Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellgate: London is back AGAIN

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Do we actually know if this is the original HGL patched up, or the re-release of the girlyfied/Korean Hellgate: Global?
Hellgate: London provides a single play environment with the latest version (Version 2.0) of the Hellgate: Tokyo service.
The game provides single play optimized scenario contents and premium support items.

I imagine this is a retrofitted singleplayer version of the FTP game. But I also assume this is gonna be a paid game and they'll give you the cash shop items to compensate.

That's my prediction anyway.

Still doesn't answer my question. HGL singleplayer only was patched to 1.2. Unless they retrofitted MP 2.0 into the SP if that's even possible.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do we actually know if this is the original HGL patched up, or the re-release of the girlyfied/Korean Hellgate: Global?
Hellgate: London provides a single play environment with the latest version (Version 2.0) of the Hellgate: Tokyo service.
The game provides single play optimized scenario contents and premium support items.

I imagine this is a retrofitted singleplayer version of the FTP game. But I also assume this is gonna be a paid game and they'll give you the cash shop items to compensate.

That's my prediction anyway.

Still doesn't answer my question. HGL singleplayer only was patched to 1.2. Unless they retrofitted MP 2.0 into the SP if that's even possible.
Well the publisher is Hanbitsoft Inc, who published Hellgate: Global, and the developer for it is listed as T3Fun, which was the developer of the korean version.

I think there's your answer.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
HG Tokyo continues the story from HG London, I guess they combined both Tokyo and London storylines (heh) into one and keeps under HG London name because most people remember that one

Elex

Arbiter
I am still playing the game. HG:L is the best cRPG of our time. It makes PS:T look like the work of an amateur.
HG:L is the nameless one soul trapped in a game ( and also the nameless one sin).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That one looked so promising back then....:negative:.

It is impressive how skilled those people are at necromancery.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/939520/announcements/detail/1698315265993778339

HG:L Release Update!
8 November - HanbitSoft
1277d74192e45cb6a0a837fba35b6e23dca32f35.jpg

Heroes,

We are happy to introduce Hellgate: London Single-Player on Steam.
We would like to thank all of you for your patience. Revival of the Hellgate: London would have been impossible without your support. We wanted to provide an easy access to Hellgate: London on Steam and bring back memories of the game.

Hellgate: London Steam Version includes several modifications, which make it more exciting and interesting for both players holding a DVD-TITLE of the Hellgate and those who enjoyed Hellgate Global.

In order to make the gameplay easier we made several changes in levels of difficulty:
- Reaching levels 20 to 50 became 3 times faster.
- Effectiveness of Magic Chance acquired by hunting monsters improved by 2 times.
- Champion-class monsters appear more often.
- Decreased difficulty of Nightmare and Hell modes.

Game features
[Character]
- Maximum Level 55
- Ability to acquire Expertise Skill through Rank Level System.
- Ability to use all equipment and skills classified by 6 classes.

[Scenario]
- Main Scenario includes more than 60 quests.
- More than 300 kinds of Normal Quests that support character growth and various rewards.
- Variety of maps (London, Stonehenge, Second Attack, Abyss)

[Items]
- Over 1000 equipment items and 500 unique weapons and armors
- Ability to acquire items in the Gamble Shop.
- Item Upgrade System (Added Equipment Item Upgrade features)

Gameplay Essential items (Can be purchased with palladium obtained by hunting monsters)
- Auto analyzer, Auto dismantler, Resurrection scroll, Rader Device
- Retraining items (Attribute, Skill, Expertise skill)

Lol this is gonna be DOA.

Elex

Arbiter
https://steamcommunity.com/games/939520/announcements/detail/1698315265993778339

HG:L Release Update!
8 November - HanbitSoft
1277d74192e45cb6a0a837fba35b6e23dca32f35.jpg

Heroes,

We are happy to introduce Hellgate: London Single-Player on Steam.
We would like to thank all of you for your patience. Revival of the Hellgate: London would have been impossible without your support. We wanted to provide an easy access to Hellgate: London on Steam and bring back memories of the game.

Hellgate: London Steam Version includes several modifications, which make it more exciting and interesting for both players holding a DVD-TITLE of the Hellgate and those who enjoyed Hellgate Global.

In order to make the gameplay easier we made several changes in levels of difficulty:
- Reaching levels 20 to 50 became 3 times faster.
- Effectiveness of Magic Chance acquired by hunting monsters improved by 2 times.
- Champion-class monsters appear more often.
- Decreased difficulty of Nightmare and Hell modes.

Game features
[Character]
- Maximum Level 55
- Ability to acquire Expertise Skill through Rank Level System.
- Ability to use all equipment and skills classified by 6 classes.

[Scenario]
- Main Scenario includes more than 60 quests.
- More than 300 kinds of Normal Quests that support character growth and various rewards.
- Variety of maps (London, Stonehenge, Second Attack, Abyss)

[Items]
- Over 1000 equipment items and 500 unique weapons and armors
- Ability to acquire items in the Gamble Shop.
- Item Upgrade System (Added Equipment Item Upgrade features)

Gameplay Essential items (Can be purchased with palladium obtained by hunting monsters)
- Auto analyzer, Auto dismantler, Resurrection scroll, Rader Device
- Retraining items (Attribute, Skill, Expertise skill)

Lol this is gonna be DOA.
at least no item shop.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is NOT the Retail HGL, it's the Korean F2P MMO-Version. To their credit they stripped out all the microtransactions, which is good, but the game itself was almost untouched. Meaning you have a lot of MMO-mechanics, achievements and what not that make no sense whatsoever in a pure single player game.

The only redeeming factor is the translation. They obviously didn't use the original english files, but rather re-translated the korean version back into english, which makes for hilarious gibberish.

:lol:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Anyone even playing this?

At release I checked this out and over 1500 people were playing it. At the same time, I looked at Underworld Ascendant and it had a little over 300.

At the current time of this post about 600 for hellgate… Underworlds numbers are too low and no longer show up.

Why am I mentioning Underworld? Because it amuses me.

Harkin Hails

Novice
It had story?

Yes it did.

I played the shit out of this game in SP when it was fresh. It's a fun diablo clone.

Years later, I tried it online when they re-released it (when current developers bought the IP). It was pretty much the same game with no noticeable changes, other than more stuff to buy I guess. But it was F2P so I played for few hours and got bored.

Despite spending 40-60 hours in SP, the problem with Hellgate was that every place looked same. The locations are all same concrete buildings repeating over and over again, then the same generic sewers with random enemy encounters are repeated underground (you'll learnt he layout soon). The loot you get is nice, weapons are fun, but eventually you'll get bored of holding the left mouse button and strafing.

I am guessing the SP release on Steam is same as online release which, like I said, didn't feel any different to me. But, if you're looking for some fun solo action-RPG and have gone through games like Grim Dawn and Titan Quest, go for it.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I briefly removed the Steam version from inventory for scientific scrutiny, and found it to be offensively unbalanced. Every second normie grunt drops five rare items and then some. Zero challenge.

Just stick with the original Disc version and play on the London 2038 servers. You also get full access to the Stonehenge and Abyss DLC.

Sykar

Arcane
I briefly removed the Steam version from inventory for scientific scrutiny, and found it to be offensively unbalanced. Every second normie grunt drops five rare items and then some. Zero challenge.

Just stick with the original Disc version and play on the London 2038 servers. You also get full access to the Stonehenge and Abyss DLC.

What if you do not have those discs?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I didn't play London 2038, what's the actual difference here?
I mean, bosses dropping tons of loot doesn't really seem problematic to me.

Getting some nice loot shouldn't be a challenge in a Diablo-like.

What bothers me more is the constant mob respawning.

Last edited:

PanickedTushkano

Educated
Every second normie grunt

Sounds bad, considering that the loot was probably the best thing about HG:L. There is almost no world building whatsoever, but at least the factions are reflected in the way the itemization is done. Especially since a good amount of it is character-specific.

Guess it's time to remove it from the Steamlist then.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom