Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLCs revealed, first DLC releasing on December 6th

deuxhero

Arcane
Well Kineticists are uh... not great. They can't do much more than blasting, aren't all that great at it and what they can do beyond that doesn't really translate into a cRPG (they can fly relatively easy and Aether ones can telekenesis stuff). Well at least with the game doing all the work for you they won't be confusing to read. Summoner, Oracle, Bloodrager, Warpriest, Slayer (in roughly that order) would all be ahead of it in priority for me. Tieflings are nice if you implement the alternate racial options.

Wonder what the companion's element will be. Fire is the obvious for demonspawn, but it's also pretty bad (You're fucked as soon as anything that resists fire appears). Aether is far and away the best element, though none of it's advantage would work in Kingmaker. It can make attacks from any angle (provided you aren't in some absolutely sterile environment with nothing to throw) telekinetic theft, not needing to actually touch any of the strange shit you find in a dungeon, throwing enemies around and (as mentioned above) flying are really something you can do well in Kingmaker. They'd be brilliant in Original Sin's engine though.
stuff with touch attack is always good in P:K many enemies have insane AC but low touch AC.
and if work wit arcane trickster is going to be even more powerfull.

They didn't fix the broken AC values yet?

DemonKing

Arcane
#2 sounds vaguely interesting, #1 looks like a rip off and #3 is of no interest.

Also waiting for the bugs to get sorted out before hitting this properly.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the 3rd DLC is unappealing as it gets. i like dungeon crawl DLC, but the moment i see "endless procedurically generated" it's basically
22q9sIA.jpg

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
As I thought first DLC will contain class, but I was full hope that it would be gunslinger, not some bland elemental caster with "wannabe Air Bender" style :negative:. Also according some pathfinder PnP guides, kineticist is not only bizzare class with sucky archetypes, but also depends on his CONSTITUTION, meanwhile Tieflings favor DEX/INT classes, so we will have another "respec in different shit ASAP" or even "useless piece of shit in Capital" character. I can't fucking understand this fetish to create not working character in game, where stats are key to success, wtf. Not to mention that this companion will another annoying and edgy romantic option that plagues modern rpg. Varnhold dlc sounds nice, but endless dungeons more for people who have fetish for putting their "small party" into "big deep dunngeons". A weird fetish, but who I am, to judge them for it. Right?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Andipaladin would do shit in this module, now Hellknight otoh

Sexy Witch with familiar (maybe slightly similar to loli from Path of Exile) + Hellknight in sarevok armor "here to fuck fey right way" DLC = :d1p:
because anything that is not about playing good aligned characters is ~good~

And yes, fuck off with mini campaigns and rng dungeon, Sword Coast Tales or Watcher's Keep or gitout

The original pnp module even has ideas for extra content and level 20-25 adventuring

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Wanted an antipaladin.
Ironically Antipaladin fits to tieflings more than being a "wannabe elemental bender", maybe not for stats, but at least in style. In my opinion ofc. But many enemies are evil in this game, so Antipaladin not useful much.
Andipaladin would do shit in this module, now Hellknight otoh
Your hellknight wont do shit either, because many enemies NEUTRAL evil. Not to mention that this a prestige class and they mostly not worth a trouble in game without high level campaign.

Sexy Witch with familiar (maybe slightly similar to loli from Path of Exile) + Hellknight in sarevok armor "here to fuck fey right way"
Yeah, because ripping off oversexualized characters from Diablo clone (which better than Diablo, but still) it's all this game needs.

because anything that is not about playing good aligned characters is ~good~
Majority of evil options consist from "die *insert name*" & fight begins. As much interesting as dialogue weel in Fallout 4.
Not interesting at all.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Your hellknight wont do shit either, because many enemies NEUTRAL evil.
Main enemies of game are Chaotic you dumbfuck. Final boss is not even Evil, at all.

Also codex lore check on witches failed, but not surprising :shittydog:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm going for the season pass asap. Let's give Owlcat some funds to work with.

But I'm probably not going to play this until next year.

What? Can we please fix the friggin' base game before releasing a bunch of broke DLCs now?

Wish I'd possessed Feyd Rautha's patience... This game could be awesome when finished.

Sadly, I don't, played the game until the horribly bugged endgame House at the whatever and am now just furious seeing additional shit coming out while the base game is so f*cking horrible at the end that I can't finish my 100+ hours playthrough. (Which, I admit, I enjoyed a lot until the glaring endgame issues started showing up.)

cw8

Cipher
Shutup and take my money. Starting chapter 6 and loving Kingmaker a lot. Just add more effects to kingdom building other than artisan weapons.

Thonius

Arcane
As I thought first DLC will contain class, but I was full hope that it would be gunslinger, not some bland elemental caster with "wannabe Air Bender" style :negative:. Also according some pathfinder PnP guides, kineticist is not only bizzare class with sucky archetypes, but also depends on his CONSTITUTION, meanwhile Tieflings favor DEX/INT classes, so we will have another "respec in different shit ASAP" or even "useless piece of shit in Capital" character. I can't fucking understand this fetish to create not working character in game, where stats are key to success, wtf. Not to mention that this companion will another annoying and edgy romantic option that plagues modern rpg. Varnhold dlc sounds nice, but endless dungeons more for people who have fetish for putting their "small party" into "big deep dunngeons". A weird fetish, but who I am, to judge them for it. Right?
Ahem Vanila kinetic con based but there are sub-classes WIS and INT. And DEX is always nice to have.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Shutup and take my money. Starting chapter 6 and loving Kingmaker a lot. Just add more effects to kingdom building other than artisan weapons.

What about the countless buffs upgrading your kingdom gives you? like faster horses or immunity to poison or unlocking scouts to search for treasure and new places?

Are you sure you are on chapter 6?

cw8

Cipher

What about the countless buffs upgrading your kingdom gives you? like faster horses or immunity to poison or unlocking scouts to search for treasure and new places?

Are you sure you are on chapter 6?

Just acquired Pitax, does that count as starting Chapter 6 or chapter 5's end?
It'll be nice to see something more interactive other than passive buffs. Seeing the capital upgrade to the city look visually feels good but essentially it's the same old layout and same stuff the merchants sell.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
For my warped tastes only the first dlc is of any interest.

Perhaps most codexians would hurl at this, but I actually like a bioware style emphasis on companions, they are a big part of what makes my favorite rpgs memorable and what motivates me to do multiple playthroughs, as different companions interjections can freshen up the experience, especially if the banter is developed (which admittedly isn't the case in pathfinder but it's at least serviceable).
So from my point of view the first dlc is the only one that actually enhances the base game.

Otherwise I don't care for a short mini campaign divorced from main story, I'd probably start getting into it only for it to end right as I was getting invested at best, at worst I'd just wish they added more content to the base campaign instead of bothering with some side story.

The 3rd dlc.. Yeah rng infinite dungeon's ain't what I'm looking for in game like this. I'd have rather something akin to watcher's keep from bg2 if we going for a dungeon dlc.

wtrboy

Novice
I'm going for the season pass asap. Let's give Owlcat some funds to work with.

But I'm probably not going to play this until next year.

What? Can we please fix the friggin' base game before releasing a bunch of broke DLCs now?

Wish I'd possessed Feyd Rautha's patience... This game could be awesome when finished.

Sadly, I don't, played the game until the horribly bugged endgame House at the whatever and am now just furious seeing additional shit coming out while the base game is so f*cking horrible at the end that I can't finish my 100+ hours playthrough. (Which, I admit, I enjoyed a lot until the glaring endgame issues started showing up.)

That's exactly where I'm stuck...the "House at the End of Time" where I'm either too dumb or the game is too broke (probably both) for me to finish. I've just decided to wait for some additional patches to continue...lost patience (so back to Bard's Tale IV for awhile). I've also really enjoyed Pathfinder: Kingmaker and the story/writing is simply fantastic, but the endgame design is just horrible in my opinion...kinda just ruins the experience, I dunno.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
First dlc is alright (although I feel 1 race and 1 class is a bit low). Kineticist seems like the warlock from 3.5 which is not very exciting.

The other two seem pretty boring to me. Alternate campaign with what I can only assume is low level DnD (although maybe campaign will span level 6-8 or something). Endless dungeon seems like a decent way to test and experiment with strange party combos but will probably not be fun enough on its own to really warrant it.

What I would actually like would be expansion/20-30 hour new campaign that also comes with a few more races and several new classes. In particular I'd like to see a spontaneous divine spellcaster with full spell progression and perhaps some extra 'tanky' class.

It also seems really ballsy to start releasing dlc before the game is in a well patched state, although to be fair the current state is 'release-worthy' but still in some need of patching for the second half.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom