Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Elex

Arbiter
expedition: THQ buy the planet

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But hey it's not like they sold to one of those companies with a track record of running things into the ground so maybe it works out. Can't remember what that small publisher's name was a few years back who had just an awful reputation. One of them even posted here :lol:

You're probably thinking of the defunct bitComposer (or "shitComposter" as they were memorably referred to in Grunker's 2013 interview with them), who published Expeditions: Conquistador and were also going to publish Chaos Chronicles. Funny how it's all come back together this week.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But hey it's not like they sold to one of those companies with a track record of running things into the ground so maybe it works out. Can't remember what that small publisher's name was a few years back who had just an awful reputation. One of them even posted here :lol:

You're probably thinking of the defunct bitComposer (or "shitComposter" as they were memorably referred to in Grunker's 2013 interview with them), who published Expeditions: Conquistador and were also going to publish Chaos Chronicles. Funny how it's all come back together this week.

Didn't THQ Nordic get all of bC's loot?

nobre

Cipher
Let's hope they do some optimization this time.

Now onto speculation about setting

Expeditions: Sea Peoples
Expeditions: Anabasis
Expeditions: Die Groote Trek (never, lol)
Expeditions: Mongol
Expeditions: Vandal

:shredder:

Repressed Homosexual
To what extent does the Danish government provide subsidies or tax cuts to game developers?

It must be very significant.

Remember that Denmark has the highest tax in the world, a whopping 45.9 % of GDP

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
There's a public fund for game development that you can apply for, but the fund is not very big and not everyone that apply get picked. The fund is also part of a larger fund meant primarily for the film industry, and the small amount of the fund set aside for the game industry is disproportionate to the large amount of money the it generates. We got part of the fund for Viking (https://www.dfi.dk/branche-og-stoette/stoette/stottede-spil-vinter-2016).

Repressed Homosexual
There's a public fund for game development that you can apply for, but the fund is not very big and not everyone that apply get picked. The fund is also part of a larger fund meant primarily for the film industry, and the small amount of the fund set aside for the game industry is disproportionate to the large amount of money the it generates. We got part of the fund for Viking (https://www.dfi.dk/branche-og-stoette/stoette/stottede-spil-vinter-2016).

So it's not like for instance Quebec, where game studios get 35% tax breaks to compensate for each employee's salary?

It is also coupled with some of the lowest housing costs of any major Western city, when speaking about Montreal.

It is no wonder they have such a huge advantage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Adjust your expectations. Now that the IP is owned by a publisher, they're probably less likely to make something very weird/exotic, no?

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wasn't Vikings already made because it's a more commonly popular setting compared to Conquistador, to reach a broader audience?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Now that the IP is owned by a publisher, they're probably less likely to make something very weird/exotic, no?
I disagree, THQ Nordic I feel is a publisher that is willing to fund basically anything, as long as it arrives on time and doesn't go over budget. Just look at the contrast between the Deep Silver-funded Risen 2 and 3 and the THQ Nordic published ELEX.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Wasn't Vikings already made because it's a more commonly popular setting compared to Conquistador, to reach a broader audience?
Given Logic Artists are a Danish studio, I'd like to think the decision was influenced more by their passion for the subject matter.

My money is on the Crusades. Even though maybe thats too controversial.
Nordic published This is the Police 1 & 2, which regularly deal with drugs, rape, torture, etc. And then there's events like these:

30lkpbt.png

Needless to say, they're great games. :greatjob:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

I assumed it was because the developers are Danish

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom