Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I honestly don't think either Valerie or Amiri are SJW writing.
Yes, Amiri has that cringy statement about men when you meet her and I think once after beating down some monster she complains how in her tribe, women aren't even allowed to try combat. The second one just sounds realistic and the first one has - so far - been an exception, writing wise.
With Valerie, I haven't even noticed anything at all in how she regards men or women. She's basically your standard paladin, albeit a little less annoying, thankfully.

My point was not these exact characters - they have less blatant and awkward story and personalities then in any resent western RPG, like PoE or TrannyTheGame. It's true.
Maybe it's a product of fact that SJWism in Russia is in its infancy, and so percieved like something that need paternal care and caused tenderness in big city's soyboys, dunno.

I was talking about different - no matter how good or almost-not-repulsive women characters are, they are still SJW agenda, because their agenda is to push out men from culture.
It's somehow happened, that everything pivoting around women today in games - where are men in games?
I don't see them at all - only substitutes, like old grandpas, and grades of cripples - which are minorities too - like dwarfs.
Remember Arcanum - that probably the last game with actual men characters?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Pathfinder noob here, I'm playing with all the settings on normal as far as I can make out, 1x damage, normal strength enemies etc, "normal" here hopefully meaning as close to PnP as possible.

Normal damage critical hits are a pain in the ass though. It's crazy how armor becomes the most important stat, besides caster level.

Be prepared to get one or two-shotted for 35 points of damage on levels 1-4 regularly. Like, every second combat, or rather every non-trash combat, unless you spend spending 2/3's of your spells of pre-buffing all the time. You can still win those combats, but you will suffer one or two knockouts, forcing you to rest. This is with Death's Door activated. I can't really see myself playing this game without that, not on these settings, not on the low levels. I almost ragequitted after taking about 6 critical hits in 3 combat rounds below Old Sycamore with my high armor but not maxed-out-the-ass armor party. But I persevered. Testament to what a quality game this is, motivation is so consistently high you always keep going.

Btw, what's the deal with all these non-caster companions? I just read the kickstarter updated by Avellone where he talked about how it's important to give players meat shields to hide behind because players LOVE mages and rogues (no shit), but wtf, not a single offensive caster until you take out the Tech league? There's literally no point in playing this game as anything other than a caster.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
614px-Fountain_by_slonecker.jpg

Just finished the game and it is total shit after Pitax. It is linear trudge trough a lot of samemy levels filled with the same buffed enemies for hours on. The story is also shit and annoying,just the typical go and kill evul god,that i found likeable. It is infested with effects from earlier decisions in a black and white manner that you couldn't predict. The sliders at the end also really stupid in the same way....oh you decided to have no import taxes so the country could improve its economy...well you are fucked and your kingdom is poor even if you have 5 millions and loot of a few more millions. Or you decided to kill a merchant coup because they were greedy,well now one of the rich regions became independent because muh peasants. Pitax is now in the shitter because....well i have no idea what the trigger was....aperanly you can't send a new governor because reasons.

As a whole i would recommend you to stop playing after Pitax,nothing good is after it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pathfinder noob here, I'm playing with all the settings on normal as far as I can make out, 1x damage, normal strength enemies etc, "normal" here hopefully meaning as close to PnP as possible.

Normal damage critical hits are a pain in the ass though. It's crazy how armor becomes the most important stat, besides caster level.

Be prepared to get one or two-shotted for 35 points of damage on levels 1-4 regularly. Like, every second combat, or rather every non-trash combat, unless you spend spending 2/3's of your spells of pre-buffing all the time. You can still win those combats, but you will suffer one or two knockouts, forcing you to rest. This is with Death's Door activated. I can't really see myself playing this game without that, not on these settings, not on the low levels. I almost ragequitted after taking about 6 critical hits in 3 combat rounds below Old Sycamore with my high armor but not maxed-out-the-ass armor party. But I persevered. Testament to what a quality game this is, motivation is so consistently high you always keep going.

Btw, what's the deal with all these non-caster companions? I just read the kickstarter updated by Avellone where he talked about how it's important to give players meat shields to hide behind because players LOVE mages and rogues (no shit), but wtf, not a single offensive caster until you take out the Tech league? There's literally no point in playing this game as anything other than a caster.
The two non caster big hitters you will get when you access Kingdom part of the game. Then you will feel that it is pointless to have more than one arcane and divine casters (so you can use their buffs).

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
The sliders at the end also really stupid in the same way....oh you decided to have no import taxes so the country could improve its economy...well you are fucked and your kingdom is poor even if you have 5 millions and loot of a few more millions. Or you decided to kill a merchant coup because they were greedy,well now one of the rich regions became independent because muh peasants. Pitax is now in the shitter because....well i have no idea what the trigger was....aperanly you can't send a new governor because reasons.
Kingdom ending slides are fucked I think, or at least Economy slide is. I had Economy X, Economy stat over 400, medium import taxes, and something like 12k BP in reserves, and still got the ending "you weren't concerned about long term wealth so your people are happy but your court looks shabby." If that's not a bug, whatever triggers that ending is retarded.

Cael

Arcane
The sliders at the end also really stupid in the same way....oh you decided to have no import taxes so the country could improve its economy...well you are fucked and your kingdom is poor even if you have 5 millions and loot of a few more millions. Or you decided to kill a merchant coup because they were greedy,well now one of the rich regions became independent because muh peasants. Pitax is now in the shitter because....well i have no idea what the trigger was....aperanly you can't send a new governor because reasons.
Kingdom ending slides are fucked I think, or at least Economy slide is. I had Economy X, Economy stat over 400, medium import taxes, and something like 12k BP in reserves, and still got the ending "you weren't concerned about long term wealth so your people are happy but your court looks shabby." If that's not a bug, whatever triggers that ending is retarded.
Or it is typical leftwing stuff where good market decisions always have the worst outcome but the commie decisions makes for the eudaimonia on Golarion. Take your pick.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I had 900 in economy and around 500 in everything else,level 10 advisors. Still retarded sliders about a decisions that should be short term. Really badly written ending,as shit as ME3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Or it is typical leftwing stuff where good market decisions always have the worst outcome but the commie decisions makes for the eudaimonia on Golarion. Take your pick.
:lol::lol::lol:
Nah it was a communistic decision,no taxes is not a capitalist one. The problem is that it was not a thing i decided to enact till the end of times.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
fantadomat and I both picked different options though, I had taxes and got the same outcome.
The "no taxes" one is definitely the best in terms of its actual effect on gameplay, and it's kind of hinted that following the River Freedoms (like "you can't tax a road") is the "right" way to run the kingdom based on the event rewards it gives you. Until the ending slides, at least, unless their triggers are bugged. They seem like they mostly should've been tied to kingdom stats instead of specific decisions (good military ending slide can have you beat an invasion due to your good soldiers OR your army wizards, etc.)

Shadenuat

Arcane
fewh all stats X
storyteller really helped by lowering Arcane with his every decision
Barely qualified for Espionage with ~220 points, with help of Ekun since with his DEX he farmed best, still had to build 15 Goblin Villages tho. Farming Pitax Influence for +20 to (almost) everything a few times also helped. Upgraded all regions too, but with 36 endgame apocalypse cards killing kingdom off already - nearly not enough time, but stats high enough to survive while upgrading.

finally got that GODDAMN ARMOR from Dragn, +7 longsword and +2 Bokken potion. only 854472835 patches and 550 hours REQUIRED

time for banging nymph inside a raging sirocco

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The female power of Valerie and Amiri who were BOTH beaten up by men in their quests and you can't do anything about it also eluded me.

Yeah, let's make games where PCs will be consiste form woman only, but they all will be defeated by man, so that's not SJW! Do go on and play with these woman please, yeah.

That's not funny how you don't see that it's as much SJW as Dragonspear level of shittiness.
I honestly don't think either Valerie or Amiri are SJW writing.
Yes, Amiri has that cringy statement about men when you meet her and I think once after beating down some monster she complains how in her tribe, women aren't even allowed to try combat. The second one just sounds realistic and the first one has - so far - been an exception, writing wise.
With Valerie, I haven't even noticed anything at all in how she regards men or women. She's basically your standard paladin, albeit a little less annoying, thankfully.

Sorry, but in this case, your frothing anti-SJW rage kinda comes to nothing. Or, well, almost nothing.
It is irrelevant. The fact that such virulent anti-SJW hatred exists is a direct result of the virulence of the SJW faction. Conservatives tend to be more laid back and less political. They are less likely to go on marches and protests. Those are almost exclusively leftwing things since at least the 1920s.

Your kind of shallow equivalence is the root of why SJWs are hated so much. You are not helping matter by dismissing the legitimate concerns of conservatives by trying to label them to be as bad as SJWs when you jolly well know that SJWs are far, far worse than conservatives could ever be.
There is no legitimate concern here. If there was, I wouldn't dismiss it.
He, just like you usually are, is simply imagining and seeing enemies in everything. That is paranoia, and it undermines the entire "conservative" position just as SJWs undermine progressive positions.
I recommend understanding the tale of the boy who cried wolf...

You are just claiming SJWs are far, far worse because it suits your ideology. The truth is that for every ridiculous SJW explosion on some social media, you can find another equally ridiculous ball of bullshit on right-wing sides. Which one you find worse is merely a matter of preference.
It is also irrelevant who started something, the only thing that matters is the status quo, which is that we have two extremist factions that both suck equally and we'd be better off without either.
Of course, it is too late for that, so I hope you're starting to build your bunker not only radiation, but also propaganda proof ;)

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Wild Hunt trashmob group example on unfair (no sirocco or cloud shit just balls deep select all->attack)

What kind of level and build do you have? I go in fully buffed as a grp level 16, and one of my guys just die to the crystal shots in seconds. Not sure which spell actually blocks it.

I can take on a small grp of them without resorting to the Sirocco-fuck-all spells. But that is with a number of summons. The ones that have Monarch and 10-15 scouts and archers with him is pretty much impossible for me.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Crane Style while dual-wielding, nani
It's crane wing that doesn't work with dual wielding, not crane style. Typical Yosharian - dumb as shit yet always trying to lecture others with his Pathfinder "knowledge". lul
Is Crane Wing intended to work with Magus Spellstrike? It seems like it should to me because your offhand is still technically empty. Some people say it doesn't work in game, it seemed like it was for me the last time I checked though.

Yosharian

Arcane
Crane Style while dual-wielding, nani
It's crane wing that doesn't work with dual wielding, not crane style. Typical Yosharian - dumb as shit yet always trying to lecture others with his Pathfinder "knowledge". lul
LOL! Yeah! I was definitely lecturing him, and not just asking why he was using it! Project more, you buffoon.

Nani literally means 'what', so the translation for what I wrote is 'crane style while dual-wielding, what?'

It's blatantly a question, not a lecture, you autists

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Question, last playthrough (chaotic neutral shifted to evil, before 1.1) I had a random encounter with Pathfinder society guys before Vordakai, this enabled me later to build the Pathfinder Lodge.

This time, I had no Pathfinder encounter, but some Hellknight (lawful evil start, after 1.1), are they alignment related? Did you guys have them?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Some comment I read once leads me to believe the Hellknight storyline is not alignment related.

I am talking about a random encounter, not the "deal with the devil" quest you get much later and that it is not random.

Cael

Arcane
There is no legitimate concern here. If there was, I wouldn't dismiss it.
He, just like you usually are, is simply imagining and seeing enemies in everything. That is paranoia, and it undermines the entire "conservative" position just as SJWs undermine progressive positions.
I recommend understanding the tale of the boy who cried wolf...

You are just claiming SJWs are far, far worse because it suits your ideology. The truth is that for every ridiculous SJW explosion on some social media, you can find another equally ridiculous ball of bullshit on right-wing sides. Which one you find worse is merely a matter of preference.
It is also irrelevant who started something, the only thing that matters is the status quo, which is that we have two extremist factions that both suck equally and we'd be better off without either.
Of course, it is too late for that, so I hope you're starting to build your bunker not only radiation, but also propaganda proof ;)
Sure there isn't. First they came for the commies and all that.

You are a joke, and are trying to claim the moral highground while trying to defend the indefensible: SJW shits.

Moral equivalency is the argument of the morally bankrupt.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Volrath

most DnD games let you steamroll shit if you sperg enough. Tbh I don't know if this is true here if you take it to extremes, but if you want to have some quality of life/ not excessive micromanagement, you have to maximize armor to an extent in this game that I haven't seen before. Sure you can have a full retard tower shield specialist who does nothing but getting hit, but I don't like such chars and they're usually a waste of a character slot when you can be survivable and still do other things. So if you don't want a character who focuses on nothing but defense, I find this game (with normal criticals on) to require much more planning in that regard.

I guess you could also just throw loads of summons at the enemy, which I'm going to do as soon as they get cleric domains fixed.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
VentilatorOfDoom where does that Smilodon comes from? Did you make Harrim a druid?
Yes you need a druid imo (or at the very least it's very helpful), so either you have to play one yourself or make one out of the companions or mercs. Harrim is a good druid. Make him the anti-fey variant so he gets good bonuses vs fey, even becomes immune to mindaffecting stuff by fey iirc. Animal companion gets the same bonuses I believe (not sure). Smilodon throughout the game is very helpful too, he's also the barkskin dispenser, does healing, and once buffed with frightful aspect and seamantle he also has some measure of staying power in melee even on unfair. The only problem is that you always have that 1 useless cleric level.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
I'm sorry, but your assumption that it is a given that Ol' Barty could get the trolls doped up on "moon radishes or other magical drugs" or that he would "still be able to study the regeneration factor" if he could is rubbish. It's entirely possible that he cannot reasonably dope up the trolls, and it's also entirely possible that if the trolls were doped up, he wouldn't be able to study the regeneration factor. We really have no way to know, because as far as I know, there's no published book on Golarion Vivisection for Pathfinder.

If someone needs an explanation for why Bartholomew is Evil, the answer may be a lot simpler: Because he's fucking torturing (a) sentient being(s). There doesn't need to be a "because" or a "despite". More than that, he's not even remorseful or hesitant concerning the fact, but is in fact implied to enjoy his work to some degree, which makes it far worse than if someone would suck it up due to some perceived necessity, such as curing an ongoing plague or something to that effect. And he's Lawful because he carries his mission or calling out in a calculated, principled manner, with a clear and present goal in mind, however reprehensible his actions may be considered by others.
My post wasn't meant to be all that serious, hence the reference to moon radishes (unless you believe all animal research involves doping rats on cannabis). But if you want to use the science analogy and talk about contaminating results, then Bart's experimental set up doesn't hold up as such. One sample size is useless in medical research, because one sample can always be the outlier that posseses traits not representative of the rest of the population, thus generating results that tell you nothing about the rest of the population. And the biggest hurdle of medical research is transferring from one model to another, whether from cells in a dish to lab rats, or from rodents to human volunteers. That's why the experimental setup, including group sizes and controls, in planned for in advance. And perhaps I wasn't clear here, but the characteristics and life processes of an organism ("biology" was admittedly me using lab slang here) will change with stress, impacting the test results, which also needs to be accounted for.

Of course this being fantasy land, you can wave anything away with "it's magic". But it's more of an analogy to Frankenstein's story than actual scientific research.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Is Crane Wing intended to work with Magus Spellstrike? It seems like it should to me because your offhand is still technically empty. Some people say it doesn't work in game, it seemed like it was for me the last time I checked though.
It's spell combat (not strike) that's basically occupying your offhand, one hand a weapon the other hand wielding the spell then attacking with both. At least on the pathfinder site the description says spell combat is like dual-wielding. I don't know how they implemented it in the game and I never had a char with crane wing yet (but if I were to make a melee magus I would take 1 monk level, crane style and make him as high AC as possible, so crane wing working with spell combat would be nice there). Perhaps crane wing would work with bows? Technically a twohanded weapon but Deflect Arrows for instance also works with bows even though it says you need 1 free hand. Deflect Arrows is a surprisingly good talent in the tutorial on unfair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom