Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

LizardWizard

Cipher
I have a sneaky feeling most of the people hating on this game haven't even played it -- they just watched some youtube e-celeb faggot and decided to parrot their opinion.

I played free beta after immediately canceling my amazon pre-order after receiving the code

Dawkinsfan69 is a cuck douche, but he's right about no NPCs being a improvement from Fallout 4. If you approach the game like STALKER, there is a few hours of content for explore fags. But if you somehow avoid the game breaking power armor bugs and you will want to hang yourself once you see the endgame if you're an actual fan of crpgs whatsoever; assuming the game doesn't crash

Turjan

Arcane
main quest in FO4 is ass but some of the side quests are pretty good.
you mean that great sidequest "go to corwega plant and kills some raiders", or "go to subway station and kill some ghouls"?
More like "The Secret of Cabot House", "The Silver Shroud", or "Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution".

All of those are just kill/fetch quests but longer.
You know, you can of course reduce any quest to some basic element if you try hard. For example, "Fallout 1 is just a giant fetch quest", which is technically true. Of course, it's not a fair description of the game.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
In pretty much every quest in any rpg you kill, fetch, or talk to something. Context/narrative is what matters.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
buru5 if you ask around, almost everyone would agree that if you try to eat a bucket full of shit, it will be really bad. Of course 99% of them (or hopefully everyone) have never tried that.
You can of course go ahead and form your own opinion by trying or yeah, listen to everyone else - especially if they offer you valid arguments like "It tastes like shit".

illuknisaa

Cipher
Sure but in the cabot house it's just a pipe shooting gallery with raiders. In silver shroud you just go and kill bunch of raiders and you can sometimes talk to them. In the robot ship you defend the boat from raiders and press some buttons.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I played free beta after immediately canceling my amazon pre-order after receiving the code

Dawkinsfan69 is a cuck douche, but he's right about no NPCs being a improvement from Fallout 4. If you approach the game like STALKER, there is a few hours of content for explore fags. But if you somehow avoid the game breaking power armor bugs and you will want to hang yourself once you see the endgame if you're an actual fan of crpgs whatsoever; assuming the game doesn't crash
If you approach it like STALKER, you have a game with terrible gameplay and an awful world to explore.

Sure seems worth playing instead of STALKER.

Turjan

Arcane
Sure but in the cabot house it's just a pipe shooting gallery with raiders. In silver shroud you just go and kill bunch of raiders and you can sometimes talk to them. In the robot ship you defend the boat from raiders and press some buttons.
In the Cabot House quest, you also have to somehow get the Jack's sister to end her stint with that preacher man, and you can choose sides in the end, with different outcomes. The Silver Shroud quest gets its life from the comic book texts you can employ (this is taken up in other quests as well), and of course you have the kidnapping scene in the end. Of course, the USS Constitution lives off the pure wackiness of the whole situation, and you get a bed in central Boston a the end.

Your descriptions just cut away everything why people like those quests. As I said, it's like saying "Fallout 1's main quest is just a fetch quest, but longer".

Last edited:

LizardWizard

Cipher
Sure seems worth playing instead of STALKER.

I'd rather play STALKER for sure, but map is pretty massive and decently fleshed out compared to Beth's usual slop (where you're hitting invisible walls every few minutes). Personally, I played solo, ventured into the higher level territory early and didn't use fast travel very much at all. I'd imagine if you're grouping and abusing the team perks/free cost travel it would be immeasurably more popamole to be sure.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Speaking of other Fallout games...
WeBD3nF.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Maybe Hitman 2 (2018) should be compared to the game that is its direct predecessor and was released two years ago, instead of to a game that was released six years ago...?
It is pretty hard to do this,you need the real sales data on all the episodes. Hitman 2016 sold well the first episodes then pretty much died out....like a telltale game. Just looking at steam spy Hitman2 sold less than deadfire,sitting in between 100,000 and 200,000 sold copies. This is pretty bad no matter to which AAA game you compare it. Ahhh those people never learn,don't make a sequel to a poorly received games.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I find it hillarious reading players that started with FO3(!!!) ranting how shitty "their fallout" has become now with FO76. They're most likely just jumping on the RAEGtrain because it is en vogue now, but if FO3 is now regard as gold standard compared to FO76... ouch.

P.S. Laptop got a bluescreen typing this. First ever in at least 7 years. Nice accomplishment FO76. :argh:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I find it hillarious reading players that started with FO3(!!!) ranting how shitty "their fallout" has become now with FO76. They're most likely just jumping on the RAEGtrain because it is en vogue now, but if FO3 is now regard as gold standard compared to FO76... ouch.

P.S. Laptop got a bluescreen typing this. First ever in at least 7 years. Nice accomplishment FO76. :argh:
Regardless what game hook you in to fallout,people don't buy this games for the dead and empty mmo experience. Nobody wanted that shit.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Why is it suddenly *this* Fallout game that gets low scores?
Pretty much two things:

a) a lot of repressed "journalist's integrity" after giving a lot of AAA games higher ratings than deserved, because you don't bite the hand that feeds you well. NERD RAEG!
b) FO76 is an acceptable target now. After everyone and their mother already bombed it, you can get away with. In fact your site would become a laughing stock if you gave it the usual GOTY ratings.

I doubt it will last long tho.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ark is shit.

Rust was fucking garbage at "release".

Conan is the devil.

I'm really not sure if you are serious.

FO3 is shit. FO4 is shit. etc. Why is it suddenly *this* Fallout game that gets low scores? That was the only point I was trying to make (and yeah, I agree that in general the MP survival games are pretty poor quality. Lots of people still like them though)
FO3 and FO4 kinda work as games, though. If you have super low standards and dig theme park worldbuilding (and FO4 is actually the better game, as they ditched the RPG part mostly [and modern Bethesda sucks at RPG]).
FO76 just doesn't work in any way, even the MP survival crowd doesn't like it (with a few exceptions, maybe). You aren't wrong that game journos in general do not like MP survival, but they'd dislike this game even if it was something different. It really is THAT bad.

Jezal_k23

Fallout 4 made me look more fondly at Fallout 3, since upon looking at Fallout 4 it felt like Fallout 3 was at least trying to be an RPG, albeit a bad one. Now Fallout 76 makes people look at Fallout 4 more fondly, since 76 is so devoid of meaningful content that 4 looks good in comparison.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, Bethesda is in damage control mode like never before. This video has been taken down after their complaints, and reuploaded:

Just looking at steam spy Hitman2 sold less than deadfire,sitting in between 100,000 and 200,000 sold copies
Wut, steamspy still shows "100 000...200 000" for Deadfire.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol, Bethesda is in damage control mode like never before. This video has been taken down after their complaints, and reuploaded:

Just looking at steam spy Hitman2 sold less than deadfire,sitting in between 100,000 and 200,000 sold copies
Wut, steamspy still shows "100 000...200 000" for Deadfire.

:lol::lol::lol:
The reaction of that cuck at 6th minute is golden.

PorkBarrellGuy

Maybe fake or for other game...but still funny.

Video analysis:
1. Fairly typical nog-rage
2. that being said, he DOES seem to be holding a receipt?
3. all the black dude had to do was call up something like a branch manager and our boy Brian here would not only be forced to process the return, he'd have to fucking apologize. Any of you ever get in a situation like that (not that I expect most of you to be dumb enough to shop at GameStop) make it a manager's problem and the stupid asshole cockblocking your completely valid return will get fucking reamed for it.
4. someone, somehow had the foresight to pull out their phone and start recording. Staged? Repeat problem customer? Who knows.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Maybe fake or for other game...but still funny.

Video analysis:
1. Fairly typical nog-rage
2. that being said, he DOES seem to be holding a receipt?
3. all the black dude had to do was call up something like a branch manager and our boy Brian here would not only be forced to process the return, he'd have to fucking apologize. Any of you ever get in a situation like that (not that I expect most of you to be dumb enough to shop at GameStop) make it a manager's problem and the stupid asshole cockblocking your completely valid return will get fucking reamed for it.
4. someone, somehow had the foresight to pull out their phone and start recording. Staged? Repeat problem customer? Who knows.

Well yeah,i though in similar way,then i saw that they are all niggers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom