Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Brinko

Arcane
Somewhere frustrating and unenjoyable for "gameplay reasons".
Considering he is the ruler of Hag Graef and that is directly under Naggaroth's start pos, I have no doubt it will be annoying as fuck.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
My guess is that Malus will start either in the Frozen Wastes or in Lustia and interact with the new Skaven/Lizardmen lords in the Vortex campaign. In the Mortal Empire campaign, I could see him in Hag Graef.

Parabalus

Arcane
My guess is that Malus will start either in the Frozen Wastes or in Lustia and interact with the new Skaven/Lizardmen lords in the Vortex campaign. In the Mortal Empire campaign, I could see him in Hag Graef.

Would be nice to dump him in the Old World for the ME campaign, so that area has some Dark Elf interactions, they're all concentrated north-west.
Chaos wastes make sense considering his lore, but since he travels a bunch they could even drop him further south.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It appears to be just Fanatical putting it together, but I doubt it would've happened without CA's approval - madmen actually put together a complete version of the game you can buy.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/total-war-warhammer-complete-pack

Experience the original and critically-acclaimed Total War: WARHAMMER in all its glory with the Complete Pack, with 56% off for a limited time only. Take to the battlefield in this epic action strategy and enjoy the base game, alongside seven additional DLC, as you attempt to conquer the world by unleashing ferocious monsters and magical warriors upon opposing armies.

£43.99 £95.92

NOPE.exe

Aemar

Arcane
All TW:W DLCs are -50% off. Which one to buy? Norsca or Warriors of Chaos?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Chaos battles are fun but yeah the campaign is really barebones. The greatest difference in it is that you are not target of chaos invasions in last quarter of the game, which actually makes it easier and I personally enjoy trying to deal with chaos armies, it's a nice break up after you snowballed all campaign.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Norsca is one of the best TWW DLCs, it has a pseudo horde campaign where you do need to look after your main settlements in the north, but can then establish outposts as you rape and pillage your way south. Really cool and interesting unit roster, and the monster hunt "quests" are quite fun and fitting with the theme.

WoC are good simply because destroying the old world with armies of 8 foot tall murderous psychopaths in full plate armor is always fun, but the campaign does get very tedious very quickly as there is so little strategic management. Its just big stack battles and sieges. Norsca is far more refined. You just dont get the actual proper chaos warriors.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Norsca is one of the best TWW DLCs, it has a pseudo horde campaign where you do need to look after your main settlements in the north, but can then establish outposts as you rape and pillage your way south. Really cool and interesting unit roster, and the monster hunt "quests" are quite fun and fitting with the theme.

WoC are good simply because destroying the old world with armies of 8 foot tall murderous psychopaths in full plate armor is always fun, but the campaign does get very tedious very quickly as there is so little strategic management. Its just big stack battles and sieges. Norsca is far more refined. You just dont get the actual proper chaos warriors.

SFO helps out with the Chaos campaign and variety of course. The biggest issue, and this is true for Beastmen as well, is that it is extremely tedious to have more than one stack because the AI WILL chase you across the known world for all eternity and they WILL manage to catch you exactly within 1% movement distance.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All TW:W DLCs are -50% off. Which one to buy? Norsca or Warriors of Chaos?
What about Beastmen?
They are basically like WoC, because they, too, do not have a "normal" campaign, instead (like WoC) they are a horde.
So you just roam the landscape, pillaging where you can, but you don't build anything.

I never liked that style of campaign, so I certainly wouldn't buy it at full price. But at 50% off, I'd just grab them all. Actually, I think that's what I did back then...

Aemar

Arcane
Warriors of Chaos is one of those early faction with not much going for them campaign-wise. Norsca is overall more refined.
Pretty sure WoC will get a major overhaul in TWW3, since a lot of people are anticipating the Daemons of Chaos faction, so most likely CA will revamp the WoC as well.

Chaos battles are fun but yeah the campaign is really barebones. The greatest difference in it is that you are not target of chaos invasions in last quarter of the game, which actually makes it easier and I personally enjoy trying to deal with chaos armies, it's a nice break up after you snowballed all campaign.
The rampage style of campaigning where you try to obliterate everything in your path sounds like fun, an aspect that I think it hasn't been present in previous TW games to this degree, at least in theory. You had your horde factions back then too, but they were just unwashed human savages, whereas the WoC have taken this a step further since some of them ascended to daemonhood and are hellbent on total destruction. And then there are the misanthropic Beastmen as well.

I'll get both Norsca and WoC. By the looks of it, Norsca seems to round up some of the coolest monstrous units in the game, although I hear they have a pretty rough time in the Mortal Empires campaign due to their game mechanics and especially the elven threat.

What about Beastmen?
The content doesn't justify the price tag, so I'll most likely keep my shekels for now and buy it when the DLC will be even further discounted.

But at 50% off, I'd just grab them all. Actually, I think that's what I did back then...
Beastmen and Wood Elves DLCs are quite expensive for what they have to offer even at the current discount, while the ones that only add a couple of new LLs and units are simply not worth it.

Aemar

Arcane
I'm a completionist :lol:
cod-dlc-meme.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom