Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Parabalus

Arcane
Ended in a very early bros vs 7 raiders vs 7 orc young brawl, ran away like a bitch until the raiders softened+exhausted up the orcs. Still lost 2 bros including a starting one, but got several orc weapons :mixedemotions:.

Bocian

Arcane
Three quarters armor with a burgonet with maybe a falling buffe (seperate piece of kit and museums and artists seem to either forget about them or show them separately a lot) should be the standard. The one below has nothing for the arms and shoulders but strictly speaking a veteran at least should have them. Arms can get hit so easily and shoulders/traps are a prime target for over-the-shoulder halberd or greatsword strikes or lance/sword strikes from cavalry.
The buffe (visor that falls outwards away from the face if opened. Has frontal neck protection as well. Attached separately from the front) is also missing.
Why is it that you practically don't see mail armor used by western troops in general? Why did it fall out of use in favor of plate? In this period mail was still extensively used by Eastern troops, especially cavalry (petyhortsy/pancerni or Muscovite traditional cavalry).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone else notice some weird stuttering when changing scenes? Don't think I had that issue before the DLC. It's not that much trouble, just notice a 20-30 fps drop every time it happens.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Bros, does anyone have a good seed for a well-rounded map?

I don't care about the starting BBs or their stats, what I want is an aesthetically pleasing map without jigsaw rivers cutting into the interior, and at least 3 harbors that connect the south, east/west, and frozen north.

Anyone got anything in that vein?

Westeros.

Has the 3 ports, no island settlements, and all resource buildings except for Leather Tanner, Gem, Copper and Winery. The only issue might be that's 60% civilized, a corner that's completely a sea.

Brothers are not shit. One fearless, one spartan.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Three quarters armor with a burgonet with maybe a falling buffe (seperate piece of kit and museums and artists seem to either forget about them or show them separately a lot) should be the standard. The one below has nothing for the arms and shoulders but strictly speaking a veteran at least should have them. Arms can get hit so easily and shoulders/traps are a prime target for over-the-shoulder halberd or greatsword strikes or lance/sword strikes from cavalry.
The buffe (visor that falls outwards away from the face if opened. Has frontal neck protection as well. Attached separately from the front) is also missing.
Why is it that you practically don't see mail armor used by western troops in general? Why did it fall out of use in favor of plate? In this period mail was still extensively used by Eastern troops, especially cavalry (petyhortsy/pancerni or Muscovite traditional cavalry).
Plate was better for european wars, eastern europeans had to deal mostly with fast nomadic cavalry so they adapted for this kind of warfare. You can't carry armor in wagons and put in when the time is right if your enemy always use hit-and-run tactics.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
@rapsdjff

I would like to make a request, if it's possible to work on it some day. I love the map randomization, but it would be great if we could we given some options on map generation, kinda like the Civilization series. I know it might be a bit of work, so if you could eventually make at least some of these options available it would be great!

- Select Houses Banners.

It would be great if we could select the banners and even names for the 3 houses that appear in the game.

- Select Settlement number

It would be interesting to play maps with just a few cities and a lot of wilderness.

- Select amount of Resource buildings.

It could be a 3 way selection (sparse, standard, abundant), or even better, which ones we want to appear.

- Terrain choices

This one might be a bit hard, but it would be nice to have an option to have the world map as an insland/continent surrounded by water. Or select different weather options.

I know I'm asking too much, but if at least some of them could be implemented it would be great! Congratulations on the release, and I hope that the sales are good and you can continue improving the game :salute:

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

The lack of medieval history knowledge in the Codex' Battle Brothers thread is disturbing. Have you tried this:

in full plate armour? Only mail will give you full squatting flexibility. At least our local Slavs should have known this.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
By the way, are you sure this trait works?

0C2jEzn.png

It seems to only decrease the defense, but do nothing with the damage. At least that is what shows on the character sheet.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
It works. The damage displayed on the character sheet is the base damage before multipliers like this.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
in full plate armour? Only mail will give you full squatting flexibility. At least our local Slavs should have known this.

You have been posting for awhile now and I never got around complementing you on your nick. Best fucking game ever.

tindrli

Arcane
im having a strange issue.. i just got a mission to find a hidden graveyard far north west from my current location.. and its not shown on the map. .ok. i took a course for a next village and on my way there in a less that 3 minutes of wandering i got a same event in which some dudes are telling me that im in a search of an graveyard that happens to be the place that they are coming from and they want my map to mark a damn place and nothing is marked.
2 times same event in a less that 3 minutes that didn't mark nothing

lol.. ok and now its a third time.. less than a minute of this writting

dOexsE0.png

same event.. now that im thinking.. after being fucked up completely by local necromancer. maybe the thing didn't worked coz the graveyard was covered by fog of war.. still why i had 3 same events in 5 minutes....

Last edited:

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
It's marked in the sense of you knowing the direction and roughly the distance from your current position, sometimes also the type of terrain it is on. You'll still have to actually find it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah if you follow the instructions you will find the location. I got one and the dude said "go south, in the forest" and I did, and there it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom