Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite quote in an RPG

Sykar

Arcane
tumblr_mrrctfK0m81qel2lbo1_250.gif

:bounce:
:shitposting:

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
What's a paladin?

Why do you persist in your loneliness, human? Can you not see the glory of the mass?

I shall kill you... with death!

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Korgan: Aerie, ye wingless freak! Ye better spend some time practisin’ yer spells afore the next battle! I won’t put with anymore of yer screw-ups!

Aerie: Leave me alone, you brute. I’m in no mood for this today.

Korgan: Aye, yer never in the mood for nothin’ but weepy sentimentality! Stop playin’ adventurer and crawl back to yer cage in the circus! At least if people pay a copper or two to see yer gangly, misshapen form ye might be worth somethin’!

Aerie: I can look after myself, you vile little man! (CHARNAME) knows I can hold my own when the rough stuff starts!

Korgan: Yer nothin’ but a scrawny, whinin’, stump-backed, miscastin’ mage wannabe!

Aerie: I’m sick of your insults, you bastard! You’re worth less than the feces of an unwashed kobold! You’re stupid, bigoted, mean, small minded and small membered! Now leave me alone or I’ll cast a spell of withering on that pathetic excuse for a manhood you’re always scratching at between your legs!

Korgan: Aye, that’s I been waitin’ for! You’ll be blushin’ fer a week when ye calm down and realize what y’eve said, lassie! My work here is done - Har, har, har!

Anomen: I have been watching you in combat, Korgan ... you fight well for one of the unblessed. Perhaps the blood sacrifices that you make to your primitive gods work well after all.

Korgan: Yer idiocy is surpassed only by yer unskilled floundering on the field of battle.

Korgan: Hhmp. Imoen, yer an o’er-lame excuse fer a member o’ this party and I be tired of exertin’ meself to protect ye! Next time I let ye perish, screamin’ like a ninny as ye does!

Imoen: The last time I saw you exert yourself over anything was the last slab of pork in an inn. If you could keep up with me with that beer gut of yours I’d be amazed.

Korgan: Beer gut?! Why, ye stinkin’ wench, how dare ye! Keep up with me axe as if flies toward yer head, more like! Though it’d be like splittin’ a hair, skinny as ye are!

Korgan: Rain-maker, use yer mumbo-jumbo and make sure it don’t rain when we’re travelling in the outdoors! It makes me armor rust, me clothes damp and me feet slosh about in me favorite boots.

Cernd: I’m afraid not, Korgan. It is not within my sphere of influence, nor is it my place to do so.

Korgan: Bah! Tree-hugging dirteater! If yer god lived on Faerun I’d break his windows! Good fer nothin’! Go pluck mistletoe and frolic naked in the glades!

Keldorn: I urge you to reconsider the sheltering of this drow! However desperate be our mission, we make it worse by sheltering a demon such as she!

Viconia: Do you have a problem with my presence, male?

Keldorn: Aye, I do, drow. And if you last another day with this party, I shall do us all a favor and spit you on my blade.

Viconia: I look forward to your attempt ... and to turning it against you.

Keldorn: You time is done, drow. I gave you your warning.

Viconia: How noble ... and how foolish.

(Keldorn and Viconia fight)

Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
"Problem? All high-and-mighty. Lording it over everyone. Acting so self-righteous, like nothing could touch him. He was the one with the problem.{Colder, losing himself}Never got mad at anything. Nothing seemed to shake him. Even after... his life kept getting dragged through the dirt.
{Cold, staring into the distance}Always kept looking for the bright, shining future in everything. So... I decided to take everything from him."

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Dead money has so many good quotes, the rest of the expansions lack the weight of the plot for such things. Old world blues as an example.

2house2fly

Magister
Old World Blues has some good funny lines in there.

So cower in your "Think Tank." Wait, for the end. Uh, that's all. Goodbye.

MOBIUS. ALWAYS THE SAME BROADCAST. HE'S CLEARLY MAD, DRIVEN INSANE BY HIS FLAWED AND IMPRECISE KINDERGARTEN-LEVEL RESEARCH METHODOLOGY.

IT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT IF ONE IS CLEARLY RIGHT AND THE OTHER IS CLEARLY WRONG!

And my name is Zero - yeah, a big fat zero, with a slash through it.
THE SLASH... AS A DESIGNATOR OF... WHY, THAT IS BRILLIANT. BUT HOW DID YOU...?

Yes! Yes! Soon my work will be complete! Soon the world will burn in nuclear fire!
You know the world already burned in nuclear fire, right?
Soon I will - What? It... It did?
Yes. A couple centuries ago, in fact.
Really? Well... fuck. That really puts a damper on the toaster's mood. Oh well, no use crying over spilled Armageddon - where was I? Oh, right... Soon the world will burn in nuclear fire! ...Again!

Newly Created Robobrain: "Who... am I? I... feel different, awake, alive for the first time ever. What is this strange new world around me? What does it hold in store for a dreamer such as myself?" [it explodes]

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Yes, it's all comedic. It lacks the weight of the circumstances present in dead money that would create such deep, emotional quotes. Old world blues is reddit tier.

JoonaAhonen

Prospernaut
Shitposter
"You know, in a hundred years when I finally die, I just hope I go to hell so I can kill you all over again you piece of shit."

I usually don't get to hear that though, because I nuke his ass from a distance LMAO!

Black Angel

Arcane
A moment of your time, kind master. I'm Miltiades, a merchant by trade. I'm terribly sorry to impose on you, but I'm in a bit of a predicament... You see, I deal in the finest weapons and armor. Each item is a work of art, forged from the rarest metal and crafted to perfection. Unfortunately, I can't open up a shop until I settle a dispute with the Commercium, and I can't settle it until I start selling my merchandise.

Thus, I have no choice but to beg people to show kindness and buy what they can at greatly reduced prices. I'm asking only for what I paid for these items, so it is quite a bargain. Would you like to take a look? My wares are in a house nearby.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land

"I's a fag!"

quoted from some orc who didn't know what he was saying.

jdinatale

Cipher
"Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up... there you go. You were dreaming. What's your name? Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."
- Jiub

mushaden

Scholar
"So I kicked him in the head till he was dead" (Repeated throughout fight) -bandits in Baldur's Gate

"You see, the war, the true war, has never been one waged by droids or warships or soldiers. They are but crude matter, obstacles against which we test ourselves. The true war is waged in the hearts of all living things, against our own natures, light or dark. That is what shapes and binds this galaxy, not these creations of man. You are the battleground."

"Take what strength you may steal from me, and that is all I need be to you."

"The Human Being created civilization not because of a willingness but because of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning. God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands."

"Murder most foul crafts victory most fair."

"Great Jumpin' Paladins of Tyr! I'm done for."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom