Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A very weird memory of a dreams about fallout that was never made.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys,this is a pretty weird thread,curious if you have similar experiences.

So i just wake up after very weird dream. It was about how i was wondering about what to reinstall and thinking about that fallout game,it was the one after fallout 3 and i had lukewarm feelings about. Yet it was better than the rest of the FPS rpgs and had its interesting moments,in the end i decided to install it.
I remembered that it was a winter and some war between factions. You still had the same weapons,vat system,good shooting like in FO4,power armours and discovering places on the map. It felted that the engine was closer to fallout 4 but better,there was vehicles and bigger battles. The tone was strangely a lot more serious. You still had the open world exploration and choosing from different military factions etc etc. There was all kind of unsavoury experiments and mutants,also areas radiated by the nukes and soldiers knowing that they will die from the radiation yet still fighting. It felt like the game was about an strangled army just after the falling of the nukes.

When i woke up i remembered that i had dreamed about this game a few times before. It is really strange feeling....like having memories of another person that played and enjoyed the game in another life or dimension. It is weird,can't put my finger on it,it feels so real that i even get annoyed that i never really played the game. I still have vague memories about meeting NPCs,quests,weird places filled with mutants,faction and even the end battle of my chosen faction. Those memories feel like that ones from a game played a decade ago,you just have that nostalgic memory of a certain segment of the game that brought you smile or scare back then.

Anyone else with similar story/memory?

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
I've played many unreleased bethesda fallout games. Each were powered by an engine only an incel could love.
The worlds were filled with the usual repetitive shallow confusing bullshit.

The games played always halfassedly in some unwarranted arbitrarily closed system with zero elaboration to boot.
Nothing of consequence ever happened except when bugs randomly slowed down the game.

It was a fate worse than hell. The products were designed to be forgotten.

No meaning, no thrills, just disappointment.

The last thing I tested required you to buy bethesda's own video card brand just to beat the end game. It was minimum 500USD.
It only performed well on bethesda games, and only because they flip a bit in memory to permit better performance.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

So i just wake up after very weird dream. It was about how i was wondering about what to reinstall and thinking about that fallout game,it was the one after fallout 3 and i had lukewarm feelings about. Yet it was better than the rest of the FPS rpgs and had its interesting moments,in the end i decided to install it.
I remembered that it was a winter and some war between factions. You still had the same weapons,vat system,good shooting like in FO4,power armours and discovering places on the map. It felted that the engine was closer to fallout 4 but better,there was vehicles and bigger battles. The tone was strangely a lot more serious. You still had the open world exploration and choosing from different military factions etc etc. There was all kind of unsavoury experiments and mutants,also areas radiated by the nukes and soldiers knowing that they will die from the radiation yet still fighting. It felt like the game was about an strangled army just after the falling of the nukes.

When i woke up i remembered that i had dreamed about this game a few times before. It is really strange feeling....like having memories of another person that played and enjoyed the game in another life or dimension. It is weird,can't put my finger on it,it feels so real that i even get annoyed that i never really played the game. I still have vague memories about meeting NPCs,quests,weird places filled with mutants,faction and even the end battle of my chosen faction. Those memories feel like that ones from a game played a decade ago,you just have that nostalgic memory of a certain segment of the game that brought you smile or scare back then.

Well was it a good game?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well was it a good game?
It was interesting...better than Fallout 3&4. It was very serious,felt like a game about the misery of WW1.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know these kinds of dreams, I have them occasionally too. Playing some game that feels strangely familiar even though it doesn't exist in reality, and it has some really great aspects, and in the first moments after waking up I really want to reinstall it before realizing that it doesn't actually exist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom