Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game with the best evil playthrough?

Gregz

Arcane
OK so we're doing this, please post your suggestions below:

1. Gregz:
    game with best evil playthrough?
  2. Gregz:
    should be a poll...
  3. Gregz:
    but I don't know what games to put in the poll
  4. Kev Inkline:
    just do an open poll first
  5. Gregz:
    too lazy, am curious tho
  6. Kev Inkline:
    collect answers, and make a 2nd poll
EDIT:

Last edited:

nobre

Cipher
Two suggestions.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura: So much evil stuff to do here. Unleash Half-Orc rebellion, Necromancy, double and triple crossing, side with the Dark Elves, slaughter a peaceful village, or just kill everyone on sight and still complete the game.

Deus Ex: Just go full Terminator on everyone for funny results.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Dungeon Keeper was quite satisfying in that regard.

Mistreating your servants, killing and torturing heroes in shining armors, summoning the Reaper and unleashing it upon your enemies, that was fun.

v1rus

Arcane
MotB def.

I also found corrupting your companions into Dark Jedi in Kotor 2 to be extremely fulfilling.

deuxhero

Arcane
Definitely Mask of the Betrayer. It actually ties into the epic level of the campaign and avoids the derp of evil=aggro everyone by making the NPCs too afraid to deal with you as they know damn well you'd do worse than kill them if they tried.

Funposter

Arcane
KOTOR 2 due to companion corruption (as previously posted) and also for the ability to spam Force Lightning with impunity. I think it's the only game I've ever played where I instinctively lean towards evil choices.

DemonKing

Arcane
KOTOR when you get to force your Wookie companion to kill his best friend cute lil' ol' Mission because of his lifedebt to you - also ability to spam force lightning as mentioned above...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That depends what you mean by evil playtrought. Nice evil character? Or criminal?

You could nuclear bomb a town in Fallout, or be evil and support that ghoul woman.

There you have one evil character.

That mage that changed himself to cabinet (in Baldur's Gate) just to store women underwear was also pretty evil.
And then we have Trevor from GTA V.

But let's look at recent games I played that allowed evil playtrough.

Dark Souls had decent evil ending, better than regular ending actually.
Demonicon well, you play as evil character and it doesn't suck.
Kings Bounty Dark Side. Refreshing game about revenge of a vampire (or one of two other starting characters).
Prey 2017. Allows doing stuff.
Princess Edge Dragonstone. Naked evil princess broke from imprisonment grabbed a sword nearby, and she's completely kickass and wants pay them back. What not to like? Aside of graphic, simplistic story, and it's not RPG.
Seinarukana lost alternative route in english version, and I'm not sure if it counts.
Shogun 2 obliterating shogun and getting shogunate to yourself is so evil. And enjoyable.
Silent Storm. You are playing as Abwher section... You know Nazi. Not much choices and consequences or Roleplaying elements.
Solium Infernum decent game, just too simple and short.
Space Pirates and Zombies. Yea this one is also nice.
Tropico 4 Modern times DLC. You can get 3rd super secret ending. Quite nice when you do evil playtrough.
Overlord has VERY enjoyable gameplay. Evil only.

Also Disgaea I and II had enjoyable evil playtrough, as long as you could stomach grind.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Lotta fun evil choices in FO2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom