Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
In this period there is a lot of review bombings of the sacred cows...
e.g. Fallout 76, the latest entries into the Pokémon franchise...

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Here's the weekly update for the community, confirming that there will be no hotfix this week due to Thanksgiving.

Hey guys!

What a weekend, huh?

So for anyone new to the forums: welcome! Let's get some of these FAQ out of the way first:

I'm a backer and I haven't gotten an email from BackerKit with my key!
Log in using your Kickstarter credentials here: https://underworld-ascendant.backerkit.com/
Navigate to your Digital Downloads and you should see your Steam rewards!

I'm a backer and I'm missing some digital rewards. What do I do?
Certain digital rewards are being bundled by Valve and will be available as another Steam key on BackerKit. We will let you know when those are available!

We've been receiving reports of backers having problems downloading the DLC for Companion Creatures and have been working with Valve to figure out how to properly distribute these rewards, since this could affect distribution of our other digital rewards. (We think we recently discovered the issue with this, and we'll update you all when this is confirmed fixed.)

You can see the list of digital rewards' status here:
https://otherside-e.com/wp/ks-rewards-update-1-week-till-launch/

Rewards listed for "Launch" will be available as soon as we figure out the distribution issue with the Companion Creatures.
Rewards listed as "Post-Launch" will be tracked in a longer KS rewards update post either this week or the next.

I'm a KS backer but not of the ADVENTURER tier - do I get the Week 1 Companion Creatures?
Yes, but because of the distribution issues (see above), we have not distributed these yet.

I encountered a terrible bug / crash! How do I report it to you?
Please send us your output log to support@otherside-e.com .

You can find your output log on your computer here:
C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\LocalLow\OtherSide Entertainment\Underworld Ascendant\output_log.txt

If you'd like to discuss your bug reports with other players, feel free to post it here:
https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0
We'll be checking this board every day to see if any new bugs pop up, and if any of you figure out a solution we can act on!

...phew. I think that's the gist of the FAQ section.

As for this week, my biggest priorities are coordinating with all of you on what's going on behind the scenes, as well as working with 505 and Steam to make sure those digital rewards reach their backers. I'm aiming to put up an updated version of this KS Rewards post from the week before launch so it's easier to track which rewards are at what stage of development.

Many of us are working on-call this week in preparation for the Thanksgiving holidays. We've been tracking a lot of bugs and crash reports over the weekend, and that's given us a good idea of how we should be prioritizing for this week and the next. We may not have a big update this week because of Thanksgiving, but we're working on another hotfix/update for the week after.

(Keybinding preservation between save states and spellbook preservation between levels in particular are higher up on our list.)

We *did* push a hotfix on Friday, which, if you missed the update, contained these changes:
Hotfix 1.02
Russian text previously displayed missing text as blocks. This has been fixed.
Subtitles were added in the intro sequence for certain languages (French, Chinese, etc).
Partial French VO has been removed.
Faction Influences have been adjusted so more is gained from Side Bounties and the total required to unite the factions is lower.
Item names and descriptions have been updated in Japanese.
Additional monitor aspect ratio support added, like 21:9 (note that the UI may stretch in certain areas).
Player spellbook entries are preserved between levels.
Fixed issue where a pile of items incorrectly spawned at the start of some levels.
Player sound effects removed between loading screens.
In-Game Language choice preserved between play sessions. (Note that the Graffiti on walls will remain in the original language until you enter a new level).
MAGIC FIST spell now visibly causes an impact reaction on enemies.
Added more logging to help gather data on crash bugs

https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=6483.0

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
They are, but mouselook still makes you OP.

I played the originals. What the fuck is the difference bewteen "keyboard" look (which it has), and mouselook? How is it making you OP? Mouselook is a QoL feature, nothing more.

As for the "speed", that's adjustable in the config file, I have mine set to 3 and -3

Zep--

Do you really need someone to explain the advantages of mouselook?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Alright, everyone abandon ship and go help Hank Morgan finish Underworld Exporter so we can play UU1 and 2 fullscreen with mouselook. That's the best we're going to get.

For a more vanilla experience with mouselook in UW and UW2 there is this: https://github.com/JohnGlassmyer/UltimaHacks
How did I just now find out about this? I thought Exporter was the only project that added mouselook.
Just tried it out, but having an issue where turning mouselook back off (to pick up items) causes the mouse to pan uncontrollably across the screen left and right. Seems like it'd be great to play with otherwise.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

No. I need some contrarian, who for the sake of just being contrary it seems, to explain how it's Over Powered.

Zep--

Just play doom with keyboard look and then mouselook and compare the experience. Some obvious advantage of mouselook in UO would be circlestrafing around enemies and hitting them with ranged weapons making for example encounters with Gazers much easier. On the other hand it's not like combat was challenging in the first place.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

No. I need some contrarian, who for the sake of just being contrary it seems, to explain how it's Over Powered.

Zep--

Just play doom with keyboard look and then mouselook and compare the experience. Some obvious advantage of mouselook in UO would be circlestrafing around enemies and hitting them with ranged weapons making for example encounters with Gazers much easier. On the other hand it's not like combat was challenging in the first place.

All the more reason why mouselook puts you in story mode difficulty IMO.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Hm, if you have one of those missions where you have to acquire a random item, key, memora, after getting it you can hit Esc, abandon quest, you'll be in Marcaul and you can get the reward for the quest (if you don't want to go to a portal and exit normally, which I didn't after a while).

Curratum

I found the intersection of great game design with marvelous technical execution!

0HkCuoV.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I don't think there are many (if any) areas where you even have enough room to play the circle strafe dance with enemies.

Zep--

Curratum

Oi, no bashing on twitch streamers, how else would I figure out the full extent of the horror that is UA! :D

Nyast

Cipher
We streamers are sacrificing our bodies and souls for the codex residents. And oh god how my soul ( and ass ) hurts at the moment.

JBro

Arbiter
Avoidingthepuddle played a bit of this shit before flushing it a few days ago.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Crap... refunding a backer copy does not seem to be possible even though Steam says this and I meet the requirements: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6345-QIDX-7244

Steam said:
Can I still refund my pre-order after the game comes out?

Preordered games that have been released are still eligible for a refund, as long as the refund request is submitted within two weeks of the game’s release, and the game has been played for less than two hours.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crap... refunding a backer copy does not seem to be possible even though Steam says this and I meet the requirements: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6345-QIDX-7244

Steam said:

Preordered games that have been released are still eligible for a refund, as long as the refund request is submitted within two weeks of the game’s release, and the game has been played for less than two hours.

Uh.. you can only refund games you've bought through Steam.. Do you think Valve will just give you money for removing a game from your account?

You can have the game removed from your account, btw.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can't get a refund on money that's already spent. Where do you think they're going to get it?

Sadwick

Novice
I installed UA but I haven't played it yet, my cursor hasn't even come close to the icon I am scared of it.

I can't uninstall it either. It's gonna live in my pc forever.

You are braver than me.
I saw my KS key in backerkit, but haven't redeemed it yet. I'm scared of it especially after watching that BOTY video on YouTube.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Steam said:

You didnt give valve any money so how the hell are they supposed to give it back to you lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom