Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
All this KotC kvetching is making me want to replay the first game. In fact, gonna go do exactly that right now.

Elex

Arbiter
4.jpg

"Well, hello, beautiful."
look like michael Jackson

cruelio

Savant
Pierre Begue: I believe the invisible hand of the free market will lead to the most efficient economic outcomes.

Pierre Begue fifteen minutes after failing to bargain with Steam/Gog pc gaming duopoly: fuck how do I start a Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pierre Begue: I believe the invisible hand of the free market will lead to the most efficient economic outcomes.

Pierre Begue fifteen minutes after failing to bargain with Steam/Gog pc gaming duopoly: fuck how do I start a Kickstarter

Well he doesn't need to bargain with Steam anymore, but who knows if he even has a spare $100 to pay for putting a game on Steam. >_>

As I said elsewhere, I hope he puts KOTC1 on Steam before the Kickstarter launches, because I'm afraid once he gets Kickstarter money he'll decide he actually doesn't need to put his game on Steam after all.

Although of course it's by no means assured that his Kickstarter will be a success (watch him blow it by asking for a hilariously large sum).

Deleted Member 16721

I don't care if it's tokens or not, if the game is that deep like the screenshot shows it's an insta-purchase for me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Probably said this before, but the Kickstarter needs a "higher quality tokens" stretchgoal. It'd probably be a question of thousands, wouldn't it?

Mortmal

Arcane
Probably said this before, but the Kickstarter needs a "higher quality tokens" stretchgoal. It'd probably be a question of thousands, wouldn't it?
Problem is pierre will even acknowledge the issue ? With such high level of autism i dont think so. Even if someone tell it on his private forum, he's likely to be just banned.No way to back this with such an ugly presentation.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Pierre needs to fuck a few hookers and lose the incel in him.

Then and only then can he take part in the free market and create a game with graphics worthy of Chads and Stacies everywhere. Like Todd does.

On a more serious note, it's heartbreaking to see such a talented guy struggling to make ends meet. He needs to set up a patreon or something so people can pitch in. Even a few bucks a month from folks here on the Dex would help him, at least to cover his utilities or something.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Thanks for the link, I'll forward him a few shekels when my salary comes in next month. :salute:

Really looking forward to KotC 2, fuck the graphics and all the naysayers, the tokens look just fine.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thanks for the link, I'll forward him a few shekels when my salary comes in next month. :salute:

Really looking forward to KotC 2, fuck the graphics and all the naysayers, the tokens look just fine.
Ok prove it! Change your forum avatar to the "hello beautiful" token i dare you !

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've to admit the latest pictures look a bit worse than the previous ones. Wtf.

PrettyDeadman

I cant help but say: tokens is a very prestigious stylistic choice. I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me. I wish I was able to support Piere more in these difficult times.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Ok prove it! Change your forum avatar to the "hello beautiful" token i dare you !
Some people, as much as it's hard to believe for You, really think that graphics is secondary to gameplay. If you don't believe me - look at all the roguelikes (proper ones) being made and played. Many of which have simple tilesets at most, sometimes even just ASCII. Granted it's a niche that only a small subset of players enjoy - but to be honest - first KotC wasn't a popular hit either.
Would he make more money if he invested in better graphics? Well, yes, with high probability. Will I (and others) enjoy playing the game regardless? Again, yes if it ends at least as good gameplay-wise as the first part. Assuming it will be done at all of curse. As long as the graphics won't stop Pierre from actually finishing this game, I don't care much.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Personally, I don't mind an increase in graphical fidelity. But like Serus said, if a game's well made and enjoyable then shitty graphics shouldn't deter you from playing it. And it's better Pierre opted for tokens, than some abominable 'upgrade' in the form of pseudo-3D or mid-tier sprites (that said, I thought the first game didn't look too bad).

As for sales, none of us can help him if he doesn't want to help himself. All we can do is shill the game on other sites, which itself has limited success since KotC really is an acquired taste and most people never give it a chance to grow on them.

Mustawd

This talk about graphics from a final purchase standpoint is pointless. Unless he has the intelligence of a house cat, he’ll make the images moddable. In which case you should be able to find your own images online and crop accordingly. Or someone will release a mod pack to do it for you. So problem solved, IMO.

However, from a KS standpoint, the shit art will definitely hurt him. He needs to have a very modest goal in mind or this thing will fail spectacularly.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
However, from a KS standpoint, the shit art will definitely hurt him. He needs to have a very modest goal in mind or this thing will fail spectacularly.

True. He should ask for 10-15k dollars. That's enough money to live comfortably for 12 or so months here in Eastern Yurop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom