Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Curratum

Based on the tutorial, I would say that Underworld Ascendant desperately wants to be Thief: The Stygian Abyss. However, the game seems to freeze after I complete the tutorial, so that put an end to my short-lived attempt at playing it. :happytrollboy:

If you're feeling adventurous, you can fix that bug yourself. The game makes "highlight moment" screenshots, but it sometimes doesn't create the folder it puts them in at mission end. If that folder is missing, the game simply locks up with a black screen at the mission over screen.

Big Wrangle

I'm still baffled they put a ranking system in a game that's supposedly "You can do anything!"

Gord

Arcane
Well, at least the repercussions of the ranking system seem so minuscule in the long run, it doesn't really matter anyway.
In the end it's like so many other things in UA - badly thought-out and poorly implemented.

Zenith

Arbiter
Ranking system, lack of saving, and bizarre design are just your subtle hints to their true source of inspiration.
EYE: Divine Cybermancy
(and I bet good combat could've saved U:A, too)

Glic2000

Educated
I don't actually think more time would have made the game much better. Every time they showed off a test build, someone would say "wow feels really janky" etc and it never really got much better. I think they just started out with bad ideas and then got married to them.

At best, they probably would've put band aids over the graphical glitches and maybe added one more monster (because apparently adding one monster is like an entire year's work).

Still looking forward to hearing about their "DLC plans" (I can barely say that without laughing).

Max Heap

Arcane
Huh... guess I won't be finishing that side-bounty.

COJ05RD.jpg

Also apparently I lost all my runes on reloading (I can't access the runebag cause I gotta "find runes first")
So I guess that's it for the mage run then. Can't say I'm too sad.

Anyway, fuck this shit. I'm not even sure why I started this game again.

Ash

Arcane
I wonder how many hours of our lives we all wasted following, supporting, discussing, testing, anticipating etc this shite.

Guess it's another game in the Immersive Sim family that we should pretend doesn't exist, along with Bioshock, Dishonored and Invisible War.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I wonder how many hours of our lives we all wasted following, supporting, discussing, testing, anticipating etc this shite.

Guess it's another game in the Immersive Sim family that we should pretend doesn't exist, along with Bioshock, Dishonored and Invisible War.
Eh Bioshock, Dishoonred and Invisible War are masterpieces next to Underworld.
They're actually playable and enjoyable.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
They're not classics but they're good enough and above all, polished compared to this trash.
And besides, I'd take Dishonored/Prey/Dark Messiah over UA anytime.

Deleted Member 16721

Some influential youtuber like fluent .

I was never influential my friend, at least not that much. Over one million views and 1900 subscribers, and the best it got me was free interviews with developers like Fargo, Obsidian and working a bit for free with Beamddog and others whose smaller indie titles I was interested in. It was fun though, but the J Dumont channel is far from that at this point. :oops::)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Big Wrangle

This is the final nail in the Immersive Sim™ coffin. Bury it and salt the earth.
Okay which one of you wrote this review?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom