Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian teasing game reveal at The Game Awards

hexer

It's obviously late 19th century aesthetic

bloomingdales.jpg
19th

Art Nouveau

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's probably their Fallout 4 that should sell lots, imo

Probably.
Likely an attempt to mine the New Vegas fanbase who've been consistently neglected by Bethesda.

And I'd be fine with that. I don't think NV is the "bestestest gaym of everytyme", but there's potential in the formula for something interesting.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kind of getting a (original) Buck Rodgers feeling. And I am kinda thinking this will be Arcanum in space! Except completely avoiding any of the IP of Arcanum, of which Activision owns. Tim and the rest can easily pull that off, and mix it up a bit.

Not too terribly excited about it being an action game, but will wait for more info.

Wesp5

Arcane
I hope it's first person view using the Unreal engine, because they showed with Bloodlines that they really can pull this off...

Dude, are you also going to spend 15 years patching this game? :salute:

I really hope not! With MS backing them they should be able to do this themselves using the actual source code and real tools too ;)!
BTW, does anyone know if Brian Mitsoda is involved? Because he wrote great stuff and characters in Bloodlines!

Sacibengala

Prophet
Oh shit, considering Take Two owns Bioshock IP, I hope its not going to be Infinite 2 :negative:

But the vibe is really similar.
I am playing infinity for the first time now. Awful game, I’m dying to finish it and move on.

aratuk

Cipher
Kind of getting a (original) Buck Rodgers feeling. And I am kinda thinking this will be Arcanum in space! Except completely avoiding any of the IP of Arcanum, of which Activision owns. Tim and the rest can easily pull that off, and mix it up a bit.

Not too terribly excited about it being an action game, but will wait for more info.

If it's an action game with dumbed-down stats in the same sense that Bloodlines is an action game with dumbed-down stats…

iu

But yeah, no point in speculating as yet.

Molina

Savant

If it's an action game with dumbed-down stats in the same sense that Bloodlines is an action game with dumbed-down stats…

iu

But yeah, no point in speculating as yet.
Are you kidding ? It's the best moment in game life. After the first picture from the game, half of codexers shoud quit the hype train and it'll get worse until the release.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
True, the general public is turning on Bethesda hard right now, Obsidian might have a chance at scoring a SLAM DUNK TM here.

Farewell into the night

When this is comming out? I don't like Obsidian, but Boyarsky and Cain are my heroes and I support them.

Tigranes

Arcane
As others have said, this isn't quite Belle Epoque, but more Americanised late 19c / early 20c. I dearly dearly wish someone would go all out into Belle Epoque / Mucha / etc, but this probably isn't it.

If only we had The Obscure Cities + le vol du corbeau...

page-09-660x865.jpg
Gibrat%20le%20vol%20du%20corbeau%2042%20.jpg

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
So much faggotry in this thread. Figures you bum-burglars would support Tim's rampant and incurable homosexuality.

Plz no bully, I deal with disappointment by lashing out at others. :cry:

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
I don't think NV is the "bestestest gaym of everytyme"
NV is actually a terrible game, if you're gonna judge it by gameplay metrics. It runs like an arthritic sloth, and the gunplay is abysmal. But storyfaggotry and LARPing as Van Buren saves it.

I'm just hoping this new project won't discard character builds in favor of action. The UI might be a clusterfuck as well. No idea why they're trying to reinvent the wheel with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom