Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian teasing game reveal at The Game Awards

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I love the art. And considering this is Tim' and Leon's game, I'll give it the benefit of doubt.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am getting a real Jules Verne vibe from all of this; in his Voyage to the Moon book it had all this cool steampunkish vibe of 19th Century English gentlemen traveling to space
So imagine a FPS set in space with steampunk vibe, maybe all those weird pseudoscience theories from the Verne books were true in that setting so humanity did go to the stars with steam and gunpowder based technology...
Looks very interesting indeed I think that it could prove to be actually great
I hope we get one last flawed gem from Cain and Boyarsky in the same way that Arcanum, Bloodlines and Toee were great

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am getting a real Jules Verne vibe from all of this; in his Voyage to the Moon book it had all this cool steampunkish vibe of 19th Century English gentlemen traveling to space
So imagine a FPS set in space with steampunk vibe, maybe all those weird pseudoscience theories from the Verne books were true in that setting so humanity did go to the stars with steam and gunpowder based technology...
Looks very interesting indeed I think that it could prove to be actually great
I hope we get one last flawed gem from Cain and Boyarsky in the same way that Arcanum, Bloodlines and Toee were great
It sure would be cool.
And it wouldn't be the first time, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like some Space 1889 thing incoming.
The arabesques from Autie Cleo's are typical of Mucha. So I hope for a early 1900's/ fin de siècle vibes. But for the moment, the design is not from Europe but more from U.S.

thm_plakat-f-champenois.jpg

(Yeah, the guy design some soap box).
Cel shading waifus even before it was a thing!

"Отправлено с моего SM-A510F через Tapatalk"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Definitely getting Martian Dreams vibes here, but there is a difference. Martian Dreams literally took place in the late 19th century. Judging by the modern/futuristic-looking firearm in the art, this game is set in a 19th/early 20th century-themed retro-future, like what Fallout does with the 1950s.

soulburner

Cipher
As long as this runs on my toaster with integrated Intel 4000 graphics, I'm interested :D

But seriously - I'm kind of optimistic and maybe excited even.

Bohr

Arcane
Just a teaser, but feeling a surge of optimism about this for some reason, really like what they're hinting at for a setting :shittydog:

Truth be told the Arcanum poster in my living room led to me meeting my wife. We both loved RPGs and Arcanum in particular. It does happen.

Yep, I've had to stop hosting parties at the display space - women just can't help themselves and it invariably ends up with grubby fingerprints all over the best pieces :argh:

qB95uG3j_o.png

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can Bethesdas Starfield ever compete with this?

sIhewJjt

Bethesda knocked out Fallout with F4 and while still down, gave it a coup de grâce with F76. How appropiate that this game comes out in these times, I'm happy for Tim and Leonard.

Also,

I hope this Cainyarsky project is isometric so it would be a perfect send off to their independent legacy.

I hope it's first person view using the Unreal engine, because they showed with Bloodlines that they really can pull this off...

Dude, are you also going to spend 15 years patching this game? :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom