Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
Yeah, from day one "more of the same" is exactly what we were expecting and in a way it is what the game needs.

It got repetitive fast due to lack of enemy/content variety, "bosses" and endgame challenges. This dlc(and hopefully more to come) will fix that. Off course, nobody can expect the game to remain fresh after 100 hours, but sandbox games live and die by what they can offer to the player in the matter of challenges and late content.

I don't mind the game being challenging and having a pretty strict ruleset. In fact it is one of its main selling points. Most nerfs seem good to me and nimble is now certainly viable at least early to mid game - late game it remains to be seem if it can still beat/equalize the heaviest armor options. Using quick hands + bags and belts to juggle polearms, shields and heavy axes at will never made sense considering the game's shots at realism anyway. Polearm + ranged hybrids will no longer be uberbuilds? Good. They shouldn't be.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I am not complaining and didn't expect more.
It just somebody asked if it bring something fresh to game and if its worth if he didn't like basic game much.
I give honest answer - you guys may don't like it but its as i say - more the old nothing new.

hung up about the ability to hire the exact spec of bro they want
Its less about that and more about ability to see what you are hiring so you can make a choice. Now its pure gacha tier gamble.
If you play with the rules you just waste gold for chance to get bro you want - and that make my grind pointless - and if you not then you save scum.
Both choices are not fine with me.
Idea of having to hire(and kick) dozens of troopers just to find that one who can operate bow well isn't alluring to me. Its just tiresome mechanic.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I too am worried a bit about Alp and Hexe. The fights I've seen seem a bit boring and I'm not sure if I like more magic in my BB universe.

Will they be combined with other enemies? If so, wich?

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks for the replies, guys. Didn't mean to make it sound like I disliked the base game. Like I said, I had fun with it. I guess I put it down at 25 hours in the hopes that more would be added one day to make for a fuller experience. It sounds like this dlc should basically do that. $10 to support turn-based RPGs is a pretty good deal anyway, since I'm sure I'll at least have fun for another 25 hours.

Last edited:

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most nerfs seem good to me

Talk me back from the ledge here (again). The nerf to Brawny seems pretty huge, that brings a vanilla armorbro with what right now is a -37 fatigue penalty (coat of scales (-38) + Full Plate Helm (-20) + EG Crypt Cleaver (-16?) /2) up to a whopping -55 penalty. For context that brings my one and only armorbro who can manage 100 max fatigue down to almost 80. That's fuckin painful. Second Wind was always a big deal, now it just seems straight up mandatory. So we've, what? Replaced one mandatory perk at tier 4 with one at tier 1?! What am I missing here?

And the nerf to Battle Forged means heavy armor is strictly worse at what it was supposed to do in the first place... give your bros a shot at outlasting a meatgrinder fight- say, 15 Ancient Legionnaires+10 Ancient Honor Guards+1 Ancient Priest.

IMO what they should have done was figure out a way to nerf Indomitable. Make it cost half your total fatigue, or some kind of scaling along those lines. Because honestly Recovery/Brawny/Battleforged just means your armorbros won't get gunned down in two rounds and gives you the breathing space needed to decide on a plan of attack and execute (whether it succeeds or not). But Indomitable means that you'll almost never find yourself overwhelmed unless you've made really stupid tactical decisions during the fight.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
There is attachment to armor that lower it weight by 20% but yeah. It looks like better to get Gifted than Brawny now.

Barbarian

Arcane
The "heaviest armor possible + two-handed weapon" as a solution to pretty much everything late game is what was really painful. Half of the perks available were worthless as it was. I'm glad they balanced out the options so that several builds and configurations become viable. I'm eager to play around with it.

No more metagaming for you.

:littlemissfun:

kirin

Learned
inb4 we see absurd builds with a light 1h weapon (duelist) and no armor at all (nimble), just a naked dude charging into combat against armored knights

Barbarian

Arcane
Itt, bros carrying 6 foot weapons and shields in their belts and flipping them out with little fatigue penalty was also pretty bad. I'm glad they fixed.

Barbarian

Arcane
inb4 we see absurd builds with a light 1h weapon (duelist) and no armor at all (nimble), just a naked dude charging into combat against armored knights

I don't think that will be viable. Even with the damage reduction(which will never be the full 75% because of weapon fatigue penalty) and steel brow these guys will get hit easily and therefore have low survivability. Also even if you got mad initiative/fatigue and dodge/anticipation perks: goblin poison, nets, vines, flies and other nerfs are still a thing, so you will still need some reliable armor protection in these kind of fights otherwise you are toast.

What I think will become viable are bros with light armor + shield, or even nimble zweihanders with light armor if you play your cards right. And are you honestly saying this is bad? I think it is great. The "duelist with one-handed weapon and no shield" will still be risk taking I assume, but I never understood the appeal of that or why people insist on trying it.

Last edited:

kirin

Learned

I don't think that will be viable. Even with the damage reduction(which will never be the full 75% because of weapon fatigue penalty) and steel brow these guys will get hit easily and therefore have low survivability. Also goblin poison, nets and other nerds are still a thing, so you will still need some reliable armor protection in these kind of fights otherwise you are toast.

What I think will become viable are bros with light armor + shield, or even nimble zweihanders if you play your cards right. And are you honestly saying this is bad? I think it is great. The "duelist with one-handed weapon and no shield" will still be risk taking I assume, but I never saw understoof why people want that so much.

go with the lightest weapon maybe dagger or sword so you keep 70% DR, add colossus dodge steelbrow? carry a shield with +rangedef and just drop it when you enter melee
its a gimmick build for sure!

Barbarian

Arcane
Dagger has no fatigue penalty, you are right. But when will it ever be worthwhile to have a naked bro wielding a dagger just for 75% damage reduction? Even if you get such a guy to 150 hp range(not exactly easy), he won't do much with a fucking dagger and he will still be able to take only so much damage.

Dodge is a decent perk but only really provides benefit in the first couple of rounds. Even naked bro with dagger will lose fatigue and initiative(and therefore much of the dodge benefit) every time he moves, gets hit or attacks.

Bro with very light armor(dunno, padded?) plus buckler and dagger might be somewhat viable, but still he won't ditch much damge and that buckler will get destroyed pretty quick.

Barbarian

Arcane
Bro with light armor + round or heater shield(depending on chosen weapon fatigue penalty) might be the thing. I'm eager to try some builds. With enough tweaking these guys might have high survivability, decent damage dealing and carry on through fights better because of the smaller overall fatigue penalty.

Zweihander light builds too.

vazha

Arcane

even nimble zweihanders with light armor if you play your cards right.
Which will give you a Landsknecht! Now we only need musket & pikes in the next DLC and I'll be set.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Zweihander light builds too.

Confess, you want this (especially for the garish colors):
a35f4cfaae4b44056f4c0129416e440d.jpg

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
The "heaviest armor possible + two-handed weapon" as a solution to pretty much everything late game is what was really painful. Half of the perks available were worthless as it was.

But that doesn't changed. 2H swords(with maybe some 2H maces) are still beasts and half the perks still looks useless like they were. At last it looks like that from what I watched.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Six more hours? ;/ If I ever meet a Steam employee, I will start beating them in the morning and will not stop until Euro games released on that day.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom