Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wouldn't be surprised if it was staged.

EDIT:Buahahahaha it got taken down by CuckTube. Wouldn't be surprised if that guy goes from joking in a stupid game to a hardcore nazi after this debacle.

Last edited:

msxyz

Augur
The only bag collector's edition buyers should have received:

8EN1d4J.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The best part about this shitshow is that it's a complete, top-to-bottom shitshow.

The game is shit and everyone knows it, the tcotchkes are shit and everyone knows it, they sent quality tchotchkes to "influencers" (fuck, I despise that word; each day, I pray for the sweet release of death) for everyone to compare to the max-cheap Chinese junk that was foisted off on paying customers (AKA paypigs), Bethesda is two years late to the co-op survival genre that's already been supplanted by battle royale games, etc.

Any Codexer (except Makabb) should appreciate Bethesda finally getting some shit for their incompetence, even though that incompetence had to reach critical levels before consolefag NPCs finally realized that they're NPCs.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Yes, even the fans should get something positive out of this. Skyrim 2 will be either better or a total dumpster fire that makes Bethesda build a new engine or else they might tumble into obscurity. Or they will release Skyrim on PS5.

Turjan

Arcane
Bethesda is two years late to the co-op survival genre that's already been supplanted by battle royale games, etc.
I'm sure this is already planned to be sold on the Atom shop. They also started selling game modes for Fallout 4 a couple of months ago in their ingame store.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's particularly notable is that this is for all intents and purposes a mainline Bethesda game, and not merely a spinoff.

They released Morrowind in 2002, Oblivion in 2006, Fallout 3 in 2008, Skyrim in 2011, Fallout 4 in 2015, and now Fallout 76 in 2018. One way or the other, the widespread panning of a major release will hurt them, even if it doesn't financially ruin them.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yes, even the fans should get something positive out of this. Skyrim 2 will be either better or a total dumpster fire that makes Bethesda build a new engine or else they might tumble into obscurity. Or they will release Skyrim on PS5.

Bethesda's next game is starfield, a space sci-fi game, the next TES is a very far away thing that hasn't even started development.

Looking at the direction Bethesda took with Fallout 4 and 76, I expect that game will also be very thin on content and rely heavily on procedural generation. Probably will feature planetary settlement building and other kind of garbage. Radiant questing galore.

It's also likely that despite being a space game, there won't be any vehicle around, whether driven by NPC or the player.

Unless they manage to completely rework the LOD systems and the way texture streaming works in their engine because this is what happens when you mod a horse to run faster than the engine can handle loads :

Yeah.

If Bethesda's next game had been a TES, I would have agreed that they might have rebounded from Fallout 76's failure. But seeing the theme of their next game, all the while being a new IP, it is not granted for their next game to be another mainstream hit. We have a chance at seeing Beth maybe not dying, but starting to hurt quite a bit at least.

Unless you're called Chris Roberts, space games rarely sell all that well. And Chris Roberts sold a dream more than an actual game.

frajaq

Erudite
At least with how much of a dumpster fire this is they don't even think about putting multiplayer stuff on Starfield/TES 6

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What's particularly notable is that this is for all intents and purposes a mainline Bethesda game, and not merely a spinoff.

They released Morrowind in 2002, Oblivion in 2006, Fallout 3 in 2008, Skyrim in 2011, Fallout 4 in 2015, and now Fallout 76 in 2018. One way or the other, the widespread panning of a major release will hurt them, even if it doesn't financially ruin them.

If the choice of definition is between 'mainline' and 'spin-off' I would call Fallout 76 a spinoff. Even at the announcement I don't think they tried to pretend it wasn't anything other than a derivative version of Fallout 4 with multiplayer substituted for narrative content.

I'm sure there is a Fallout 5 in pre-development but not slated until 2022. TES6 probably coming out 2020 or something. Although, yes, it is surprising a lot of YouTubers and 'normies' are finally waking up to obvious shit AAA developers have been doing for well over a decade now. It's kind of like they need affirmation/safety-in-numbers. No one wants to poke the giant but when all the lemmings start doing it, it's a dogpile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcYZCqqg_A

YOU MEAN AAA PUBLISHERS CUT COSTS, SELL OVERPRICED COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS, AND BRIBE MEMBERS OF THE 'MEDIA' FOR POSITIVE COVERAGE?!?!?! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Of course, the fact that this guy has a setup reflecting various gaming 'swag' in the background just betrays he's been part of the problem for years. Although now I guess it is more profitable for the YouTubers to start finally telling this truth about the industry.

Turjan

Arcane
It's also likely that despite being a space game, there won't be any vehicle around, whether driven by NPC or the player.

Unless they manage to completely rework the LOD systems and the way texture streaming works in their engine because this is what happens when you mod a horse to run faster than the engine can handle loads :

Yeah.

Heh. Reminds me of Fallout 4. With a very easy to find magazine, your swim speed seems to be faster than any running. It's that fast the game cannot keep up. If you swim across the bay to the airport, chances are that not one of those huge buildings have loaded when you go on shore. Next the game probably crashes. Same happens when you swim down the Charles River near the inner city.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
And its only starting.
Think of the memes, evasions and such when Beth starts their next marketing campaign.
Their PR has been such so far that it would take some serious PR to get over it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really find it hilarious how some journos are defending Bethesda's shit engine with bullshit like this: " You, dimwits don't know how engine works so you should all trust Todd, he won't lie on the future like how he did it on the last 20 years, just stop crying and take his cock on your mouths like we already did."

Watch this, go to 1:09 min, the deathclaw:

Man, since Morrowind days, enemies can't jump, they get stuck on even small ledges and obstacles. If they can't make their Ai to jump on 20 years, why, should any reasonable person expect them to fix their fucking entire engine on a few years until they shit their next game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom