3d. I create tutorials on how to use different MMO middleware for Unity and discuss topics such as Kickstarter and Community Building.

In the future I'll be doing a tell all series on what I believe went wrong with the Infamous Greed Monger from the perspective of someone who was on the inside during the entire time. As well as doing interviews with MMO Developers, content creators, and publishers with in the Indie MMO Scene.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/UnityMMODevelopers

Factions: Rise of Heroes Prototype test game play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95rzVWj0p50

45434377_2032854600338654_2021284718430912512_n.jpg

I am also creating a prototype which will be released for testing to our Discord Server and tutorials will be created for the channel based on the work being done on the prototype.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Myobi

Liturgist
Those who can, do; those who can't, "teach".

Dear fucking lord, it just never ends.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
The Greed Monger tell all series will be starting up the first week in December. It will be a weekly upload on the channel and will be 15 to 20 minutes long for each video.

Myobi

Liturgist
The Greed Monger tell all series will be starting up the first week in December. It will be a weekly upload on the channel and will be 15 to 20 minutes long for each video.

You are trying really hard to get yourself fucked, ain't you?

Myobi

Liturgist
Nope... I feel there is a lot to be learned from the experience and I'm sharing... Nothing wrong with that.

You bloody derpy derp, most people have enough common sense to avoid doing the same dumb shit that you and Appleton have done, it takes someone really, REALLY special, a special kind of special, kind of person to download a free game engine, glue some assets together and think:

“Oh my fucking god, I’m such a sugoi game developer! Better do a Kickstarter for a fucking MMORPG!”

You have one fucking friend here, one, and it’s a fucking penguin, a black one even. Just a couple of posts ago he stood up for you, and told us how intelligent you supposedly are… a couple of weeks, it’s how long it took you to show up and prove otherwise by completely ignoring his good (fucking god-like actually) advice to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM GREED MONGER, YOU DUMB FUCKING TWAT, stick to your lego or whatever you were working on.

I understand it’s the only thing that gives you the attention you so much crave for, but you go on and on, rubbing salt on the people who were dumb enough to believe in your stupid crap, on top of it, you had Appleton paying it all back just to get ride of it, and here you are, just begging for that apple flavored dick to fuck you in the ass… fucking hell dude.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom