Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

BEvers

I'm forever blowing

Old video got taken down, and I can't edit the post. Apparently they put out a video that was shot last week instead of uploading the correct version from this week:

Nyast

Cipher
Only in UA can you see a dev "excited" about fixing an arrow bug.

Which all backers had reported 6 months ago when the alpha got released, shall I add.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
At least they seem to be self aware:

Untitled.png

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why does he have to draw the patch notes on a whiteboard? They couldn't make a video real quick or something? I could make something more professional looking in like half an hour and I just make stupid shit for youtube

Comte

Why does he have to draw the patch notes on a whiteboard? They couldn't make a video real quick or something? I could make something more professional looking in like half an hour and I just make stupid shit for youtube

They have no $$$$ for anything professional looking.

Big Wrangle

Knowing Chris Avellone's recent credits pattern, we can safely conclude he wrote two sentences and called it a day.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Getting paid for your input is an immeasurably better gig than getting paid for your output. It's good to be the king.

Developer
I worked with them for a month in September to help the Creative Lead with the script and other writing. I did about 30 (?) days of work.

The 1st draft of the scripts and storyflow was already there when I arrived, I was mostly there to take some tasks off the Creative Director – part of my help was I rewrote the existing script for Cabirus (and then Joe rewrote it to match some elements he was looking for – the script structure didn’t change very much) and some of the faction Memora.

Originally, I’d come in for System Shock 3, but they indicated if I could help with Ascendant first, they’d welcome it (most of the studio was focused on it). I’m now back to helping on System Shock 3 (for that, that’s a very small assignment at the moment).

Paul Neurath, Warren Spector, and Joe Fielder and the devs were always pleasant to me – they genuinely cared about the game.

I rarely advertise the games I’m working on anymore because I just want to write in peace. I was grateful for the experience, though.

Other titles I’ve worked on that you may not know about include Omensight, Alaloth, The Walking Dead: Overkill, and Degrees of Separation (which will ship next year), all for different reasons. There’s other unannounced ones.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/692840/announcements/detail/1715205666459397418

Dec 3 Weekly Update!

Hey guys!

It's the weekend after we pushed Hotfix 1.03, and I spent the majority of today combing through community-submitted reports and queueing them up for our QA team, as well as coordinating Kickstarter goods. (We got a new pass at Resherak in the office, but he's a little too big... sneak peek at the 4" figurines anyways, unpainted, for those curious![imgur.com])

Our priority for this week and the next is tackling bugs and larger issues that have been brought up since launch. This includes working on a save system (more details on this next week, since we're still testing a couple of potential systems right now), the inventory stacking bug, gameplay blockers, crashes, and potential redesigns in combat and the quest system. Today was a heavy meeting day as we hashed out how we'd like to tackle some of the riskier updates (save system, quests, and combat) while fending off bugs.

As liveops continues, I'd also like to introduce Rich Gallup, our new Executive Producer who's been steering our ship since launch day! He's been an incredible force to work with, and has been a lifesaver for keeping us organized and on track for the last few hotfixes. You may also recognize him from some of the dev videos we've been putting out with each hotfix update!

Hoping to have more Kickstarter updates as well, particularly on some of the digital goods that just need a final review. I'll continue to monitor community-submitted bugs throughout the week and keep those KS goods rolling... thank you to everyone who's been tirelessly submitting, particularly with output logs/screenshots/locations! Makes our jobs a lot easier for reproducing bugs and getting to the bottom of certain issues. (Such as some reports of arrows not working on aggro'd skeletons in Underswamp... we thought we fixed the overall arrow issue, but it seems arrows can still be inconsistent under particular circumstances. Looking forward to knocking this bug out, as a Stealth main myself!)

That's all for now, and we'll share more as we continue to work on the game.

Curratum

The absolute madmen are really doing DLC! :D

"The original plan was to have people start rolling on to DLC now and a few peel off for future project concepting that any developer would normally do. But given where the game is we feel it's more important to update and improve UA now, other stuff later. It's better for our fans, for our brand and for each of our own psyches."

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Apropos MCA

If their vision is shit, they can resurrect Arthur Clarke and Isaac Assimov and pay them to write 2 quests and a companion, it wont matter anyway. This game is a laughing stock though. Excuse me for not paying for this sack of shit only to comb the game for sentences written by Chris fucking Avellone. Hell, may my fingers rot away if I'd even torrent this vomit.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I worked with them for a month in September to help the Creative Lead with the script and other writing. I did about 30 (?) days of work.

The 1st draft of the scripts and storyflow was already there when I arrived, I was mostly there to take some tasks off the Creative Director – part of my help was I rewrote the existing script for Cabirus (and then Joe rewrote it to match some elements he was looking for – the script structure didn’t change very much) and some of the faction Memora.

Originally, I’d come in for System Shock 3, but they indicated if I could help with Ascendant first, they’d welcome it (most of the studio was focused on it). I’m now back to helping on System Shock 3 (for that, that’s a very small assignment at the moment).

Paul Neurath, Warren Spector, and Joe Fielder and the devs were always pleasant to me – they genuinely cared about the game.

I rarely advertise the games I’m working on anymore because I just want to write in peace. I was grateful for the experience, though.

Other titles I’ve worked on that you may not know about include Omensight, Alaloth, The Walking Dead: Overkill, and Degrees of Separation (which will ship next year), all for different reasons. There’s other unannounced ones.

Why not just write shit on a piece of paper and throw it in the trash?

It's as effective and less time consuming.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Isn't it really easy to code monsters not to attack each other?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom