Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

bataille

Arcane
I thought alchemical boni to AC always stack, like alchemical stat boni.

Another reason why they're so OP. But I think it's cool.
It's not an alchemical bonus. There's no such thing as an 'alchemical natural armor bonus'. It's just a natural armor bonus.

Also:

bonus
[boh-nuhs]
noun, plural bo·nus·es.

It's fucking bonuses. Bonuses. Not boni. For the love of god.

Someone's missed their Latin classes...

Yosharian

Arcane

It's not an alchemical bonus. There's no such thing as an 'alchemical natural armor bonus'. It's just a natural armor bonus.

Also:

bonus
[boh-nuhs]
noun, plural bo·nus·es.

It's fucking bonuses. Bonuses. Not boni. For the love of god.
BTW it's plural "boni" in latin.
Fuck's sake

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bonus PLURAL BONUSES
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bonus PLURAL BONUSES
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/bonus PLURAL BONUSES

learn the fucking English language you cunts

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm well aware how armor boni work in D&D. I'm aware also how certain ones aren't meant to stack.

I'm merely saying in this game, Alchemical boni do seem to stack in general, whether they're ability score enhancement or natural armor.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
1.1 is out. Just looking at the changelogs since release, then looking at 1.1 changelog and reading the mention of a 1.2 patch for christmas with more than 200 known fixes... And some people claim this game is suitable for normal people....

I am going to play this in a year+.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I can't believe this keeps popping up in such a highly monocled environment as the Codex undoubtedly is.

Bonus is pig-Latin, proper Latin would be using the substantivized adjective in its neutral form (bonum, plural bona).
Bonus as a substantivized adjective means 'good person/good man', not 'good thing' (that would be bonum).

So bonus in the way it's used should be treated as an English word.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I can't believe this keeps popping up in such a highly monocled environment as the Codex undoubtedly is.

Bonus is pig-Latin, proper Latin would be using the substantivized adjective in its neutral form (bonum, plural bona).
Bonus as a substantivized adjective means 'good person/good man', not 'good thing' (that would be bonum).

So bonus in the way it's used should be treated as an English word.
Some languages might have adopted the usage of a plural Latin form for words that are derived from Latin. That doesn't necessarily mean that these words themselves are the same original Latin words just that a language allows an alternative form of plural because of their origin. I believe at least some Germanic languages allow usage of "boni" as the plural to "bonus". Both "die bonusse" and "die boni" are acceptable forms in German AFAIK, I might be wrong about that. I'd need a German native speaker to confirm but that's what the German Wiktionary claims.
In English on the other hand, it doesn't seem to be the case, certainly not for the word "bonus" anyway. It's just an English word with plural "bonuses".

I'm saying all this because that might be the source of confusion here. We have tons of foreigner posters (myself included) and they might sometimes tend to copy the rules of their native languages into English.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
new bugs i didnt have before, e.g. you cant loot certain containers because no loot icon appears instead you have the inspect icon (doesnt matter if you have inspect on or off)

in german both plural forms Bonusse and Boni are valid (Boni is more commonly used I think)

natural armor stack if it's from different sources, e.g. the natural armor from say a certain race stacks with enchancement bonus to NA like barkskin

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
)

natural armor stack if it's from different sources, e.g. the natural armor from say a certain race stacks with enchancement bonus to NA like barkskin

Incorrect. The source is irrelevant. Barkskin is a completely different bonus to Nat Armor, that's why it stacks with Nat Armor.

Edit: are you really this stupid? Here's the PnP information on how Natural Armor stacking works, for the second time:

A natural armor bonus improves armor class resulting from a creature’s naturally tough hide. Natural armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to armor class (even with armor bonuses) except other natural armor bonuses. Some magical effects (such as the barkskin spell) grant an enhancement bonus to the creature’s existing natural armor bonus, which has the effect of increasing the natural armor’s overall bonus to armor class. A natural armor bonus doesn’t apply against touch attacks.

Here, I'll help you by enlarging the important parts so your brain can cope:

Natural armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to armor class (even with armor bonuses) except other natural armor bonuses.

except other natural armor bonuses.

Some magical effects (such as the barkskin spell) grant an enhancement bonus to the creature’s existing natural armor bonus

an enhancement bonus

You have to be a complete retard not to understand the basic English in this.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
so alchemist mutagen +2 natural armor stacks with other sources of natural armor like barkskin?
Barkskin provides an Enhancement to Natural Armor. It's not the same as a Natural Armor bonus.

Edit: hello again VentilatorOfCan'tReadFuckingEnglish!

Barkskin toughens a creature’s skin. The effect grants a +2 enhancement bonus to the creature’s existing natural armor bonus. This enhancement bonus increases by 1 for every three caster levels above 3rd, to a maximum of +5 at 12th level.

The enhancement bonus provided by barkskin stacks with the target’s natural armor bonus, but not with other enhancement bonuses to natural armor. A creature without natural armor has an effective natural armor bonus of +0.

enhancement bonus to the creature’s existing natural armor bonus.

enhancement bonus

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm well aware how armor boni work in D&D. I'm aware also how certain ones aren't meant to stack.

I'm merely saying in this game, Alchemical boni do seem to stack in general, whether they're ability score enhancement or natural armor.
It's a Pathfinder game for fuck's sake.

This is like someone making a computer chess game where the Bishops don't move horizontally, and then saying WELL IN THIS GAME THE BISHOPS MOVE DIFFERENTLY

I do find it interesting how you went from

to

I'm well aware how armor boni work in D&D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom