Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Is this game unbugged yet? How long could it take devs to fix bugs? Did they just release a game that was literally unfinished and hope for the best?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
do the training bits really level up your character? with tristian, octavia and the orc dude they are still 1 level fallen behind the party i got from the start.

filpan

Scholar
I guess I will give a chance to a female or two and only keep them if they know their place. Maybe hire a mercenary. And my character must be a mage, according to comments here there are no pure mages in the game so I have to create one. Too bad mages ain't good as in old IWD, NWN and BG games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
do the training bits really level up your character? with tristian, octavia and the orc dude they are still 1 level fallen behind the party i got from the start.
What do you mean training bits? The projects do increase the stats of non companion advisors. The support X advisor position increases the skill checks needed for the events. The shared experience option in the menu,it could fix your problem,don't know to be honest. You also could use the mods i posted on the last page and buff the exp of the companions that are behind.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you have no xp shared on, and someone is too low level, you get projects to train them to higher level for BP. You have to pick another companion to "train" them.

Efe

Erudite
what i read was you open up that project when you hit a certain level and they are behind you on xp which sets them to that level and not directly to your xp.
then next level (or every other level) old project is gone and a new one appears though you dont notice except a lot of new projects appearing for a moment.
try training them immediately after a level up

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
What do you mean training bits? The projects do increase the stats of non companion advisors. The support X advisor position increases the skill checks needed for the events. The shared experience option in the menu,it could fix your problem,don't know to be honest. You also could use the mods i posted on the last page and buff the exp of the companions that are behind.

If you have no xp shared on, and someone is too low level, you get projects to train them to higher level for BP. You have to pick another companion to "train" them.
basically this, but i still have my companion exp, but i got ocatavia, tristan, etc late so they are 2 levels behind me.

Risewild

Arbiter
Is this game unbugged yet? How long could it take devs to fix bugs? Did they just release a game that was literally unfinished and hope for the best?
Nah. That's Bethesda with Flatout 76 :lol:.

At least this game seems to be getting fixed much faster.

:shitposting:

Generic-Giant-Spider

at least no one reach the level of baldur's gate 2 retarded especially airie or eirie whoever that cunt was.
She's Aerie, fag.:love:

EY, EY REINHARDT.

Get your OWN socially stunted, wing-stumped, circus freakshow elf girl, FUCKER.

Why don't you, why don't you go for "Viconia." Hahaha, yeah, Viconia with her smooth and flawless skin and perfectly rounded tits and, and symmetrical face. Seems more your STYLE. Hahahaha, would love to stay and chat but I gotta go be Aerie's white knight cheerleader that reassures her she's not a fuckin' abomination among her kind. Later, BUCKO.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

basically this, but i still have my companion exp, but i got ocatavia, tristan, etc late so they are 2 levels behind me.
Don't know why people chose to not share EXP. It doesn't really make much sense in modern day rpgs,they have heavy focus on characters and you get more than you can travel with. While in the older games like BG you make your team based on practicality and aliment.

at least no one reach the level of baldur's gate 2 retarded especially airie or eirie whoever that cunt was.

EY, EY REINHARDT.

Why don't you, why don't you go for "Viconia." Hahaha, yeah, Viconia with her smooth and flawless skin and perfectly rounded tits and, and symmetrical face. Seems more your STYLE. Hahahaha, would love to stay and chat but I gotta go be Aerie's white knight cheerleader that reassures her she's not a fuckin' abomination among her kind. Later, BUCKO.
The fact that 20 year later people are still throwing shit at each other and praising their own chosen waifu speaks volume about the quality of the romance writing in those games.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

EY, EY REINHARDT.

i thought the whiny cunt was unanimously hated.

hell bovine

Arcane
The storyteller has been training himself in my game. :lol: Personally I think he's been blowing that bp on drugs, because he seems high all the time.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I don't get the accusations of pandering to 'stronk wymyn' or whatever - if you just read what Amiri says and what she did, you'd conclude that she's a horrible monster who not just broke with tradition, but damned her own tribe (including her, ahem, admirer) with a curse that will lead to their total annihilation sooner rather than later. Moreover, she does not give a shit about it at all (like, she's total egotist and an idiot) and does not understand (as her friend later says) that all her problems come from her lack of self-confidence and inability to see that her actions might hurt others. Jae is straight up evil character that has no real redemption, Octavia is probably the best of them despite her skittish nature (Linzi basically caused the mob to kill a guilty, yet not completely evil bard, Valerie is willing to let the world burn rather than face her own fears and prejudices). Same goes for the magic negro - if you let him choose, he's willing to let revenge consume him and does not really think how his actions might have doomed his family. There's no geniune "Mary Sue" companions in the game, each and every has their own flaws and agendas, except Nok-Nok, who is just an actor on a stage which is the world itself

I like the companions, they are perfect flawed 100% fitting a fucked up fantasy world full of monster and gods that actually answer your prayers and take advantage of you.
You know they are social outcast/exiles roaming a wasteland full of shit.

Amiri is little more than a cave(wo)man, she's smart as a brick and nearly everyone is, you know... chaotic.

You need to roleplay a bit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't get the accusations of pandering to 'stronk wymyn' or whatever - if you just read what Amiri says and what she did, you'd conclude that she's a horrible monster who not just broke with tradition, but damned her own tribe (including her, ahem, admirer) with a curse that will lead to their total annihilation sooner rather than later. Moreover, she does not give a shit about it at all (like, she's total egotist and an idiot) and does not understand (as her friend later says) that all her problems come from her lack of self-confidence and inability to see that her actions might hurt others. Jae is straight up evil character that has no real redemption, Octavia is probably the best of them despite her skittish nature (Linzi basically caused the mob to kill a guilty, yet not completely evil bard, Valerie is willing to let the world burn rather than face her own fears and prejudices). Same goes for the magic negro - if you let him choose, he's willing to let revenge consume him and does not really think how his actions might have doomed his family. There's no geniune "Mary Sue" companions in the game, each and every has their own flaws and agendas, except Nok-Nok, who is just an actor on a stage which is the world itself

I like the companions, they are perfect flawed 100% fitting a fucked up fantasy world full of monster and gods that actually answer your prayers and take advantage of you.
You know they are social outcast/exiles roaming a wasteland full of shit.

Amiri is little more than a cave(wo)man, she's smart as a brick and nearly everyone is, you know... chaotic.

You need to roleplay a bit.
I agree, the companions in this game are well explained why they are roaming around and doing murder hobo stuff instead of being functional useful parts of society wherever.

The people that others praise as "better" companions are not that, they are fully functional individuals that are exactly what they are supposed to be.. your advisors. They are not completely fucked up individuals without a real goal that would just follow you around through dungeons, other worlds and shit just because they got no other role in the world.

For example, Harrim is just the kind of dwarf that would follow you around through it all. If he was Lawful Good normal kind he would follow you for one adventure and then go back to report to people that sent him there.

Rake

Arcane
OK which one is it? He at least had a reason to be whiny and all good. What kind of character do you expect from a follower of the goddess of mercy? Also he was surprisingly backstaby :).
Your main character obviously. He is the best companion to Nok-Nok, the real leader of the party

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom