Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They had Unity staff directly assisting them with the game's lighting and gave a talk about it at Unite Berlin 2018. I'm pretty sure they were official customers.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Irrelevant

Except that it's not irrelevant. It goes to show how much faith they had in what they were doing.

Buy a full license with Unity support and less commissions to pay, or use the free shit for the % of profit off the sales scheme Unity has.

Zep--

Perhaps they were thinking they'd have to give less money to Unity, since on a free license, it's % per sale.

Max Heap

Arcane
Alright, I played another two hours.
I think I maxed out my reputation with the expedition. At least the bar says 725 out of 225.
I guess that's good enough. Anyway I also found another bunch of bugs. Too many to mention right now.
One of the more noteable ones was a dead lizardman getting stuck in a porticullis.

abDFaqh.jpg

Nothing too special, but I couldn't open that thing anymore, so I had to find another way around.
Isn't it great when every single object in the world is physics based??

Also, the fish incident I mentioned isn't an isolated case.
In fact it works for each an every single recuring gather quest.

In the very beginning of the game I cancelled a gather quest for reaper fruits. After doing all other expedition missions in Upper Erebus and the Underswamp I got to do that mission again. About four times!
But it was okay, because I just hopped through the portal, dropped the reaper fruits I just gathered in the last mission, collected them again and got out through the portal right at the beginning of upper erebus. What was good about it was the reward of 200 silver coins each time I did that. Or at least I would say that if money was good for anything in this game.

Anyway, I'm now at Titan's Reacharound and the framerate is way below the beltline.

But one last positive note! I believe I finally found something that fully captures the very essence of this game:

n47vjK4.jpg

Hines

Savant
An Otherside rep revealed that they paid for the last months of development out their own pocket. 505 clearly wasn't interested in supporting another delay. Can you imagine what shape the game would've been in without it? This should've been cancelled.

For the record, as we got closer to September we realized we needed more time too. We paid out of pocket for the extra two months of development time.

https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=6201.msg35490#msg35490

Max Heap

Arcane
I fucking knew it.
I said they'd go into contract re-negotiations in August!
I just thought 505 went teeth-gnashingly along!

cadmin

Barely Literate
I read about the game here, thought hey it's releasing today so I bought it. I'm not generally interested in rpgs since Morrowind and Fallout (Though I tried to like them).

So, what can I say about this game?
It's really really unfinished. There no indication on how to join a faction, so I just do mission after mission. Once I completed a mission without doing anything (straight back to turn in).
The first two dungeons were ok, was it not for the fact that you repeat multiple missions in the same dungeon. Get yourself a pair of boots of hermes, now. You gain 2x speed. Armor doesn't matter that much.
I must say though that I had a nice time in the third dungeon. It's so weird that it feels like I'm jumping around and climbing in places that they did not intend me to, yet they did... So it's strangely alluring.

But, there are so many bugs. Arrow's collide in mid air. Rogues simply vanish each time they see you, would be impossible to kill as melee. Stuff disappear in many ways. You can die from crouching under a fence.
I think this video I recorded sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWjB14A0ErA
I would probably buy it for half the price at the moment, and perhaps in the future. It's just feels so unfinished.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
There is a hotfix, fwiw.

Hotfix 1.02
  • Russian text previously displayed missing text as blocks. This has been fixed.
  • Subtitles were added in the intro sequence for certain languages (French, Chinese, etc).
  • Partial French VO has been removed.
  • Faction Influences have been adjusted so more is gained from Side Bounties and the total required to unite the factions is lower.
  • Item names and descriptions have been updated in Japanese.
  • Additional monitor aspect ratio support added, like 21:9 (note that the UI may stretch in certain areas).
  • Player spellbook entries are preserved between levels.
  • Fixed issue where a pile of items incorrectly spawned at the start of some levels.
  • Player sound effects removed between loading screens.
  • In-Game Language choice preserved between play sessions. (Note that the Graffiti on walls will remain in the original language until you enter a new level).
  • MAGIC FIST spell now visibly causes an impact reaction on enemies.
  • Added more logging to help gather data on crash bugs

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
at this point i'm pretty sure they just released it as is in the hope that it would become a meme game and thus successful

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
That's the final enemy? :lol::lol::lol:
They trimmed the game down to almost nothing and still didn't have the money to finish it :negative:

Curratum

Mind you, the first 13 minutes of the 21 min speedrun are the unskippable tutorial levels. He enters the main safe hub after 12:XX.

Curratum

He's setting himself up for a fall, because every stream I've watched turns into a glitch-ridden laugh-along fest some 40 minutes in.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He's setting himself up for a fall, because every stream I've watched turns into a glitch-ridden laugh-along fest some 40 minutes in.
In the first few minutes the framerate already dropped to abysmal levels, but of course he kept shutting up about it. At least he should have the balls to call out its problems.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

This isn't the whole game, is it? I mean in terms of environments and locations. Aren't there lots of environments missing like giant caves with different fauna & flora or so? (I'm not talking of the usual repetitive corridors and small rooms). Or is that really it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom