Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - now with Heretek expansion

J1M

Arcane
In terms of this game's lore... is spreading incense and prayers actually effective against Necrons because it is some form of technology (nanobots? electronic interference?) that the characters don't understand? Or is it a big joke like some of the other aspects of the setting?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In terms of this game's lore... is spreading incense and prayers actually effective against Necrons because it is some form of technology (nanobots? electronic interference?) that the characters don't understand? Or is it a big joke like some of the other aspects of the setting?

The prayers and incense are for the equipment, weapons and armors. It's either part of the normal utilisation that has been transformed in religious rituals through 10K years of forgetting how things really works or it's to appease the kinda IAs that exists in all pieces of the technology, called machine spirits.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
About 10 hours in. Love the soundtrack.

I have two characters devoted to heavy weapons (ranged). Both have the 30% crit gloves and the command points perks/traits, which are strong. Each one can remove an enemy from the map. The energy weapon buff items and the scroll that grants command points go a long way. In contrast, I have not seen much benefit to using troops beyond the basic servitor.

It is hard to tell the balance of everything just yet. I get the sense you can field multiple tech-priests, or just invest all the upgrades into a few. I wish each techpriest had its own special perk or niche, similar to Dawn of War 2 (haven’t seen anything like it).

So far, I like what I see. It does need a patch to balance the perks and items though. Some items and perks are incredibly strong (e.g., anything that grants command points and the 30% crit gloves), whereas others are just negligible.

Last edited:

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure how I feel about the dialogues. You'd expect them to be over the top like in every other 40k game, but they're just kinda goofy with Scaevola speaking in code being the biggest offender. Despite that, they don't bother me at all, so I guess they're fine?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
To my surprise i already spent a lot more time on this game than i usually allow myself in a weekend.

I am not familiar with the Warhammer 40k setting at all, but Mechanicus manages to draw me in pretty easily.

I hope these guys do well sales wise, so we can get more of this in the future (and for only 30 euros too).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
but they're just kinda goofy with Scaevola speaking in code being the biggest offender.

it's binary chatter, that's how techpriests speak

is spreading incense and prayers actually effective against Necrons because it is some form of technology (nanobots? electronic interference?) that the characters don't understand?

Rule of thumb is that in 40k nobody understands fuck all about technology, and they sincerely believe that the incense and prayers are effective against Necrons or beneficial for the macheen spirits of their equipment :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Rule of thumb is that in 40k nobody understands fuck all about technology, and they sincerely believe that the incense and prayers are effective against Necrons or beneficial for the macheen spirits of their equipment :M
It should be noted that a lot of their prayers and rituals do involve some actual technical work. Like, they don't really understand that getting dirt in your gun causes it to jam, but they still clean the guns (because dirty guns upset the macheen spirit).

Don't know if the ones in the game feature this though.

The space marine game had a really good example in its excerpt of "how to fire building sized artillery weapon", but I can't find any screenshot of it after quick googling.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Men this soundtrack is great.
Looks like I'll be sure to pick this if it hits GoG, going by the good reception.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
so when can a men expect patches to arrive

i'm actually getting increasingly eager to get and play this (inb4 horrible disappointment)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so when can a men expect patches to arrive

i'm actually getting increasingly eager to get and play this (inb4 horrible disappointment)
There already has been 5 patches or so, I think, so they are pretty responsive.
They plan to tackle balance as soon as the critical bugs are sorted, so probably in a week or so.
It sure is faster than Relic's patching pipeline :D

J1M

Arcane
Anyone else hit a bug where you enter a combat and because there is nowhere to place your troops you fail the mission?

Happened on the "Grave Goods" mission. (EDIT: Looks like it was fixed in 1.04)

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am an idiot.

All this time I thought the scan consoles could either award blackstone (scan) or reduce necron level (destroy). As I just learned, you can scan the console to obtain the blackstone, and then destroy the consoles to reduce necron level. I did not realize you could obtain both rewards.

Had I realized this sooner, I would have had more breathing room. I can now finish some missions without increasing the global necron level.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
One thing that I suspected would work out (and has) is stacking movement speed due to how it interacts with cognition. Since you can spend multiple cognition on movement each turn, it is possible to do things like move across the entire map or spend a cognition to end the turn next to a cognition generator which replenishes the expense and then puts you ahead +1 at the start of the next turn.

J1M

Arcane
I am an idiot.

All this time I thought the scan consoles could either award blackstone (scan) or reduce necron level (destroy). As I just learned, you can scan the console to obtain the blackstone, and then destroy the consoles to reduce necron level. I did not realize you could obtain both rewards.

Had I realized this sooner, I would have had more breathing room. I can now finish some missions without increasing the global necron level.
It seems like the global level increases by 3 every time. Or alternatively, going from level 1 -> 2 -> 1 -> 2 counts as the global level going up twice.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Game is a clear incline.
Upcoming patches
Hi everyone,

First we would like to thank you for your warm welcome to Mechanicus.

We read most of the topics but unfortunately we can't answer them all. We are aware of blocking bugs remaining in the game and we are fixing them as they are being reported. We apologize for those ones. Next bug fixing patch should be live within the next 24 hours.

Once the game is more stable we will focus on delivering a first balancing update.
Devs are responsive, which is rare.

Trithne

Erudite
Sounds like this turned out good?

It had honestly fallen completely off my radar tbh but now I am intrigued.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom